Four Auburn players arrested

TitanTiger

Yep, against the law. They got caught. Against teams rules. They got caught, Punish now, run those butts, do something. Get the simple BS over with.

The laws do need to change and if it wasn't for backwards, Alabama would have no direction at all.

Only 4 states have legalized weed for recreational use. Alabama is the heart of the bible belt and will always have extreme conservative views. But we are no different than most every other state with regards to recreational weed use.

Like the man said...

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel that way for many reasons, some of which you mentioned. This is not the politics forum, be happy to discuss the state there with you all day,.

Has always been among its own worst enemies and seemingly proud of it. Amazing.

I understand a lot of college kids smoke weed and I am sure a lot of other college football teams have a majority of the team smoking pot on a regular basis like we do. However; it does reflect lack of discipline and lack of fear/respect of the staff for these guys to get caught by the police driving around with it. I am pretty sure the staff has not told the team that "since everybody smokes weed and it should be legal anyway" that they (the coaching staff) condone the players using it and getting arrested with it is "meh".

Now if Gus wants to take a baby step in establishing more discipline in the program, he will suspend all 4 players for at least 1 full game. He should have suspended Nick Marshall at least 2 full games in 2014 since Nick was a so-called senior leader playing the most important position on the team.

wde

Just make them run stadiums until they throw up and call it a day. Everyone on the team smokes, they were just too dumb and got caught with it. It's BS.

Yet another time I should've just waited for Clayton to post.

What he said.

I AM JUST DAMN TIRED OF OUR PLAYERS GETTING IN TROUBLE PERIOD: smoking weed, robbery, shootings, fighting, etc.

Go smoke a J - you will feel better. =)

I AM JUST DAMN TIRED OF OUR PLAYERS GETTING IN TROUBLE PERIOD: smoking weed, robbery, shootings, fighting, etc.

I think this post is an example of "Arson, Murder and Jaywalking" in reverse.

Just make them run stadiums until they throw up and call it a day. Everyone on the team smokes, they were just too dumb and got caught with it. It's BS.

What he said.

Should've realized that earlier, Loof. ;)

when I was in High School, 70-80% of the athletes smoked.

And it might be a higher- no pun intended- percentage in college. If these guys are stupid, they all are.

One thing I wish I could know but never will is how they acted towards the cop. It's possible that he was prepared to look the other way and they smarted off to him, or maybe they were perfect gentlemen and he was just a prick or an overzealous young guy. I'm always curious about that.

i always wonder this as well. They also could have had a suitcase full and he was cool enough to bust them for misdemeanors.

What he said.

Should've realized that earlier, Loof. ;)

...he accurately said about sooooo many things. :)

Yes, many football players at the majority of the D1 powerhouses smoke weed.

But, it is illegal. We should not make excuses for these kids. IT IS ILLEGAL. They should abide by the rules or suffer consequences. Even if it was illegal to, say, drive a car, I would expect these kids to follow the rules. No one is above the law and it is time these kids learn that. No, I don't want them kicked off and I hate it may hurt our chances in the opener. But, Gus has to draw the line somewhere.

This. Some in our fanbase is the same as those who are the fans of spuat, uga, LSU, etc in terms of excusing illegal and poor behavior by our football program.

Gus should suspend them all for at least 1 game.

wde

Oh well, back to the lighthearted fun of the political forum. There is just too much disappointment, anger, ideology, controversy here in the football forum.

From someone on the bunker........ At least Cowart is finally bonding with his team mates. Lol.

Now that right there is funny

Herm Edwards comment on the issue with Tunsil.....basically the guy is putting his career at jeopardy ...he should have more concern about his future and risking a career over something like this is a bad sign.

It is not about the law, it is about whether a guy is really serious about playing football for a living...and willing to accept discipline.

Misdemeanor marijuana possession.

http://www.oanow.com...dbca2b76cb.html

Look, I know it's not like they're running a meth lab out of their dorm room, but damn guys, use some frickin' common sense.

Yup. That was essentially my thinking in a reply I left on another forum:

"For me, the real dumb part here is the lack of judgment shown by being in possession out in public. If ya wanna smoke a little weed, do it in the privacy of your home. Don't be riding (or walking) dirty. Every time you do, you roll the dice. And when you roll the dice often enough, you are bound to come up snake eyes at least once in a while.

As for weed itself, yeah, it's illegal in Alabama and under Federal statute. So what. Alcohol is far, far worse and results in far, far more harm, yet it is legal and taxed. If anything, the law has what should be legal and what should be illegal backwards. (Then again, prohibition has never worked. Legalize and tax it all.)"

Gus knows he won't be able to compete if he enforces a true zero tolerance policy. He'll have no kids left on the team and all the talented kids will commit elsewhere because a vast majority of them smoke.

Kids these days are doing much harder drugs at a young age than when we were younger. Marijuana is the new alcohol.

Agree but i wouldn't be surprised if he did set that standard. I've never tried it but personally i wish they'd go ahead and make it legal. From all i've learned about it it seems to have more benefits than harm. It's a plant and not something constructed from household chemicals. Law enforcement resources can better be utilized regarding other more serious crimes IMO. However, it doesn't excuse the fact that people know it's illegal and know the rules. They want to smoke...go to the states where they can smoke it freely if it's that serious.

Well guess we know what they did with those cost of living stipends that they got cause they couldn't afford food and stuff with all their free tuition, room, etc etc.

Its a shame that it is even still a crime in backwoods Alabama. Sorry guys, I love my Tigers, but I live in Oregon. Where recreational marijuana is not only not a crime, but is LEGAL. You can walk into shops in Oregon to buy marijuana like you walk into the ABC stores back home.

Do I feel like college athletes should partake? Personally no, however if the truth be told, if Alabama was even half way caught up to the modern world, the devastating injury RDavis incurred last season SHOULD warrant him a medical card at the least.

This is absurd. Potential 6 months in jail and thousands of dollars fines for what in most states would be nothing more than a ticket. A citation. But nope, can't have that in Gods country. I mean there are still counties in Alabama fighting for their rite to purchase alcohol... There is a problem with the thinking in that part of the country.... Every time I start to miss home, something like this happens and reminds me why I left the state like a bad habit as quickly as I could.

I know I'm gonna catch the wrath for my thinking, but I don't care. Sure it was a knucklehead move by those guys. Carlton Davis especially, but the fact still remains, the problem is with the State of Alabama. Remember Nick Marshalls citation? Thank goodness he was in Georgia because he would of been crucified in good ole Bama.

No grief from me. A broke-arse state like Alabama could learn a thing or three from Oregon, Colorado et al and try legalizing and taxing this most innocuous of all intoxicants. Dire predictions from opponents in states that have done this have been shown to be as meritless as everyone with good sense claimed them to be. And it's not just the new tax revenue, but the savings from not wasting the time and resources of the police, the courts and the prison system. All that said...

This was just dumb on the part of these players. As per my previous post, if you're gonna do something like this, do it in private. Don't be out and about in public. That's just begging to get caught and suffer the consequences.

Those four guys will be "Auburn Fast" by the end of their punishment. That's the beautiful thing about athletics. Sometimes sitting out a game is much more desirable than the punishment that will be dealt.

Gus knows he won't be able to compete if he enforces a true zero tolerance policy. He'll have no kids left on the team and all the talented kids will commit elsewhere because a vast majority of them smoke.

Kids these days are doing much harder drugs at a young age than when we were younger. Marijuana is the new alcohol.

The pill's are what's killing the brain cells these days. Weed is recreational like alcohol - the pills these kids pop on a daily basis are doing way more damage and are more addictive than anything in a joint.

And more and more doctors are handing them out like candy for profit. Agree though...prescription drugs are starting to take over street drugs.

Maybe it just seems this way but it seems like we lead the way for having players getting popped for weed. I know we don't in regards to arrests but it would be interesting to see the breakdown regards players and weed issues.

One or two simple possession busts a year is really not bad. Not to sound like Mark Richt-era leg humpers, but the issue might be as much about APD- as the recent graduate speculated earlier speculated- as it is about discipline in the program.

when 99% of working adults in the real world get fired from almost any job for using mj.

I'd be surprised if 25% of companies regularly or even randomly test.

all companies i know of test pre-employment. all also test upon an at work injury. many have recently started random testing.

I tend to agree with McLoofus on the percentage. You'd be surprised that a large portion don't test even pre-employment. My last 2 jobs didn't test at all. I started a new job in Jan. of this year and it was the first time i was tested in a long time. It mostly depends on the person's line of work. Employment agencies test so if you go through them and land a contract or perm role they'll test you pre-employment for sure. But you'd be surprised that it's not really as common as you'd think.

Archived