2017 4* QB Kellen Mond (aTm commit 6/27/16)

ellitor

As for the Auburn and Texas A&M offenses?

"I think I fit both," Mond said. "I wouldn't have any preference. I think I fit both. Running the ball isn't going to hurt me or anything else. Running the ball in the Auburn offense or just being a more of a pro quarterback in the Texas A&M offense, I think I can fit both very well."

I have a feeling that "being a pro quarterback" will be the Texas A&M selling point that Auburn will have to overcome.

Because TAMU runs such a pro style O...

Right, and that's why it's just a selling point, but if he thinks they do, what difference does it make what they run?

He's 18, but not stupid. He knows the truth about them

Maybe but some coaches are professional salesmen. Sumlin is probably a good one & he has taken over Mond's recruitment since he decommitted from Baylor remember.

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have sat in on one of Sumlin's recruiting pitches. He is very good! He can absolutely sell TAMU. I hope his HS coaches disect both pitches from each school.

The offensive line depth in his class and eventual starters that would be protecting Kellen in his prime on the Plains is now looking really promising.

The offensive line depth in his class and eventual starters that would be protecting Kellen in his prime on the Plains is now looking really promising.

"Protecting Kellen as we transition to Joey"...FIFY

AU hit a home run on his visit. Truly appears to be a toss up right now. If deciding factor is fit or comfortability w/ staff AU is the choice. If it's distance & networking in Texas after football the choice is TAMU.

AU hit a home run on his visit. Truly appears to be a toss up right now. If deciding factor is fit or comfortability w/ staff AU is the choice. If it's distance & networking in Texas after football the choice is TAMU.

when is his choice expected to take place?

when is his choice expected to take place?

2-3 weeks.

With absolutely no insight I just feel like TAMU is going to be the pick. They have ZERO QB's and they have the distance thing going for them.

With absolutely no insight I just feel like TAMU is going to be the pick. They have ZERO QB's and they have the distance thing going for them.

Yeah me too. Which is weird because it went from Auburn v. Ohio state to Auburn v.TAMU and I still feel like

the common denominator loses out.

You'd think they'd have the edge but even their reporters are saying it's a toss up.

Would not like to lose Mond to A&M, but I genuinely think we have 2 stronger and tougher young QB's in Queen and Barrett. We just need them to have time in the playbook , on the practice field and not in surgery. I fully expect Georgia to start a Freshman this year; others do it and no one makes a big deal out of it. Plenty of bad plays as well as good plays come out of it, but really couldn't be worse than our last year. Other teams allover the country also start true Freshmen running backs and receivers, with the on-field experience eventually outweighing the bad. There is no reason we could not start a couple of our elite Freshmen receivers like so many other schools do...some close by with extremely positive results.

Just my Father's Day rant I suppose.

This is a good point. No one has even mentioned the possibility of Woody Barrett, starting quarterback for the 2016 Auburn Tigers.

Would not like to lose Mond to A&M, but I genuinely think we have 2 stronger and tougher young QB's in Queen and Barrett. We just need them to have time in the playbook , on the practice field and not in surgery. I fully expect Georgia to start a Freshman this year; others do it and no one makes a big deal out of it. Plenty of bad plays as well as good plays come out of it, but really couldn't be worse than our last year. Other teams allover the country also start true Freshmen running backs and receivers, with the on-field experience eventually outweighing the bad. There is no reason we could not start a couple of our elite Freshmen receivers like so many other schools do...some close by with extremely positive results.

This is a good point. No one has even mentioned the possibility of Woody Barrett, starting quarterback for the 2016 Auburn Tigers.

It's actually been discussed a lot in the football forum. Barring injuries there is a slim chance he starts as a true frosh unless he has gotten a lot more p;olished from where he ended high school.

I think it has been mentioned but in a way that might not bod well for the season. If Barrett wins the job for the opening gain we are in for real trouble not because he doesn't have talent just not enough experience for an SEC team.

Just don't see it. Didn't GA freshman have the spring and spring game? Spring is when the reps are spread evenly for a longer period of time when there is an open competition. That is not usually the case in the fall. Reps are at a premium. Woody is down the pecking order for reps in the fall. I am not sure Queen will ever see the field due to the continued are problems

Just don't see it. Didn't GA freshman have the spring and spring game? Spring is when the reps are spread evenly for a longer period of time when there is an open competition. That is not usually the case in the fall. Reps are at a premium. Woody is down the pecking order for reps in the fall. I am not sure Queen will ever see the field due to the continued are problems

Before we go any further we are not getting on the current or soon to be current QB topic again.

Keep this about Mond peeps.

I know there are reasons for selecting both schools for Mond. Some think he would like to stay close to home for his parents. But it didnt seem to bother him that he spent his last year in Bradenton, FL which is much farther away from Auburn and ofc San Antonio.

So who knows. I am just surprised that Noel Mazzone would be such a determining factor. lol. in 10 years he has been with 5 different teams, including one NFL team and one HS team. I wouldn't say he is a stable coach to learn from. ))

I know there are reasons for selecting both schools for Mond. Some think he would like to stay close to home for his parents. But it didnt seem to bother him that he spent his last year in Bradenton, FL which is much farther away from Auburn and ofc San Antonio.

So who knows. I am just surprised that Noel Mazzone would be such a determining factor. lol. in 10 years he has been with 5 different teams, including one NFL team and one HS team. I wouldn't say he is a stable coach to learn from. ))

That could make him a determining factor in AU's favor. He was what I was referring to with comfortabilirty with staff advantage to AU's favor. He's part of the questions the Mond's still have about TAMU.

I also thought it was funny about Noel Mazzone being TAMU's OC. I know he's updated and upgraded his offense but I can't help but think about our 2001 offense.

If all things were equal AU would definitely be the pick. The only thing A&M has going for them is the distance. I know our coaches are going all in for getting Mond to come to AU. A significant amount of time was spent with KM and his father Friday and Saturday. The coaches stayed talki ng to KM father until late at night. I am going to ask today what the current feeling is on KM.

If all things were equal AU would definitely be the pick. The only thing A&M has going for them is the distance. I know our coaches are going all in for getting Mond to come to AU. A significant amount of time was spent with KM and his father Friday and Saturday. The coaches stayed talki ng to KM father until late at night. I am going to ask today what the current feeling is on KM.

is dad the key or has the staff been working with mom too?

It's not the only thing or may not even be the biggest. The TAMU network all across Texas is putting heavy pressure onb KM to stay in state.

Ausbon eliminated AU today & will choose between TAMU & LSU soon. This is likely a very good indicator Mond will choose TAMU soon.

Archived