2017 4* QB Kellen Mond (aTm commit 6/27/16)

ellitor

So now Jones and Mond are off to Tuscaloosa for a day where Auburn will most definitely be negatively recruited. Such a short trip to AU...I'm not liking our chances.

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So now Jones and Mond are off to Tuscaloosa for a day where Auburn will most definitely be negatively recruited. Such a short trip to AU...I'm not liking our chances.

pretty much...

How long will they be at Bammur? I don't undrstand why Mond would visit if he's not interested in them.

How long will they be at Bammur? I don't undrstand why Mond would visit if he's not interested in them.

The Mond's & Jones' flew to ATL together & will fly back tomorrow together. Jones is a big Bama target. Mond went to hang with his boy on his Bama trip. It would have been nice if Mond stayed & got picked up tomorrow by the Jones' on their way back to the airport but KM obviously chose not to do that.

Is Mazzone a spread offense guy? Are the Aggies getting away from the spread? Just wondering

Historically he hasn't been but we aren't either. When rolling we are a fast paced running team. If you are asking about QB expectations I think he runs them quite a bit less than we like to run ours.

Just hate him going to Tuscaloosa after seeing us...Hope Lashlee and Gus were on their A-Game. Nothing good ever comes out of Tuscaloosa.

Interesting take on the Bama trip. Yep, they do that to us all the time. I am certain the staff knows it too. I don't think Mond is comfortable running the ball a lot. He wants to throw it. I know Gus can go either way, but T A&M seems to put more emphasis on throwing lately than we do. Still want Mond. It will be an interesting couple of weeks.

I just don't understand how TAMU has a dog in this fight right now, what QB regardless of rating can look at what's happened there over the last few years and say that's a situation I wanna get myself involved in? I mean honestly, in the last three years they've had 5 qb transfers out, with three of them being 5 star recruits.

Just hate him going to Tuscaloosa after seeing us...Hope Lashlee and Gus were on their A-Game. Nothing good ever comes out of Tuscaloosa.

Mond is mainly going to UAT to accompany Hezekiah Jones, not per his own recruitment. ..per KN

Aggies sure feel confident with this one.... "Sumlin always gets his quarterback."..... "Mom will win the day."..... "You can tell Mond has cooled on auburn."

Mond is mainly going to UAT to accompany Hezekiah Jones, not per his own recruitment. ..per KN

Yea, we know this, but don't you think Bama will pollute his mind with bad news about AU.

All of the QBs that transferred out leaves room for Mond to play sooner than later. I don't know how many years Trevor Knight has left after transferring. Also Sumlin could blame the previous OC for the QBs leaving. Getting an established OC in Mazzone from UCLA is enticing. You saw what he did with that offense with a good QB.

Yea, we know this, but don't you think Bama will pollute his mind with bad news about AU.

They will, play the "anywhere but Auburn" card as much as they can while he's there. It's what they do.

yes. Agree.

As for the Auburn and Texas A&M offenses?

“I think I fit both,” Mond said. “I wouldn’t have any preference. I think I fit both. Running the ball isn’t going to hurt me or anything else. Running the ball in the Auburn offense or just being a more of a pro quarterback in the Texas A&M offense, I think I can fit both very well.”

I have a feeling that "being a pro quarterback" will be the Texas A&M selling point that Auburn will have to overcome.

Because TAMU runs such a pro style O...

Would not like to lose Mond to A&M, but I genuinely think we have 2 stronger and tougher young QB's in Queen and Barrett. We just need them to have time in the playbook , on the practice field and not in surgery. I fully expect Georgia to start a Freshman this year; others do it and no one makes a big deal out of it. Plenty of bad plays as well as good plays come out of it, but really couldn't be worse than our last year. Other teams allover the country also start true Freshmen running backs and receivers, with the on-field experience eventually outweighing the bad. There is no reason we could not start a couple of our elite Freshmen receivers like so many other schools do...some close by with extremely positive results.

Just my Father's Day rant I suppose.

Would not like to lose Mond to A&M, but I genuinely think we have 2 stronger and tougher young QB's in Queen and Barrett. We just need them to have time in the playbook , on the practice field and not in surgery. I fully expect Georgia to start a Freshman this year; others do it and no one makes a big deal out of it. Plenty of bad plays as well as good plays come out of it, but really couldn't be worse than our last year. Other teams allover the country also start true Freshmen running backs and receivers, with the on-field experience eventually outweighing the bad. There is no reason we could not start a couple of our elite Freshmen receivers like so many other schools do...some close by with extremely positive results.

Just my Father's Day rant I suppose.

WR & RB are the easiest positions to transition to from high school to college freshman. QB is a whole nother world. If you are starting a true frosh it's out of necessity 95% of the times. Comparison is apples to oranges.

FWIW BMatt thinks it's AU. Just a gut feel though. He does not do sunshine much though FTR.

FWIW BMatt thinks it's AU. Just a gut feel though. He does not do sunshine much though FTR.

Nothing wrong with a bit of sunshine every now and then. I am passing through Arizona now...waaaaaaaaayyyyyy too much sunshine here for my liking only because it is accompanied by lots of heat.

“I think I fit both,” Mond said. “I wouldn’t have any preference. I think I fit both. Running the ball isn’t going to hurt me or anything else. Running the ball in the Auburn offense or just being a more of a pro quarterback in the Texas A&M offense, I think I can fit both very well.”

I have a feeling that "being a pro quarterback" will be the Texas A&M selling point that Auburn will have to overcome.

If he thinks they do, then what's the difference?

Right, and that's why it's just a selling point, but if he thinks they do, what difference does it make what they run?

Right, and that's why it's just a selling point, but if he thinks they do, what difference does it make what they run?

He's 18, but not stupid. He knows the truth about them

Archived