2017 4* QB Kellen Mond (aTm commit 6/27/16)

ellitor

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been too quiet from our insiders since his visit...that's usually another good indicator that we're out of the picture.

It's been too quiet from our insiders since his visit...that's usually another good indicator that we're out of the picture.

Yep

If all things were equal AU would definitely be the pick. The only thing A&M has going for them is the distance. I know our coaches are going all in for getting Mond to come to AU. A significant amount of time was spent with KM and his father Friday and Saturday. The coaches stayed talki ng to KM father until late at night. I am going to ask today what the current feeling is on KM.

AU hit a home run on his visit. Truly appears to be a toss up right now. If deciding factor is fit or comfortability w/ staff AU is the choice. If it's distance & networking in Texas after football the choice is TAMU.

If all things were equal AU would definitely be the pick. The only thing A&M has going for them is the distance. I know our coaches are going all in for getting Mond to come to AU. A significant amount of time was spent with KM and his father Friday and Saturday. The coaches stayed talki ng to KM father until late at night. I am going to ask today what the current feeling is on KM.

AU hit a home run on his visit. Truly appears to be a toss up right now. If deciding factor is fit or comfortability w/ staff AU is the choice. If it's distance & networking in Texas after football the choice is TAMU.

He left Saturday...it took until Tue to get anything out of studnt23 and we still haven't heard anything definitive from wdewde...our side appears to be in the dark. Of course...Troxell committed out of nowhere, so maybe our side likes to keep their mouths shut.

He left Saturday...it took until Tue to get anything out of studnt23 and we still haven't heard anything definitive from wdewde...our side appears to be in the dark. Of course...Troxell committed out of nowhere, so maybe our side likes to keep their mouths shut.

All you guys need to know was said when Ausbon eliminated AU & will commit to TAMU or LSU soon. That's a clear indicator he & Mond likely choose TAMU soon.

Although I knew that Gus had never had the opportunity to fully develop a QB before he arrived at AU, I never in my wildest dreams thought that he would struggle to recruit a high caliber QB. I would have thought that QB recruits would be knocking the door down wanting in and that Gus would have developed a pipeline of talent by now. I realize that last season's QB production woes/injuries are a contributing factor at the moment, but I'm still disappointed nonetheless. When I look at the offensive roster and the current commitments, I see a lot of really fine talent but no QB that is capable of consistently getting them the ball. It really baffles my mind that we're in this situation.

Although I knew that Gus had never had the opportunity to fully develop a QB before he arrived at AU, I never in my wildest dreams thought that he would struggle to recruit a high caliber QB. I would have thought that QB recruits would be knocking the door down wanting in and that Gus would have developed a pipeline of talent by now. I realize that last season's QB production woes/injuries are a contributing factor at the moment, but I'm still disappointed nonetheless. When I look at the offensive roster and the current commitments, I see a lot of really fine talent but no QB that is capable of consistently getting them the ball. It really baffles my mind that we're in this situation.

If you want a prospect that can get them the ball, Sean White is a good as anybody can sign. Barrett is a solid DT prospect and Queen has looked good when he's been on the practice field. It's not that dismal.

If you want a prospect that can get them the ball, Sean White is a good as anybody can sign. Barrett is a solid DT prospect and Queen has looked good when he's been on the practice field. It's not that dismal.

Just OK isn't going to cut it in the SEC. And that is where AU is at the QB position.

White is good. But has some maturity issues.

Barrett hasn't even stepped on campus and from all reports is going to need to be redshirted.

Queen has been a non factor and none of the guys I know who went to practice have said one word about him.

Franklin can run. His passing skills are lacking.

Just OK isn't going to cut it in the SEC. And that is where AU is at the QB position.

Barrett hasn't even stepped on campus and from all reports is going to need to be redshirted.

Queen has been a non factor and none of the guys I know who went to practice have said one word about him.

And there lies the problem.

Don't get me wrong here, I hope either White or Franklin light it up this year. Lots of pieces are in place for AU to have a very good year.

Today is his bday. Decision coming in the next week ... It's tight. Our coaches feel we're trending but could go either way. A&M people blowing him up.

Our best chance to sign a decent QB this year (imo) will probably be Narcisse... and that chance is slim.

Close, but no cigar with Mond...smh

Narcisse (sp?)... well, LSU has 2 QB's committed. So that is the ONLY reason he would still consider us...

But unfortunately, you know Dameyune's gonna be in his ear. He's about the most ani-Gus/Lashlee guy out there. So that slim chance is slimming...

It's ok, we could always go the juco route...

Today is his bday. Decision coming in the next week ... It's tight. Our coaches feel we're trending but could go either way. A&M people blowing him up.

even with the receiver friend dropping Auburn as a choice the coaches still feel that Auburn is in it for Mond? Just wondering based on the board speculation that this situation seals it that Mond is tamu bound.

even with the receiver friend dropping Auburn as a choice the coaches still feel that Auburn is in it for Mond? Just wondering based on the board speculation that this situation seals it that Mond is tamu bound.

Didn't help

Don't get me wrong here, I hope either White or Franklin light it up this year. Lots of pieces are in place for AU to have a very good year.

I concur. I'm just a little shocked that things appear so questionable at the moment and may continue for the foreseeable future.

The staff has and is putting up a good fight but I would be surprised if Mond does not pick TAMU. Honestly though AU was always going to have an uphill battle here if TAMU decided to go all in on an in state kid which they did starting about a month ago.

The staff has and is putting up a good fight but I would be surprised if Mond does not pick TAMU. Honestly though AU was always going to have an uphill battle here if TAMU decided to go all in on an in state kid which they did starting about a month ago.

Urban getting into Mond's ear didn't help. Urban hates him some AU.

Anyone know any of the 3 QBs who left Texas A&M in the past 2 years who could arrange an introduction? If we've got Urban in his ear negative recruiting AU and Craig in his receiver buddy's ears negative recruiting AU, we should at least make sure he's getting the whole picture from some QBs who lived the Sumlin experience and decided to get out.

Anyone know any of the 3 QBs who left Texas A&M in the past 2 years who could arrange an introduction? If we've got Urban in his ear negative recruiting AU and Craig in his receiver buddy's ears negative recruiting AU, we should at least make sure he's getting the whole picture from some QBs who lived the Sumlin experience and decided to get out.

Craig may be a great recruiter but IMO as a WR coach he didn't accomplish much while at AU. I would use this to negative recruit against him.

Archived