Disarray in the Deep South

RunInRed

I hate to think that Alabama Republicans have just become the other side of the coin of Alabama Democrats but I fear they have.

Wow. And an equally reasonable response to a rational one. Hmm.

I hate to think that Alabama Republicans have just become the other side of the coin of Alabama Democrats but I fear they have.

"Just become.."??

Up until a few decades ago, Alabama Republicans were Democrats. They may have changed the name of the party they run under, but cronyism, corruption, prejudice, and arrogance among the good-ol'-boy network have never been the exclusive monopoly of any party in this state.

"Just become.."??

Up until a few decades ago, Alabama Republicans were Democrats. They may have changed the name of the party they run under, but cronyism, corruption, prejudice, and arrogance among the good-ol'-boy network have never been the exclusive monopoly of any party in this state.

I agree. Such a seemingly significant political shift has resulted in no political/social change. Ignorance, misinformation, and a herd mentality are a recipe for maintaining the status quo.

And a Democrat legislator that threatens to out Republicans if they vote to impeach a Republican governor??

"Just become.."??

true. My county has been described as being able to fit all republicans in a phone booth 30 years ago. Now nearly half the ballots are straight ticket republican. Few will even run democrat

Archived