Officer acquitted of all charges in Freddie Gray case

TheBlueVue

Marilyn Mosbey jumped the shark in a big way overcharging the Officers involved in this case. She wont get a single conviction primarily because she does not have the evidence and she never had the evidence to justify the charges she brought against them. She currently stands @ 0 for 2.

http://www.msn.com/e...?ocid=spartandh

BALTIMORE (AP) — A Baltimore officer was acquitted Monday of assault and other charges in the arrest of Freddie Gray, dealing prosecutors a significant blow in their attempt to hold police accountable for the young black man's death from injuries he suffered in the back of a police van.

A judge also found Officer Edward Nero not guilty of reckless endangerment and misconduct in office. As the verdict was read, Nero dropped his head down and his attorney placed a hand on his back. The courtroom was quiet. Nero stood up and hugged his attorney, and was visibly emotional.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She didn't overcharge this one. He was charged with assault, reckless endangerment and misconduct in office. What on earth charge would you put on someone that did what these officers did?

That's 2

Just one. The other had a mistrial and will have another trial.

It's disgusting nonetheless.

2 charges & no conviction.

What's disgusting, exactly ?

That's 2

Just one. The other had a mistrial and will have another trial.

It's disgusting nonetheless.

2 charges & no conviction.

What's disgusting, exactly ?

That Freddie Gray can be handled the way he was handled and die as a result and no one so far can seem to be convicted of so much as misconduct in office. He didn't get that way all by himself.

Maybe. I dunno. But I'd remind folks to go back & revisit how how prosecutor stood on the front steps & vowed justice will be done...

Not for Freddie, but for ALL those who felt they too were unfairly treated by law enforcement.

That's not how justice ( is suppose to ) work in the USA. , or anywhere.

Maybe. I dunno. But I'd remind folks to go back & revisit how how prosecutor stood on the front steps & vowed justice will be done...

Not for Freddie, but for ALL those who felt they too were unfairly treated by law enforcement.

That's not how justice ( is suppose to ) work in the USA. , or anywhere.

She wasn't really experienced enough to be in that job. She had never handled any major cases in her career, much less anything of this magnitude.

Plenty of cases around the US where cops who break the law or abuse their power are properly sentenced, but in the these "high profile" cases it seems that people expect the cops to burn before the trial even begins. These officers were not just cleared of some charges - but of all charges. Just leads me to believe there is something more to this than what some news article would like us to believe.

The saddest part of all of this is that you had protestors ready to go on a Monday afternoon while most of us are at work. Does it not strike anyone else as odd that protestors were already there? I am willing to bet a Toomer's lemonade that Baltimore will get BLM'd tonight. As soon as the sun sets - they will come out and riot - burning the town and looting all in the name of equality. I hope I am wrong - but we have seen this before.

Plenty of cases around the US where cops who break the law or abuse their power are properly sentenced, but in the these "high profile" cases it seems that people expect the cops to burn before the trial even begins. These officers were not just cleared of some charges - but of all charges. Just leads me to believe there is something more to this than what some news article would like us to believe.

The saddest part of all of this is that you had protestors ready to go on a Monday afternoon while most of us are at work. Does it not strike anyone else as odd that protestors were already there? I am willing to bet a Toomer's lemonade that Baltimore will get BLM'd tonight. As soon as the sun sets - they will come out and riot - burning the town and looting all in the name of equality. I hope I am wrong - but we have seen this before.

These protesters are professional protesters. George Soros pays to bring them in from across the country.

Blm'd ? That's a thing now?

I guess it is.

Only shows their true intention isn't what they say it is.

She didn't overcharge this one. He was charged with assault, reckless endangerment and misconduct in office. What on earth charge would you put on someone that did what these officers did?

What did they do? There isn't ANY evidence that they did anything remotely approaching those charges. It takes evidence to convict people of even those charges and there is none, obviously. They tried their "strongest" cases first...their STRONGEST and they're 0 - 2. They don't have a case on any of these officers. She wont get even one conviction due to her gross ineptitude.

What did they do? There isn't ANY evidence that they did anything remotely approaching those charges. It takes evidence to convict people of even those charges and there is none, obviously. They tried their "strongest" cases first...their STRONGEST and they're 0 - 2. They don't have a case on any of these officers. She wont get even one conviction due to her gross ineptitude.

Have you read Freddie Gray's injuries? Injuries that he died from? He didn't spontaneously manifest them. They were done to him. His spinal cord was almost severed because these jackasses decided to joyride him with his hands and legs shackled but they didn't bother to seatbelt him in like reasonable people would. At the bare minimum common sense tells you it's gross negligence. Only someone with some twisted emotional investment in seeing them walk free and clear would believe otherwise.

Yes, Raptor, didn't overcharge. At minimum it was misconduct in office. Just because someone can work the system and get off doesn't mean the charge wasn't accurate.

What this goes to show is not that most of the charges weren't appropriate, but just how hard it is to convict police officers if you don't have a dozen eyewitnesses and recorded video. Hell, sometimes that isn't even enough because as soon as the "officer believed he was in danger" card gets played, folks fold up like a cardboard dining table.

Innocent of all charges.

Didn't over charge??

Huh

There is a thing called the presumption of innocence that everyone enjoys in our legal system and unless the evidence is compelling prosecutors who aren't grand standing or trying to launch political careers don t rush to judgement the way Mosby did. .She admitted she filed the charges even before the evidence was in and that was all I ever complained about. She was pandering to an angry mob pure and simple.

Have you read Freddie Gray's injuries? Injuries that he died from? He didn't spontaneously manifest them. They were done to him. His spinal cord was almost severed because these jackasses decided to joyride him with his hands and legs shackled but they didn't bother to seatbelt him in like reasonable people would. At the bare minimum common sense tells you it's gross negligence. Only someone with some twisted emotional investment in seeing them walk free and clear would believe otherwise.

Yes, Raptor, didn't overcharge. At minimum it was misconduct in office. Just because someone can work the system and get off doesn't mean the charge wasn't accurate.

What this goes to show is not that most of the charges weren't appropriate, but just how hard it is to convict police officers if you don't have a dozen eyewitnesses and recorded video. Hell, sometimes that isn't even enough because as soon as the "officer believed he was in danger" card gets played, folks fold up like a cardboard dining table.

I am always amazed how you have people convicted when you don't have a clue what the evidence is because you weren't on the jury or in that court room. How do you know what the officer's defense was? Seems immaterial to me, especially given the overall lack of compelling evidence.

It's instructive, at least to me, how you're right and all these juries are wrong but you've never seen any evidence, obviously, neither has anyone else, that supports your conviction. Justice is served when the jury rules. Next.

Innocent of all charges.

Didn't over charge??

Huh

There is a thing called the presumption of innocence that everyone enjoys in our legal system and unless the evidence is compelling prosecutors who aren't grand standing or trying to launch political careers don t rush to judgement the way Mosby did. .She admitted she filed the charges even before the evidence was in and that was all I ever complained about. She was pandering to an angry mob pure and simple.

No no, the cops " worked the system ".

smdh

No charge, as it appears these officers did nothing wrong. The jury heard all the evidence and came to that conclusion. How can anyone that didn't hear and see the evidence say otherwise?

No charge, as it appears these officers did nothing wrong. The jury heard all the evidence and came to that conclusion. How can anyone that didn't hear and see the evidence say otherwise?

This is a fundamental misunderstanding of a "not guilty" verdict in our system.

The problem is, the only counter witness is dead. What do you think the chances are that one of the officers in that vehicle would say anything that would incriminate one or all of them with no witnesses available to contradict them?

At the very least it is negligent to shackle someone's hands and feet but not seatbelt them in, meaning they have no way to protect themselves in the event of a sudden stop.

It doesn't take a genius or a clairvoyant to realize that "they did nothing" wrong it complete bull****.

I am always amazed how you have people convicted when you don't have a clue what the evidence is because you weren't on the jury or in that court room. How do you know what the officer's defense was? Seems immaterial to me, especially given the overall lack of compelling evidence.

It's instructive, at least to me, how you're right and all these juries are wrong but you've never seen any evidence, obviously, neither has anyone else, that supports your conviction. Justice is served when the jury rules. Next.

Logic tells me that when you chain someone up so they are immobilized, in a wide open van, all the officers buckle themselves in but don't buckle in the prisoner who can't brace themselves, that there's some negligence or misconduct involved at a minimum.

You may be gullible enough to think that getting off and being innocent are the same thing, but I'm not.

Innocent of all charges.

Didn't over charge??

Huh

No no, the cops " worked the system ".

smdh

They didn't have to. Most people are predisposed to believe cops. We trust them to do the right thing and we naturally distrust criminals. But that can go too far and make it virtually impossible to convict a police officer even in cases where me or you would be in deep doo-doo.

Something tells me that if these exact same thing had transpired but instead of some random petty criminals you don't know it was your brother or your son or your close friend, you'd view the circumstances quite differently.

A competent professional prosecutor, who wasn't interested in scoring political points, might have secured a conviction in some of the charges.

She tossed everything up against the wall, hoping something would stick.

Pretty pathetic

A competent professional prosecutor, who wasn't interested in scoring political points, might have secured a conviction in some of the charges.

I'm not really defending the prosecutor's abilities. But I'm just not going to play doe-eyed innocent here and act like I can't look at the known facts of a case and use common sense to say that at the very least, someone was reckless and careless with another human being's safety and that carelessness resulted in a man being killed. At the very least. What I suspect, but can't prove since the only counterwitness died is that they left him unrestrained by a seatbelt and did a hard stop to bounce him around a little bit and 'teach him a lesson' and he was more seriously injured than they meant to hurt him and he died.

But what does not pass the smell test at all is that this was purely some accident that they couldn't have foreseen any issues with. As I said, "not guilty" and "innocent" are two very different things in a legal sense. And I think it's sad that if this trend continues, at least one of these officers is going to get away with something that all of them know was wrong.

Archived