Before the crash she blamed on speculators, Elizabeth Warren made a bundle by flipping houses

I think the problem is she was attacking Trump for his money making real estate deals? And to find out she does the same to a lessor extent, these people are priceless, by the way if anyone hasn't dealt with developers before a little advice , tread carefully. Didn't Jeb Bush claim he was Hispanic ?

:blink:

Oh, on a voting form, which likely was a mistake, and not at all what Princess Lies-a-lotta did.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Warren seems to criticize in the practice of buying foreclosed homes and flipping them though.

Link?

Just going on what I read in the papers...

Elizabeth Warren, who has railed against predatory banks and heartless foreclosures, took part in about a dozen Oklahoma real estate deals that netted her and her family hefty profits through maneuvers such as “flipping” properties, records show. A Herald review has found that the Democratic U.S. Senate candidate rapidly bought and sold homes herself, loaned money at high interest rates to relatives and purchased foreclosed properties at bargain prices.

https://www.washingt...ppjDV_blog.html

This article draws equivalencies that don't appear to be there. One can oppose predatory loans and a certain class of foreclosures, and still buy a property that has been foreclosed. I oppose those things, but once a foreclosed house is on the market, I might buy it. Many foreclosures these past few years were on homes bought by speculators trying to benefit from a rising market. Texas had a ton of homes purchased from 2005-2007 by investors who would rent them as they planned to soon benefit from rapid appreciation.

So if you and Liz have no problem doing this. Why it is a problem that little handed don sees a potential crash as an opportunity?

Most normal, decent people have no trouble seeing the distinction between dealing with economic reality after it occurs and actively hoping a crash happens so you can benefit.

Such a convenient characterization that doesn't change a thing. Fauxcahontas not only capitalized on foreclosures in OKC she also lent her brother a bunch of money so he could too and charged him 9.5% interest. Seems to me Warren and her family were pretty damned jazzed about the opportunity. I can just see her shedding crocodile tears for those displaced families while lining her pockets with profits from their flipped foreclosures.

Come on guys, you know that the liberal crowd doesn't have to be consistent between what they do and say....that's for chumps...or for that matter, they don't really get bogged down with the truth of things at all...Fauxahontas made her entire career on the lie that she was native American....and entire career built on a lie...why would you think hypocrisy regarding speculating on foreclosed properties would give her pause....Blonde haired, blue-eyed and white until some time in the 80's, then suddenly she made a hit with the Ivy League crowd claiming native american ancestry....$300,000 year Harvard Salary. (ouch, evil top 4%-ter)..a position in the Obama admin, victory in the Mass senate race, U of Penn....all based on a lie...but this boards gaggle of liberal ass clowns keep lapping it up...and some of you even want her on the Democratic ticket...wow....just wow. A complete lying sack of s***; and you think she's fit to serve in the administration....

You seriously think that? :rolleyes:

This is a fact homie. Harvard, as did many Ivy League schools, had a push to hire minority professors since they had none....in wlaks Warren who has had a recent epiphany that, due to her high cheekbones, she had to be of Cherokee descent. She applied on that pretense, was hired and remained listed as a Native American on the professor roster @ Harrvard Law until she was tenured. Guess what? She's tenured now and still teaches one class at Harvard but is no longer listed as native American. Why is that? SO yeah, I'd say I do believe a BIG portion of her career is built on a lie.

To think that was a central factor in her success reflects a very distorted and naive view of Harvard or any other major university for that matter. It's incidental at best.

You tell me Homey....do you think she claimed to be 1/32 Cherokee and advertise it in the Association of American Law Schools directory only to "meet others with similar tribal roots" as she claimed when called on it? Or, do you think it's because "Havaad" (accent on the 1st syllable like a good Bostonian) used to tout her as a minority faculty member anytime they got called out for their lack of diversity...hhmmm, yeah, you're right...what am I thinking...it must be because the lilly-white Bostonian transplant wanted to get in touch with her faux native American roots....what a preposterous thing to say...yet, here you are defending her. Oh, and I did have one of my facts wrong...she made over $500k while at "Havaad"...that makes the champion of the people one of those evil 1%-ers she rails about....

Warren seems to criticize in the practice of buying foreclosed homes and flipping them though.

Link?

Elizabeth Warren, who has railed against predatory banks and heartless foreclosures, took part in about a dozen Oklahoma real estate deals that netted her and her family hefty profits through maneuvers such as “flipping” properties, records show. A Herald review has found that the Democratic U.S. Senate candidate rapidly bought and sold homes herself, loaned money at high interest rates to relatives and purchased foreclosed properties at bargain prices.

This article draws equivalencies that don't appear to be there. One can oppose predatory loans and a certain class of foreclosures, and still buy a property that has been foreclosed. I oppose those things, but once a foreclosed house is on the market, I might buy it. Many foreclosures these past few years were on homes bought by speculators trying to benefit from a rising market. Texas had a ton of homes purchased from 2005-2007 by investors who would rent them as they planned to soon benefit from rapid appreciation.

So if you and Liz have no problem doing this. Why it is a problem that little handed don sees a potential crash as an opportunity?

Most normal, decent people have no trouble seeing the distinction between dealing with economic reality after it occurs and actively hoping a crash happens so you can benefit.

Such a convenient characterization that doesn't change a thing. Fauxcahontas not only capitalized on foreclosures in OKC she also lent her brother a bunch of money so he could too and charged him 9.5% interest. Seems to me Warren and her family were pretty damned jazzed about the opportunity. I can just see her shedding crocodile tears for those displaced families while lining her pockets with profits from their flipped foreclosures.

Come on guys, you know that the liberal crowd doesn't have to be consistent between what they do and say....that's for chumps...or for that matter, they don't really get bogged down with the truth of things at all...Fauxahontas made her entire career on the lie that she was native American....and entire career built on a lie...why would you think hypocrisy regarding speculating on foreclosed properties would give her pause....Blonde haired, blue-eyed and white until some time in the 80's, then suddenly she made a hit with the Ivy League crowd claiming native american ancestry....$300,000 year Harvard Salary. (ouch, evil top 4%-ter)..a position in the Obama admin, victory in the Mass senate race, U of Penn....all based on a lie...but this boards gaggle of liberal ass clowns keep lapping it up...and some of you even want her on the Democratic ticket...wow....just wow. A complete lying sack of s***; and you think she's fit to serve in the administration....

This is a fact homie. Harvard, as did many Ivy League schools, had a push to hire minority professors since they had none....in wlaks Warren who has had a recent epiphany that, due to her high cheekbones, she had to be of Cherokee descent. She applied on that pretense, was hired and remained listed as a Native American on the professor roster @ Harrvard Law until she was tenured. Guess what? She's tenured now and still teaches one class at Harvard but is no longer listed as native American. Why is that? SO yeah, I'd say I do believe a BIG portion of her career is built on a lie.

To think that was a central factor in her success reflects a very distorted and naive view of Harvard or any other major university for that matter. It's incidental at best.

LOL dude, seriously, you need to snap out of it. All the Ivy League institutions give serious preferential treatment to minorities and they bend over backwards to show their faculty "inclusiveness" with tenured minorities. Its not even a debatable issue just ask Fauxcahontas! LOL

Its not the reason for her success, but it did open doors not afforded others with similar qualifications. It clearly propelled her career.

Credible link that it played ANY factor in her hiring?

I think the problem is she was attacking Trump for his money making real estate deals? And to find out she does the same to a lessor extent, these people are priceless, by the way if anyone hasn't dealt with developers before a little advice , tread carefully. Didn't Jeb Bush claim he was Hispanic ?

Link to what she said about Trump.

Its not the reason for her success, but it did open doors not afforded others with similar qualifications. It clearly propelled her career.

"It clearly propelled her career"? That's BS. This is a classic mountain from a molehill. Just add a prominent politician and the right wing reverb machine. (And yes, both sides do it. :-\ )

Warren never offered up more than "family lore" (putting her in a huge class of people claiming Native American heritage - mostly Cherokee). If this was such a big deal for Harvard they would have wanted to see some additional proof.

What do the principals say?

The head of the committee that brought Warren to Harvard Law School said talk of Native American ties was not a factor in recruiting her to the prestigious institution. Reported the Boston Herald in April in its first story on Warren's ancestry claim: "Harvard Law professor Charles Fried, a former U.S. Solicitor General who served under Ronald Reagan, sat on the appointing committee that recommended Warren for hire in 1995. He said he didn't recall her Native American heritage ever coming up during the hiring process.

"'It simply played no role in the appointments process. It was not mentioned and I didn't mention it to the faculty,' he said."

He repeated himself this week, telling the Herald: "In spite of conclusive evidence to the contrary, the story continues to circulate that Elizabeth Warren enjoyed some kind of affirmative action leg-up in her hiring as a full professor by the Harvard Law School. The innuendo is false."

"I can state categorically that the subject of her Native American ancestry never once was mentioned," he added.

That view was echoed by Law School Professor Laurence H. Tribe, who voted to tenure Warren and was also involved in recruiting her.

"Elizabeth Warren's heritage had absolutely no role in the decision to recruit her to Harvard Law School," he told the Crimson. "Our decision was entirely based on her extraordinary expertise and legendary teaching ability. This whole dispute is fabricated out of whole cloth and has no connection to reality."

And that's the second arena where an absence of evidence should have some weight. If there's no easily located evidence that Warren has Native American ancestry, there's also no evidence Warren used her family story to boost herself into a Harvard job.

The head of the committee that brought Warren to Harvard Law School said talk of Native American ties was not a factor in recruiting her to the prestigious institution. Reported the Boston Herald in April in its first story on Warren's ancestry claim: "Harvard Law professor Charles Fried, a former U.S. Solicitor General who served under Ronald Reagan, sat on the appointing committee that recommended Warren for hire in 1995. He said he didn't recall her Native American heritage ever coming up during the hiring process.

'It simply played no role in the appointments process. It was not mentioned and I didn't mention it to the faculty,' he said."

He repeated himself this week, telling the Herald: "In spite of conclusive evidence to the contrary, the story continues to circulate that Elizabeth Warren enjoyed some kind of affirmative action leg-up in her hiring as a full professor by the Harvard Law School. The innuendo is false."

"I can state categorically that the subject of her Native American ancestry never once was mentioned," he added.

That view was echoed by Law School Professor Laurence H. Tribe, who voted to tenure Warren and was also involved in recruiting her.

"Elizabeth Warren's heritage had absolutely no role in the decision to recruit her to Harvard Law School," he told the Crimson. "Our decision was entirely based on her extraordinary expertise and legendary teaching ability. This whole dispute is fabricated out of whole cloth and has no connection to reality."

And that's the second arena where an absence of evidence should have some weight. If there's no easily located evidence that Warren has Native American ancestry, there's also no evidence Warren used her family story to boost herself into a Harvard job.

http://www.theatlant...or-what/257415/

Link?

LOL dude, seriously, you need to snap out of it. All the Ivy League institutions give serious preferential treatment to minorities and they bend over backwards to show their faculty "inclusiveness" with tenured minorities. Its not even a debatable issue just ask Fauxcahontas! LOL

Based on a family story and nothing else? I don't think so.

I am not arguing she didn't do what she did. I am arguing the significance of it, which is WAY overblown.

Link?

How did you come by your expertise on the Ivy League, Townhall.com ?

Link?

You tell me Homey....do you think she claimed to be 1/32 Cherokee and advertise it in the Association of American Law Schools directory only to "meet others with similar tribal roots" as she claimed when called on it? Or, do you think it's because "Havaad" (accent on the 1st syllable like a good Bostonian) used to tout her as a minority faculty member anytime they got called out for their lack of diversity...hhmmm, yeah, you're right...what am I thinking...it must be because the lilly-white Bostonian transplant wanted to get in touch with her faux native American roots....what a preposterous thing to say...yet, here you are defending her. Oh, and I did have one of my facts wrong...she made over $500k while at "Havaad"...that makes the champion of the people one of those evil 1%-ers she rails about....

Whatever she earned at Harvard had nothing to do with claiming she had a Cherokee in her family tree. You would have to be foolish to think so.

It has been very easy to take a low cost DNA ancestry test for several years now. I always wondered if Warren took one of those tests after being caught lying during her Senate campaign hoping it would show some trace of North American Indian ancestry. I think she probably did anonymously and would have made it public if she got the results she needed. Unfortunately for her, she’s just another northern European American, but she got elected anyway.............

My family lore included distant Native American heritage. Doubt I could prove it, but I grew up hearing it from older family members. I doubt this is that uncommon.

It has been very easy to take a low cost DNA ancestry test for several years now. I always wondered if Warren took one of those tests after being caught lying during her Senate campaign hoping it would show some trace of North American Indian ancestry. I think she probably did anonymously and would have made it public if she got the results she needed. Unfortunately for her, she’s just another northern European American, but she got elected anyway.............

"So, that being said, parents and children do not necessarily always inherit, let's say the minor components of a genetic ancestry. So you might have three children, and one child would inherit, let's say, a 15 percent sub-Saharan African content, and the second child will inherit none. And that's just the DNA shuffle, as we call it."

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5438960

My family lore included distant Native American heritage. Doubt I could prove it, but I grew up hearing it from older family members. I doubt this is that uncommon.

Did you ever try to claim minority status in any official capacity, or just swap stories about it with friends?

Did you ever try to claim minority status in any official capacity, or just swap stories about it with friends?

What official forms did she include it in?

Soon after the Boston Herald report, information was uncovered[8] by George Mason University Law School Professor David Bernstein[9] that starting in the mid-1980s, when she was at U. Penn. Law School, Warren had put herself on the “Minority Law Teacher” list in the faculty directory of the Association of American Law Schools but dropped from that list when she gain tenure at Harvard in 1995.

Warren had not previously revealed these law directory entries. The AALS directory was used as a recruiting tool[10] by law schools in that time period in order to identify, among other things, minority law professors.

According to Professor David Bernstein[11]:

“In the old days before the Internet, you’d pull out the AALS directory and look up people. There are schools that if they were looking for a minority faculty member, would go to that list and might say, ‘I didn’t know Elizabeth Warren was a minority,’ ” said George Mason University Law professor David Bernstein, a former chairman of the American Association of Law Schools.

Warren aides clammed up yesterday and refused to answer questions about why she stopped listing herself in the AALS directory after 1995. Around that time, Harvard Law School started boasting that Warren was their first minority female professor.

“That appendix strikes me as obviously allowing people to announce themselves as being members of minority groups in case people are looking for such members for whatever reason,” Bernstein said.

http://elizabethwarr...ee-controversy/

Soon after the Boston Herald report, information was uncovered[8] by George Mason University Law School Professor David Bernstein[9] that starting in the mid-1980s, when she was at U. Penn. Law School, Warren had put herself on the “Minority Law Teacher” list in the faculty directory of the Association of American Law Schools but dropped from that list when she gain tenure at Harvard in 1995.

Warren had not previously revealed these law directory entries. The AALS directory was used as a recruiting tool[10] by law schools in that time period in order to identify, among other things, minority law professors.

“In the old days before the Internet, you’d pull out the AALS directory and look up people. There are schools that if they were looking for a minority faculty member, would go to that list and might say, ‘I didn’t know Elizabeth Warren was a minority,’ ” said George Mason University Law professor David Bernstein, a former chairman of the American Association of Law Schools.

Warren aides clammed up yesterday and refused to answer questions about why she stopped listing herself in the AALS directory after 1995. Around that time, Harvard Law School started boasting that Warren was their first minority female professor.

“That appendix strikes me as obviously allowing people to announce themselves as being members of minority groups in case people are looking for such members for whatever reason,” Bernstein said.

Did she put it on university employment forms? That directory doesn't sound "official" to me.

You doubt that Liz Warren has claimed to be of Indian ancestry ?

Soon after the Boston Herald report, information was uncovered[8] by George Mason University Law School Professor David Bernstein[9] that starting in the mid-1980s, when she was at U. Penn. Law School, Warren had put herself on the "Minority Law Teacher" list in the faculty directory of the Association of American Law Schools but dropped from that list when she gain tenure at Harvard in 1995.

"In the old days before the Internet, you'd pull out the AALS directory and look up people. There are schools that if they were looking for a minority faculty member, would go to that list and might say, 'I didn't know Elizabeth Warren was a minority,' " said George Mason University Law professor David Bernstein, a former chairman of the American Association of Law Schools.

"That appendix strikes me as obviously allowing people to announce themselves as being members of minority groups in case people are looking for such members for whatever reason," Bernstein said.

Did she put it on university employment forms? That directory doesn't sound "official" to me.

Seems like it's official enough to be a guide that universities use when recruiting professors to their schools. I'm pretty sure she had to be aware of that.

I doubt your reading comprehension.

Guess you do then.

Soon after the Boston Herald report, information was uncovered[8] by George Mason University Law School Professor David Bernstein[9] that starting in the mid-1980s, when she was at U. Penn. Law School, Warren had put herself on the "Minority Law Teacher" list in the faculty directory of the Association of American Law Schools but dropped from that list when she gain tenure at Harvard in 1995.

"In the old days before the Internet, you'd pull out the AALS directory and look up people. There are schools that if they were looking for a minority faculty member, would go to that list and might say, 'I didn't know Elizabeth Warren was a minority,' " said George Mason University Law professor David Bernstein, a former chairman of the American Association of Law Schools.

"That appendix strikes me as obviously allowing people to announce themselves as being members of minority groups in case people are looking for such members for whatever reason," Bernstein said.

Seems like it's official enough to be a guide that universities use when recruiting professors to their schools. I'm pretty sure she had to be aware of that.

I doubt it factored significantly, if at all, into Harvard Law's recruiting at the time. They seek highly regarded scholars which is what she was. She was at UPenn, not Drexel.

There are a ton of silly assertions on this thread. When Harvard has a vacancy they recruit a small pool of the top scholars in the field they are seeking.

There are a ton of silly assertions on this thread. When Harvard has a vacancy they recruit a small pool of the top scholars in the field they are seeking.

They thought it notable enough to start promoting that fact about her as their first minority female professor.

I doubt your reading comprehension.

Guess you do then.

Confirmed your lack of comprehension. What she claimed is not in dispute.

They thought it notable enough to start promoting that fact about her as their first minority female professor.

AFTER coming under fire, they used it. No evidence it played a role in recruiting. She was one of the top cited scholars in her specialty.

AFTER coming under fire, they used it. No evidence it played a role in recruiting. She was one of the top cited scholars in her specialty.

LOL...you folks live to carry water for these lying scumbags

Archived