Sorry Folks it wasn't an AR-15

AU-24

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2016/06/14/oh-the-orlando-killer-didnt-use-an-ar15-rifle-n2177835

Who is to blame now?

Owens noted that the rifle Mateen bought “has no major parts that interface with AR-15s in any way, shape, or form”:

The rifle used by the Islamist terrorist in Orlando was instead a
Sig Sauer MCX carbine
, a modular, multi-caliber (able to swap to different calibers, including 5.56 NATO, 300 BLK, and 7.62×39) rifle system that sometimes utilizes STANAG magazines common to more than 60 different firearms, but otherwise has no major parts that interface with AR-15s in any way, shape or form.

This of course will make no difference at all to the anti-gun politimedia, who don’t particularly care about factual accuracy and who likely wouldn’t be able to tell an AR-15 from a toaster oven if their lives depended on it.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We know.

Who's to blame for your inability to use the search function?

The shooter shouldn't have been able to buy any weapons of that magnitude. It's funny how you think think the weapon not being an AR 15 is some type of win for the gun supporters or something. AUUSN has already said that the sig is widely known by the Army SF for its capabilities. We know it can be very dangerous...

You were saying?

The shooter shouldn't have been able to buy any weapons of that magnitude. It's funny how you think think the weapon not being an AR 15 is some type of win for the gun supporters or something. AUUSN has already said that the sig is widely known by the Army SF for its capabilities. We know it can be very dangerous...

The shooter did not buy a cheap weapon either. The lowest I have seen them sold for is $1,500. I would also add that the shooter should not have been able to buy firearms, of any magnitude.

The shooter did not buy a cheap weapon either. The lowest I have seen them sold for is $1,500. I would also add that the shooter should not have been able to buy firearms, of any magnitude.

Agreed on the last point.

I think the AR's are real common so they receive the brunt of the assault rifle criticism by the media when it comes to assault rifles.But make no mistake, no weapon of that type is off the snide just because it's not called an AR 15..lol

Hilarious thread

I am so glad we can just ban these guns and that will solve everything. To think, many of us thought it may have had something to do with a hatred of people who feel women should have equal rights with men.

Or a hatred of anyone who isn't an infidel. Quran (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not." Not only does this verse establish that violence can be virtuous, but it also contradicts the myth that fighting is intended only in self-defense, since the audience was obviously not under attack at the time. From the Hadith, we know that this verse was narrated at a time that Muhammad was actually trying to motivate his people into raiding merchant caravans for loot.

Quran (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority". This speaks directly of polytheists, yet it also includes Christians, since they believe in the Trinity (ie. what Muhammad incorrectly believed to be 'joining companions to Allah').

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them" No reasonable person would interpret this to mean a spiritual struggle.

dSilly us, we thought the above has at least something to do with it.

The Quran contains at least 109 verses that call Muslims to war with nonbelievers for the sake of Islamic rule. Some are quite graphic, with commands to chop off heads and fingers and kill infidels wherever they may be hiding. Muslims who do not join the fight are called 'hypocrites' and warned that Allah will send them to Hell if they do not join the slaughter.

The Quran contains at least 109 verses that call Muslims to war with nonbelievers for the sake of Islamic rule. Some are quite graphic, with commands to chop off heads and fingers and kill infidels wherever they may be hiding. Muslims who do not join the fight are called 'hypocrites' and warned that Allah will send them to Hell if they do not join the slaughter.

Where did Allah touch you?

Where did Allah touch you?

:lmao:

Agreed on the last point.

I think the AR's are real common so they receive the brunt of the assault rifle criticism by the media when it comes to assault rifles.But make no mistake, no weapon of that type is off the snide just because it's not called an AR 15..lol

Hilarious thread

They are, but mostly because someone can have two basic AR's for the cost of one Sig MCX. They are also the favored choice of the tacticool crowd. Same is true for entry-level AK-47's. Personally, I would rather have a Sig MCX or 556 over any AR-15. I like the AR-15's ergonomics and out-of-box accuracy, but there is not a single one of them I would trust my life with. That task would always fall to the AK-47. The ergonomics are why you see SF groups opting for rifles like the MCX, H&K 416, and FN SCAR. You don't have to retrain your operators, but you get a rifle that can be counted on to work all of the time.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2016/06/14/oh-the-orlando-killer-didnt-use-an-ar15-rifle-n2177835

Who is to blame now?

Owens noted that the rifle Mateen bought “has no major parts that interface with AR-15s in any way, shape, or form”:

The rifle used by the Islamist terrorist in Orlando was instead a
Sig Sauer MCX carbine
, a modular, multi-caliber (able to swap to different calibers, including 5.56 NATO, 300 BLK, and 7.62×39) rifle system that sometimes utilizes STANAG magazines common to more than 60 different firearms, but otherwise has no major parts that interface with AR-15s in any way, shape or form.

This of course will make no difference at all to the anti-gun politimedia, who don’t particularly care about factual accuracy and who likely wouldn’t be able to tell an AR-15 from a toaster oven if their lives depended on it.

Stupid post

I am so glad we can just ban these guns and that will solve everything. To think, many of us thought it may have had something to do with a hatred of people who feel women should have equal rights with men.

Or a hatred of anyone who isn't an infidel. Quran (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not." Not only does this verse establish that violence can be virtuous, but it also contradicts the myth that fighting is intended only in self-defense, since the audience was obviously not under attack at the time. From the Hadith, we know that this verse was narrated at a time that Muhammad was actually trying to motivate his people into raiding merchant caravans for loot.

Quran (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority". This speaks directly of polytheists, yet it also includes Christians, since they believe in the Trinity (ie. what Muhammad incorrectly believed to be 'joining companions to Allah').

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them" No reasonable person would interpret this to mean a spiritual struggle.

Stupid post.

Stupid Awesome, spot on and very intelligent post.

Fixed

Stupid Awesome, spot on and very intelligent post.

Fixed

I am not surprised you don't understand stupid. Most stupid people don't.

And as this post demonstrates, you don't understand wit either. But that just comes from being stupid.

And as this post demonstrates, you don't understand wit either. But that just comes from being stupid.

There is no 'wit' on your part, dumb ass. The post in question obliterates your fairy tale view of what Islam is , or what it isn't, and reveals your head in the ground mindset.

It's about Islam

Not guns.

Stupid post.

http://www.carbonate...-shootings-2015

....Last year, a mass shooting occurred in San Bernardino, California. The attack killed 14 people and the media was quick to lock onto the suspected shooters possible terrorist affiliations and Muslim religious background<s style="box-sizing: border-box.

After a mass shooting occurs, news outlets tend to make sure that the assailant’s religious affiliation is front and center.

However, when Robert Lewis Dear — a white "Christian" man — decided to shoot up a Planned Parenthood, the news cycle finished with him in a matter of days. They barely touched upon his religious affiliations and certainly made no assertion that all Christians should now be considered dangerous and censored for their beliefs.

Every shooting matters and every shooter should be punished for their crimes. But maybe the media should stop trying to vilify a group of people that made up less than 1% of total shooters this year.

If anything, the statistics released by Shooting Tracker are yet another confirmation of how the threat of Islamic extremism is highly exaggerated by the media and right-wingers alike.

But you won’t see these figures on cable news.

The double standards are baffling and, in a lot of instances, Islamophobic.

There is no 'wit' on your part, dumb ass. The post in question obliterates your fairy tale view of what Islam is , or what it isn't, and reveals your head in the ground mindset.

Your idiotic posts speak for themselves. I am just making you pay for them.

homer - yours is truly the stupid post. There is no double standard. There is a GLOBAL murder fest going on , all in the name of Allah, and your pathetic attempt to paint 1 or 2 " Christians " ( which they aren't ) as some sort of quid pro quo in a juvenile and idiotic attempt to paint all religion under the same umbrella, and there by side step the real root cause here.

Militant Islamic Fundamentalism.

You're too much of a coward, like Obama, to say it.

You're making ME pay for YOUR own displays of ignorance ?

Wow... don't throw me in the brier patch. Don't do it !!

:roflol:

There is no 'wit' on your my part, I am a dumb ass.

Fixed it for you! And I used your own version of wit!! :laugh:

There is no 'wit' on your my part, I am a dumb ass.

Fixed it for you! And I used your own version of wit!! :laugh:

Too stupid to see the difference, aren't you ?

Of course you are.

( You used your own feeble attempts at wit, which even at your advanced age, still eludes your understanding. )

This is so stupid to even argue....And I guess it's safe to assume that nobody really wondered or cared about this guy and if he was on medication or was he a loner etc....

homer - yours is truly the stupid post. There is no double standard. There is a GLOBAL murder fest going on , all in the name of Allah, and your pathetic attempt to paint 1 or 2 " Christians " ( which they aren't ) as some sort of quid pro quo in a juvenile and idiotic attempt to paint all religion under the same umbrella, and there by side step the real root cause here.

Militant Islamic Fundamentalism.

You're too much of a coward, like Obama, to say it.

You're making ME pay for YOUR own displays of ignorance ?

Wow... don't throw me in the brier patch. Don't do it !!

:roflol:

I have no problem with saying that radical Islamists are responsible for whatever they do, so quit lying.

I also understand as POTUS why I would be reluctant to fan the flames of mindless prejudice by attaching the name of a religion to atrocities committed by crazy fanatics. It would be counterproductive.

Likewise, you don't hear the term "Christian terrorists" very often when Christian wackos commit such acts. Why tar Christianity with the acts of a fanatic?

You are a weaseling liar and a total embarrassment to this forum, much less Auburn University. Go away.

Archived