Softball post season change

6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Dang...you mean Butch had AU in the tournament?  I missed that all together.  :-\   Must have been watching Coastal Carolina...but I will bet you a six pack that AU will adopt a new offensive strategy and will have more bunts next season that in this past one ...and win more of the close games. 

No bets there! He'll probably have to play tiny ball by default, his top hitters are gone. On the other hand, maybe he's recruited well enough that we can swing away and forget the bunt. We'll see. I hope we do win more close games because I want Butch to remain as our coach.

PS: I didn't say Butch had us in the tournament. However, he is a well-regarded college coach that doesn't like the bunt any more than I do.

6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

On 7/18/2016 at 8:48 AM, Mikey said:

No bets there! He'll probably have to play tiny ball by default, his top hitters are gone. On the other hand, maybe he's recruited well enough that we can swing away and forget the bunt. We'll see. I hope we do win more close games because I want Butch to remain as our coach.

PS: I didn't say Butch had us in the tournament. However, he is a well-regarded college coach that doesn't like the bunt any more than I do.

As regards the tournament comment.....my wife is a Duke English major and she interpreted your comment as indicated because of your use of 'That" in the last sentence  referenced the previous sentence about the NCAA tournament.  She doesn't know much about college baseball but she knows her grammar....and I know a little college baseball and was pretty sure that I had not missed our NCAA appearance.  :-\ but you never know. 

As for next year.....yep, looks somewhere between tiny ball and small ball....and I hope Butch wins too..... but I'm keenly aware that in the recent past he has not had to make managerial decisions about how to win with the players he has for a season or even for one game.....and he has some work to do there.  Hope he studying hard in the off season.

21 hours ago, AU64 said:

As regards the tournament comment.....my wife is a Duke English major and she interpreted your comment as indicated because of your use of 'That" in the last sentence  referenced the previous sentence about the NCAA tournament.  She doesn't know much about college baseball but she knows her grammar....and I know a little college baseball and was pretty sure that I had not missed our NCAA appearance.  :-\ but you never know. 

As for next year.....yep, looks somewhere between tiny ball and small ball....and I hope Butch wins too..... but I'm keenly aware that in the recent past he has not had to make managerial decisions about how to win with the players he has for a season or even for one game.....and he has some work to do there.  Hope he studying hard in the off season.

Well then, put your wife on here and I'll get my Magna-cum-whateverthehell sister to sign up and they can discuss grammar.  :)

Archived