How many lies will the Dems tell tonight ?

AURaptor

My friends, as a child I sat in the back of the bus. I was told, time and time again, that God's potential didn't exist in people like me. I've spent my life fighting to change that. And, from the first day when I met Hillary Clinton, I've known that she's someone who cares just as much and fights just as hard.  - Donna Brazile. 

Donna was born 12-15-1959.

Rosa Parks was charged in 1955. 4 years before Donna was even born. 

The Montgomery bus boycotts were a distant memory by the time Donna even learned to walk. 

She never rode on the back of the bus, unless it was the school bus.  And did so because she wanted to. 

De facto segregation was very much alive and kicking in mid 60s Louisiana. 

And you should credit Tiger82 for his post, Raptor. 

49 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

De facto segregation was very much alive and kicking in mid 60s Louisiana. 

And you should credit Tiger82 for his post, Raptor. 

Why? Oh sure, 82's post is where I saw this first, but then I did my own research on the matter, and didn't just do a cut and paste job of his post. On an entirely different site. 

Donna brought up the back-of-the' bus stuff, not just " defacto racism ".  She's going for flair and dramatic embellishment, not relaying the truth. 

Bill remembers there being burning churches in Arkansas that  didn't burn in his youth. Hillary claims she ran for cover to avoid imaginary sniper fire. And hands up don't shoot? Still yet another lie.

I see some here want to try to bring up Republican lies, as if that somehow absolves the Democrats from their own. It doesn't.

Does Bill have Parkinson's disease? The way his hands are shaking as he speaking looks very much like he may be in the early stages of Parkinson's. 

22 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

Does Bill have Parkinson's disease? The way his hands are shaking as he speaking looks very much like he may be in the early stages of Parkinson's. 

I flipped over, for a moment, and it wasn't a pretty sight.  Or sound. 

1 hour ago, AUUSN said:

Probably as many as the Repubs told last week.

Which lies were those ? 

I googled it and it was brought up in January after he did a speech in Iowa. He said he does have a tremble but doctors said it wasn't Parkinson's. 

3 hours ago, AURaptor said:

My friends, as a child I sat in the back of the bus. I was told, time and time again, that God's potential didn't exist in people like me. I've spent my life fighting to change that. And, from the first day when I met Hillary Clinton, I've known that she's someone who cares just as much and fights just as hard.  - Donna Brazile. 

Donna was born 12-15-1959.

Rosa Parks was charged in 1955. 4 years before Donna was even born. 

The Montgomery bus boycotts were a distant memory by the time Donna even learned to walk. 

She never rode on the back of the bus, unless it was the school bus.  And did so because she wanted to. 

Ignorant post.

Segregation was very much alive through the mid 60's , at least in Alabama.  I was there. 

8 hours ago, AURaptor said:

Why? Oh sure, 82's post is where I saw this first, but then I did my own research on the matter, and didn't just do a cut and paste job of his post. On an entirely different site. 

Donna brought up the back-of-the' bus stuff, not just " defacto racism ".  She's going for flair and dramatic embellishment, not relaying the truth. 

You don't seem to understand what "de facto" means.  It means "in reality" or "in actual existence."  It's quite possible that even in the early 60s in some places, segregated public transit was still in effect, regardless of the law.  

Racism wasn't the point. Being forced to the back of the bus was. Stop lecturing me on what " de facto " means. 

57 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

Racism wasn't the point. Being forced to the back of the bus was. Stop lecturing me on what " de facto " means. 

I'll stop lecturing you when you show me you actually get it.

What I am saying is that even though segregation on buses and other places had been struck down by the SCOTUS, de facto segregation even on public buses was still happening in places across the South.  She may not have been forced by law (de jure segregation) to move to the back, but authorities and segregationist whites could have coerced the same through threats of trouble and/or violence for any blacks that tried to sit up in front.

Titan - I get it.  You're projecting what you want the issue to be instead of what I'm talking about 

5 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

Titan - I get it.  You're projecting what you want the issue to be instead of what I'm talking about 

No, you don't.  You want to harp on legal segregation ending to discount someone's experience, as if she couldn't have been "forced" to the back of the bus after Rosa Parks because the laws were struck down.  But segregation was enforced through intimidation and coercion long after the laws changed.  So she isn't necessarily lying when she says she had to sit in the back of a bus.

How old would she need to be to remember being forced to sit in the back of the bus? I'm skeptical she experienced that herself.

And even if she did, she also saw that practice change while she was growing up & done away with entirely by the time she was a young adult. 

This is 2016. Not 1956. 

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

CNN has a run down on the lies and truths from last night:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/26/politics/democratic-convention-fact-check/index.html

some true, some true but misleading and some false....what a surprise that at a convention a lot of political speech was going on. Essentially all that's left to say is - is god bless pandering, lawlessness and anarchy.

1 minute ago, AURaptor said:

How old would she need to be to remember being forced to sit in the back of the bus? I'm skeptical she experienced that herself.

And even if she did, she also saw that practice change while she was growing up & done away with entirely by the time she was a young adult. 

This is 2016. Not 1956. 

You're moving the goalposts now.  She wasn't saying stuff like that was going on in 2016.  At least not in the quote you provided:

My friends, as a child I sat in the back of the bus. I was told, time and time again, that God's potential didn't exist in people like me. I've spent my life fighting to change that. And, from the first day when I met Hillary Clinton, I've known that she's someone who cares just as much and fights just as hard.  - Donna Brazile. 

She simply relayed that as a child she sat in the back of the bus.  De facto segregation in places throughout the South still happened all through the 1960s.  It wouldn't be unreasonable to say that as a 5 or 6 year old kid (so, 1964-1965) there was a sort of "you'll sit in the back if you know what's good for you" type of thing going on in parts of Louisiana then.

The rest of her statement is just talking about the ongoing quest for full equality over the last 40-50 years.  It's not like the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act were signed and *poof* all the racial discrimination evaporated overnight.

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

You're moving the goalposts now.  She wasn't saying stuff like that was going on in 2016.  At least not in the quote you provided:

My friends, as a child I sat in the back of the bus. I was told, time and time again, that God's potential didn't exist in people like me. I've spent my life fighting to change that. And, from the first day when I met Hillary Clinton, I've known that she's someone who cares just as much and fights just as hard.  - Donna Brazile. 

She simply relayed that as a child she sat in the back of the bus.  De facto segregation in places throughout the South still happened all through the 1960s.  It wouldn't be unreasonable to say that as a 5 or 6 year old kid (so, 1964-1965) there was a sort of "you'll sit in the back if you know what's good for you" type of thing going on in parts of Louisiana then.

The rest of her statement is just talking about the ongoing quest for full equality over the last 40-50 years.  It's not like the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act were signed and *poof* all the racial discrimination evaporated overnight.

I believe her story implicitly because there has NEVER been a social justice warrior's story that has been dis credited. They NEVER lie and are to be taken 100% at their word no matter what and I do. :jossun: Also, forgive me but,  I'm not going to get too worked up over what happened in the 60s because that was 50+ frickin years ago. Sorry.

2 minutes ago, TheBlueVue said:

I believe her story implicitly because there has NEVER been a social justice warrior's story that has been dis credited. They NEVER lie and are to be taken 100% at their word no matter what and I do. :jossun: Also, forgive me but,  I'm not going to get too worked up over what happened in the 60s because that was 50+ frickin years ago. Sorry.

She wasn't asking you or expecting you to get worked up.  She simply made a statement about her past. 

Archived