2016 Fall Camp - Practice 10

RunInRed

4 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

There is always a jack leg in the group that thinks they are cute.

You have a wealth of information at your finger tips and you're asking questions that Wikipedia can answer.    Then im the jack leg?  lol

10 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

The problem is most of those higher scoring games that featured Sean, he usually had the same amount or more picks than touchdowns. 

100% agreed. 1 TD to 4 INTs won't beat anyone better than Vandy.

But neither will playing conservative with Johnson, who wasn't much better with 10 TDs to 7 INTs.

And these options are why I have us finishing at 5-7.

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

I may get killed for this, but I can see him being more like Baker Mayfield. Size and ability.

Mayfield  (rJr)6"1 210 vs

Sean (rSo) 6' 205 

Mayfield 65% 

White 58%

But Sean was 83 of 143. To reach 65% he would've needed to be 92 of 143. That's only 9 passes which we all know he had at least 9 dropped.

I feel Sean needs the chance to mess up and work through it with out fear of being pulled. If allowed to do so, I think he will excell.

Shouldn't get killed for having an opinion. Size wise, yes. Skill wise... IMO, Mayfield has a stronger arm, is faster and more fluid in the pocket. Just reminds me of Aaron Rodgers in the pocket. That natural ability to feel pressure and buy enough time.

I do agree with your last statement, though

@80Tiger, Here are some highlights.

Edited by DAG

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

I may get killed for this, but I can see him being more like Baker Mayfield. Size and ability.

Mayfield  (rJr)6"1 210 vs

Sean (rSo) 6' 205 

Mayfield 65% 

White 58%

But Sean was 83 of 143. To reach 65% he would've needed to be 92 of 143. That's only 9 passes which we all know he had at least 9 dropped.

I feel Sean needs the chance to mess up and work through it with out fear of being pulled. If allowed to do so, I think he will excell.

Mayfield also had over 400 yards rushing and about 39 more total touchdowns. Don't be such a homer. 

On 141 attempts for a whopping 2.9 ypc...And his first year, he ran 88 times for 190 for another whopping 2.2 ypc.  Don't be so blind.

Watch the highlights that DAG posted. Sean's passing looks very much like his, save one thing...Mayfield had better protection and receivers.

• Like 3

Yeah, I'm blind but you're the one that had to preface your statement by saying, "I'm probably going to be killed for this." Usually when you have to write that, it's best not to write it at all.

I mean hell, even the whopping 2.9 is better than SW's 30 attempts for a 1.2 ypc.

Edited by aujeff11

The differences I see between Mayfield and White aren't as much physical as they are other factors. In Mayfield's highlights above, you see a guy who already had a full season as a starter in a very quarterback friendly offense leading another very quarterback friendly offense. You also see a bunch of WRs getting open and making plays. You see a pocket that frequently stays nice and cushy for quite awhile. 

I'm not saying that White is as good as Mayfield, but to compare Mayfield's 2015 production to White's 2015 production isn't apples to apples at all. 

Side note: Mayfield tucks it and runs quite a bit without getting injured. He's not that much more mobile than White and he's not meaningfully bigger. I'm curious how some here reconcile that against their stated fear of Sean getting "thrown around like a rag doll". 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

The differences I see between Mayfield and White aren't as much physical as they are other factors. In Mayfield's highlights above, you see a guy who already had a full season as a starter in a very quarterback friendly offense leading another very quarterback friendly offense. You also see a bunch of WRs getting open and making plays. You see a pocket that frequently stays nice and cushy for quite awhile. 

I'm not saying that White is as good as Mayfield, but to compare Mayfield's 2015 production to White's 2015 production isn't apples to apples at all. 

Side note: Mayfield tucks it and runs quite a bit without getting injured. He's not that much more mobile than White and he's not meaningfully bigger. I'm curious how some here reconcile that against their stated fear of Sean getting "thrown around like a rag doll". 

And in that full season he was a true freshman and he still produced. We have to excuse SW for his lack of production because of the drops in the Arky game and because he was only a redshirt freshman.

:-\

Just now, McLoofus said:

Baker Mayfield won big 12  freshmen offensive player of the year as a walk-on at TT in 2013. He then went onto Oklahoma, walked on to OU and beat out the dude (Trevor Knight, now the starting QB of the aggies) who led OU pass Bama in the Sugar Bowl.

So you are right it is an apple to oranges comparison.

13 minutes ago, bigbird said:

On 141 attempts for a whopping 2.9 ypc...And his first year, he ran 88 times for 190 for another whopping 2.2 ypc.  Don't be so blind.

Watch the highlights that DAG posted. Sean's passing looks very much like his, save one thing...Mayfield had better protection and receivers.

Strong EDIT game bro....

38 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

You have a wealth of information at your finger tips and you're asking questions that Wikipedia can answer.    Then im the jack leg?  lol

I guess you missed the point of the post. If the guy is not a household name, then is it someone you really want to compare to.  It's designed to stimulate the conversation and for people to add useful information to the thread. Not "Google it".

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Strong EDIT game bro....

Figured no need to post a second time for the 2nd part. Thanks.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bigbird said:

SW can make that pass at 6:24? Flat footed, with a defender in his face, on a rope to the receiver?

I don't know man. I respect your opinion. 

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

The advantage Woody has is he's been coached by our QBs coach the least out of all the QBs. :beer2:

I don't care where ya stand on the issue, that's dang funny there!

SW needs to fix his problem throwing interceptions before we can compare him to a Heisman trophy candidate. I agree with Bird on he has the potential to be a qb in the same mold as BM though. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

And in that full season he was a true freshman and he still produced. We have to excuse SW for his lack of production because of the drops in the Arky game and because he was only a redshirt freshman.

:-\

Yes, he still produced as a true freshman at Texas Tech, where the QB produces every year. I don't know what kind of talent and experience Mayfield had around him that year- do you? Again... apples to oranges... and I'm not saying Sean's as good as that guy. I just don't see important physical differences. Was pretty clear about that in my previous post. 

@1:44 he makes a dart throw under similar pressure. Obviously not the same throw as Mayfield's, but shows how he handles being under pressure.

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yes, he still produced as a true freshman at Texas Tech, where the QB produces every year. I don't know what kind of talent and experience Mayfield had around him that year- do you? Again... apples to oranges... and I'm not saying Sean's as good as that guy. I just don't see important physical differences. Was pretty clear about that in my previous post. 

Does there have to be physical differences??? Did I say anything about their physical differences. Lol

Maybe one just has IT....and the other doesn't. 

And i I can guarantee that SW had just as much talent and experience around him than Mayfield did at TTU. Lol

Edited by aujeff11

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

@1:44 he makes a dart throw under similar pressure. Obviously not the same throw as Mayfield'so, but shows how he handles being under pressure.

I think SW definitely can handle being under pressure. I don't want anyone getting the idea that I am saying, he can't. I think SW can be an NFL QB as well. It is just my opinion that he will be much more like Brandon Allen, who BTW, was one of the most efficient QBs in the SEC last year, if not the most.

Sorry guys, one more vid. Just a reference for the viewers.