2016 Fall Camp - Practice 10

RunInRed

1 minute ago, auskip07 said:

one practice... then i guess he is fired. 

White is going to start. White has been up and down. Not near as sharp as he should be. Has not progress much at all from last year. Is the best option right now. Gus was set to announce White the starter before White started to play poorly. This info was from a assistant coach at AU. Woody is being fast tracked to play if White can't get the job done. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

White is going to start. White has been up and down. Not near as sharp as he should be. Has not progress much at all from last year. Is the best option right now. Gus was set to announce White the starter before White started to play poorly. This info was from a assistant coach at AU. Woody is being fast tracked to play if White can't get the job done. 

Woody being fast tracked to play isn't a very good sign. Sounds like the wheels can really come off the wagon this year...

Edited by aujeff11

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Woody being fast tracked to play isn't a very good sign. Sounds like the wheels can real come off the wagon this year.,,

Especially considering he was considered very raw as a QB recruit 

I see where Gus stated the QB had to be more of a runner this year but I'm not buying a lot of stock in  that unless his intention is to telegraph to Clemson what they need to prepare for. I have no idea who will start but I seriously doubt the decision is going to turn on who runs the ball the best but, that's just me. Actually, I think it would be clever to not officially name a starter prior to kick off. Let the whole thing come down to a game day decision but I doubt that happens as well.

27 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Now, that is just scary. WTH with our QB development...

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Now, that is just scary. WTH with our QB development...

Well, I guess that's a fair question but there is only so much a coach can do. The player has to step up and make the plays. That position is unlike any other in sports as it requires instant recognition and the ability to react accordingly almost instantly. There's just not that many people who can do that. Mechanics can be taught but a lot of what it takes to play QB at the highest level is instinctive and its either something a player has or he doesn't.

34 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

<_<

Some of these guys show their hand too well...One practice, but all I hear every dang day is about that one Arkansas game, where everyone else failed except SW. I just want are upperclassman to step up.

1 minute ago, TheBlueVue said:

Well, I guess that's a fair question but there is only so much a coach can do. The player has to step up and make the plays. That position is unlike any other in sports as it requires instant recognition and the ability to react accordingly almost instantly. There's just not that many people who can do that. Mechanics can be taught but a lot of what it takes to play QB at the highest level is instinctive and its either something a player has or he doesn't.

I am hoping that it is not true, but it is getting to the point where we are throwing darts at the board and hoping it sticks. Honestly, I am wondering why they pursued JF3 and Not Jerod Evans, who to me, seemed much more polished of a passer. Even if they wanted JF3 for an athlete type of role, they honestly could've still got him. I much rather have taken two Jucos, if things are looking this bad. There is no way possible I can fathom Woody starting this year. I guess I better brace myself. I do think the defense will be a delight though.

Just now, DAG said:

I am hoping that it is not true, but it is getting to the point where we are throwing darts at the board and hoping it sticks. Honestly, I am wondering why they pursued JF3 and Not Jerod Evans, who to me, seemed much more polished of a passer. Even if they wanted JF3 for an athlete type of role, they honestly could've still got him. I much rather have taken two Jucos, if things are looking this bad. There is no way possible I can fathom Woody starting this year. I guess I better brace myself. I do think the defense will be a delight though.

The defense will be fine until its gassed with being on the field too much. 

Just now, DAG said:

I didn't make it up. It's something I heard Joe Montana say and I believe he would know.

Just now, TheBlueVue said:

I didn't make it up. It's something I heard Joe Montana say and I believe he would know.

Sorry, I wasn't referencing your point about the QBs. I was reference the idea that we are fast tracking Woody to start. Should have clarified that in my post.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Sorry, I wasn't referencing your point about the QBs. I was reference the idea that we are fast tracking Woody to start. Should have clarified that in my post.

I agree with you completely on that.

45 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

The advantage Woody has is he's been coached by our QBs coach the least out of all the QBs. :beer2:

So if this goes the way you expect, WDE, will Gus be forced to make a certain change at the end of the season to keep his job? From reports about White's sudden regression, it would be inexcusable if Lashlee is still our OC next year.

Edited by AUwent

5 minutes ago, AUwent said:

So if this goes the way you expect, WDE, will Gus be forced to make a certain change at the end of the season to keep his job? From reports about White's sudden regression, it would be inexcusable if Lashlee is still our OC next year.

I expect White to ball out and all of this be a nonissue. 

1 hour ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Agreed he was safer with the ball than White late last season, HOWEVER, he was given mostly safe throws like flats, screens, bubbles, etc. i.e. away from Safeties who picked him off time after time early last season.

Do we really want to see another ultra-conservative offense that averaged 17.3 PPG in Johnson's last three Power 5 starts?

17.3 PPG will not win many in the SEC. It may not beat Vandy.

The problem is most of those higher scoring games that featured Sean, he usually had the same amount or more picks than touchdowns.