Buy, Sell, Hold

Newbomb

Buy, Sell, Hold  

85 members have voted

1. 1. If 2016 Auburn Football were a stock, right now would you

• Buy more...
    • Sell what I got..
    • Hold what I got..

If you're looking for a quick return hold (maybe sell). 

However if you're saving for long term retirement buy now.  History proves AU will be back soon.  Even Doug Barfield had a decent season and couldn't keep them down forever.

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

not being sarcastic...just saying that an AU over Clemson would move the needle on AU nicely.....and a good chance to make some money starting at a low base.   AU's perception among pollsters is about a low as possible considering the talent level, etc.    And using a stock market investment as an analogy....chance to buy very cheap and quickly double your money with an AU win and doubt AU would drop a point unless the team were to stink up the place. ...kinda like the Brexit....bought the day after the event took place because most "experts" considered it a disaster which I disagreed with.....AU's ranking looks the same. 

Sure 2017 might be better but we don't know ...but for investment purposes, I think this team is a good "Buy" ...especially after the lukewarm reception with the QB selection.   Time to buy this team.....now.

1. We are preseason #33 in the nation so it's not that low and it would be a good bit lower if we start 1-3 as we would not be ranked at all.

2. I'd rather wait & see if I can get a great buy. 

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

1. We are preseason #33 in the nation so it's not that low and it would be a good bit lower if we start 1-3 as we would not be ranked at all.

2. I'd rather wait & see if I can get a great buy. 

OK....but 33 in my mind is about like not being ranked at all....and if some  guy had not put us at 11, we would have about the same number or points as Vandy or Mizz.  I've always been an aggressive investor...have to be as a retiree when banks give you 1% interest and bonds only a little more. :)  though it's a good time sell the stock market IMO....

As an astute observer of the AU stock market over the years, I have detected trends.  If you graph out the last 30 years of AU's football history, you will also be able to easily see these trends.  We are about to enter a bull market.  IMO, it's time to buy.

10 hours ago, AuburnMisfit said:

Buy the stock, but also buy a put option.

don't think I would sell AU short at this point.

Archived