Wins vs Loses -- What would satisfy you?

Shift

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, DyeCampAlum said:

4-4 in the SEC

I agree. At least break even in the SEC. Win the 3 easy non-conf games. Win the bowl. 8 wins. Anything over this will be gravy. Anything less will be disappointing. 

On 8/29/2016 at 3:16 PM, AUIH1 said:

I agree with you, but what I highlighted above is the problem.  Where we are today is all on Gus which includes those poor coaching decisions, poor player evaluations, poor play calling, poor QB recruiting (in terms of finding the guy to run Gus' O), discipline issues, etc.  I understand we are stuck with Gus as a HC in training and it is what it is.  But that does not mean it should be OK with any of us because the product put on the field since Texas A&M 2014 should not be acceptable to any AU fan.  Then only thing that will keep me from wanting to clean house should 2016 end up like 2015 will be that I do not want Jay Jacobs to hire another head football coach at AU so I really hope Gus can turn it around. 

wde

BINGO!....

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

Playing AND coaching solid, smart and tough would make me feel pretty good. 

But damn it I want to know what you would take for wins:poke:

With the talent we bring in every year, 10 wins should be the standard, with two of those wins being a bowl win and either thUGA or bammer.  

10 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Same for me as long as at least one of those wins is against lsu,uga or turds

How 'bout if one of those wins was against Clemson? Would you sign up for that?

What would satisfy me? 10 wins, getting better each game, beating bama.

My main concern has been our slide in SEC play. It's embarrassing. If we don't beat A&M last year, we're dead. So progress there (I said 4-4), plus playing good, competitive football, is the mark. Less than that, I honestly think it's time for a change.

I expect (this year) wins against Arky State, La Monroe, Arkansas, Vandy, and Alabama A&M.  That's 5-7, so any win stolen in addition to these would satisfy me because of postseason play.  I'm actually very shocked at my indifference to AU football this season; so much so that I haven't even felt the calling of "the nip" yet 44 hours before gametime!  I am a recent graduate/next semester beginning grad student so I'm really hoping its just some weird phase about maturing into a "real adult", because I never want to lose my excitement for AU football, no matter the Ws or Ls!

As for the bleak record outlook on my end, I'm trying to go in viewing it like Braves fans have had to view this 2-3 year rebuilding cycle.  If we get snake bit out of a couple Ws, but start seeing the return of good, solid fundamentals on both sides of the ball coupled with play-calling that best suits the personnel on the field, I would view it as a stone laid for a good, future foundation.  I will have to admit, too, that 2010 and 2013 have maybe made me an impatient fan these past two years, so I'm thinking maybe its time to accept that possibly those years didn't lay as firm a foundation for Auburn to be a perennial 10-win/title contending team as many thought, though I have no idea why because the conditions seemed ripe for it to develop into that.  

So, hopefully the program isn't wandering in the wilderness too much longer (heck, maybe I'm even too pessimistic about where it is now), but if there was a "state of the Auburn program" presidential-style address, I would describe the program as an upper-middle tier SEC team that lacks something to constantly push itself into that perennial elite contender....and I hope this doesn't come across as completely negative or bashing, and I am more than open to those of you much more optimistic than I telling your position and raising the Orange and Blue Spirit here lol!

Archived