Phyllis Schlafly Dead at 92

AUDub

41 minutes ago, homersapien said:

One less wacko to worry about.  What a legacy. :no:

Way to show an ounce of respect.. 

43 minutes ago, homersapien said:

One less wacko to worry about.  What a legacy. :no:

That's kind of crass.  And I'm not exactly a big fan of Schlafly myself even if we had some overlap where our views were similar.  I generally find it in poor taste to immediately take shots at someone who just died.

21 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

That's kind of crass.  And I'm not exactly a big fan of Schlafly myself even if we had some overlap where our views were similar.  I generally find it in poor taste to immediately take shots at someone who just died.

Well if I had known she was going to die, I would have taken shots earlier.  This is a woman who once described refuges for battered women as places for R&R.   I could go on.

She was also a hypocrite. She always started her speeches by thanking her husband for "letting her come", just to piss-off the feminists.  But she worked and made far more than her husband. Her daughters became lawyers. She opposed gay rights even though her son was gay.

She was a mean-spirited, dispicable woman and dying didn't change that. We all die.  There's no virtue bestowed by dying.  

Just now, homersapien said:

Well if I had known she was going to die, I would have taken shots earlier.  This is a woman who once described refuges for battered women as places for R&R.   I could go on.

She was also a hypocrite. She worked and made more than her husband. Her daughters became lawyers. She opposed gay rights even though her son was gay.

She was a mean-spirited, dispicable woman and dying didn't change that. We all die.  There's no virtue bestowed by dying.  

I get all of that.  I'm not asking anyone to say things they don't mean just because someone died.  But maybe give it a few days of "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything" before trashing them.

Just now, TitanTiger said:

I get all of that.  I'm not asking anyone to say things they don't mean just because someone died.  But maybe give it a few days of "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything" before trashing them.

I'll take your advice on that. A eulogy:

The End

How's this for wacko:

“The atomic bomb is a marvelous gift that was given to our country by a wise God.” – Schlafly, “Women are the Best Warmakers”. The Day, 1982.

“It is long overdue for parents to realize they have the right and duty to protect our children against the intolerant evolutionists.” -Schlafly, “Time to End the Censorship,” Dec. 2004.

“By getting married, the woman has consented to sex, and I don’t think you can call it rape.” – “Schlafly cranks up agitation at Bates” Sun Journal, 2007.

6 hours ago, homersapien said:

How's this for wacko:

“The atomic bomb is a marvelous gift that was given to our country by a wise God.” – Schlafly, “Women are the Best Warmakers”. The Day, 1982.

“It is long overdue for parents to realize they have the right and duty to protect our children against the intolerant evolutionists.” -Schlafly, “Time to End the Censorship,” Dec. 2004.

“By getting married, the woman has consented to sex, and I don’t think you can call it rape.” – “Schlafly cranks up agitation at Bates” Sun Journal, 2007.

Can't say the a-bomb was a gift from any divine source, but it sure did save many lives and ended a horrible war. 

Good thing we now have intolerant climate changers now instead, huh? 

If this is the worst you have on her, then I'm not impressed. 

18 hours ago, AURaptor said:

Can't say the a-bomb was a gift from any divine source, but it sure did save many lives and ended a horrible war. 

Good thing we now have intolerant climate changers now instead, huh? 

If this is the worst you have on her, then I'm not impressed. 

As if that matters to anyone.  :-\

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 10:09 AM, AURaptor said:

Way to show an ounce of respect.. 

That's mild bro. The progs couldn't wait til her body had even grown cold before twitter blew up with their celebrations that made homeys look rather tame.

Oh no, we saw the " respect " given to Scalia . The Left are mostly miserable, degenerate haters of good, make no mistake. 

I just uat don't care to keep overstating the obvious. 

Archived