***Auburn 16 Texas A&M 29 -- Post Game Thread***

RunInRed

1 minute ago, CoffeeTiger said:

LSU next week is a MUST WIN for Auburn to really have any chance of a decent year this season.

How's that realistic? Auburn's not hiring a guy best known for allowing his football players to commit mass rape of college women and then trying to cover it up.

After the terrible non-apology he gave, don't expect any team to touch him for a while. 

We are the same team that let Landon Rice go before the case is even completed. 

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, austudnt23 said:

SW is an average qb at best. I am sorry I like the kid it's just a fact. JFIII gives us the best shot to win even with his limited knowledge of the playbook. 

I don't think he is average. I do NOT think he is as good as many people made him out to be. I do believe this system is just not for him. The coaches do not believe in him.

The scouting report on Franklin is that he can't throw but he can absolutely do what SW does. He's also a more explosive runner and Auburn needs the run game to move the chains. I don't see the downside in starting Franklin against LSU.

2 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

He couldn't make simple 10 yard passes to wide open receivers. Are you going to blame Gus for that? The amount of delusion surrounding SW is astounding.

That loss wasn't as much on SW as it was an indictment of CGM's high school offense. SW did all he could do, but when you're not a dual threat QB running a stale predictable offense, you're set up for failure.

Serious question, does Gus know what a route tree is? Do we know what a slant is? Or a post? Or a stop and go? Or a believable play action? Or do we only know screens and outside drag routes?

P.s. no excuse for backup quarterbacks to not know more of the offense than JF3 apparently knows. Kid has a cannon but we were going to march down the firleld down by two scores? 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Gus does not have confidence in Sean. That should've been shown in the offseason. He wants a running threat at QB.

I see that and that's a shame IMO. I've been a JF3 supporter but only b/c i was afraid of this and guess what...this is what we're seeing. Thus, why we might as well play JF3. Give him some 5-10 yard passes and see how it goes. I fully believe Gus is capable of creating an offense around SW but some reason he's failing to do so. I just don't get it. I just don't!

It's the curse of the extension and buy out clause!!!

I don't know what to say about our "offensive coaches " but I am sick and tired of gimmick plays, stupid plays and being able to call the play before it happens.

Defense did it's job. I am off the bus.

War Eagle 

Just now, murpjf88 said:

The scouting report on Franklin is that he can't throw but he can absolutely do what SW does. He's also a more explosive runner and Auburn needs the run game to move the chains. I don't see the downside in starting Franklin against LSU.

I wish his first start could be against an easier defense. Being thrown against the wolves like that is a tough start for anybody.

1 minute ago, austudnt23 said:

SW is an average qb at best. I am sorry I like the kid it's just a fact. JFIII gives us the best shot to win even with his limited knowledge of the playbook. 

As much as I hate to say it then we have little chance of winning against a good team this year.

Just now, auburntiger1987 said:

We really have only ulm and Alabama a and m left as give me games this year.  I hope we can pull some surprises but realistically unless any one of our qb's and coaching get a hell of a lot better, we wont

We do play Vandy... 

This is totally unacceptable.  The offense, the QB NON development, and choosing to go for it on 4-3 , when a FG would have been something... 

Just now, WarEagle1983 said:

I see that and that's a shame IMO. I've been a JF3 supporter but only b/c i was afraid of this and guess what...this is what we're seeing. Thus, why we might as well play JF3. Give him some 5-10 yard passes and see how it goes. I fully believe Gus is capable of creating an offense around SW but some reason he's failing to do so. I just don't get it. I just don't!

I think they are going to go the way of JF3 TBH. They are in desperation mode. The offense stalled big time after the first scripted or so drive.

4 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Completed 2/3 of his passes...his coach played it too conservatively...gotta open it up.

I bet I could go out there and throw one yard passes for a negative 2 yards too.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I don't think he is average. I do NOT think he is as good as many people made him out to be. I do believe this system is just not for him. The coaches do not believe in him.

You are correct this offense is not for SW. I agree and have been saying it all.summer.

3 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Sorry 23 but SW is "average" Bc of his coaching

Make Auburn Great Again:

Pro-style offense utilizing our great young receivers and actual passing routes from short to intermediate. 

-or-

I-Formation with Cox at FB and a rotating backfield between KP AND KJ. 

1 minute ago, War Knight said:

Serious question, does Gus know what a route tree is? Do we know what a slant is? Or a post? Or a stop and go? Or a believable play action? Or do we only know screens and outside drag routes?

P.s. no excuse for backup quarterbacks to not know more of the offense than JF3 apparently knows. Kid has a cannon but we were going to march down the firleld down by two scores? 

Agree regarding JF3. Looks like he is a decent passer. But it is clear that he is behind regarding the offense. I too am asking how is that possible considering we only have like 10 plays. This just gets worse and worse.

Just now, AURaptor said:

We do play Vandy... 

This is totally unacceptable.  The offense, the QB NON development, and choosing to go for it on 4-3 , when a FG would have been something... 

Yes we have candy who's d can shut our nonexistent offense down and save Mason's job if we play this way

1 minute ago, AURaptor said:

We do play Vandy... 

That is no sure win.

Just now, AURandy56 said:

This might rile some, or maybe a lot, of you up, but I'm going to throw out a name for HC possibility:

Lane Kiffen. 

Lane Kiffen sucks as a head coach.  Look at his head coaching record, not impressive by any means.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I think they are going to go the way of JF3 TBH. They are in desperation mode. The offense stalled big time after the first scripted or so drive.

I can't see the negative in trying at least. Gus needs more than what SW can give if he wants to save his job

Archived