Today's Trump WTF moment

AUUSN

A report released last week by the Cato Institute measured the risk to Americans posed by refugees. The report found that an American’s chances of being killed by a refugee in a terrorist attack in any given year are 1 in 3.64 billion. America’s murder rate — at 4.5 per 100,000 capita — is about 163,800 times higher.

As the Washington Post’s Philip Bump points out, adhering to Trump’s analogy, a bowl with three deadly Skittles (refugees) in it would need to contain 10.93 billion Skittles. Bump calculated this to be the equivalent of 1.5 Olympic-size swimming pools full of the candy. This would equate to a bowl of Skittles roughly 246 feet long, 123 feet high, and 9 feet deep.

2 hours ago, Grumps said:

Awesome!

I agree!  But let's be sure and give Eli Bosnick credit for the words (..whoever she is, I copied this from a friend's Facebook post), although she captures my sentiments perfectly.

1 hour ago, quietfan said:

I agree!  But let's be sure and give Eli Bosnick credit for the words (..whoever she is, I copied this from a friend's Facebook post), although she captures my sentiments perfectly.

1 hour ago, quietfan said:

One thing that is important to consider, though, is WHO should be eating the Skittles. Should the government force us to gorge ourselves on Skittles or should it be voluntary?

21 minutes ago, Grumps said:

One thing that is important to consider, though, is WHO should be eating the Skittles. Should the government force us to gorge ourselves on Skittles or should it be voluntary?

Understood.  Of course a logical counter-question is:  Should the government deny us the right to eat Skittles (and to help others) by imposing artificial barriers between us and them?  Should the government take it upon itself to ban/prohibit/quarantine Skittles to all, just because of the fears of some?

In any case, referring back to Eli Bosnick's words, we should all be wanting to 'eat the skittles' and help save others regardless of any slight risk to ourselves...if we are not monsters.

7 minutes ago, quietfan said:

Understood.  Of course a logical counter-question is:  Should the government deny us the right to eat Skittles (and to help others) by imposing artificial barriers between us and them?  Should the government take it upon itself to ban/prohibit/quarantine Skittles to all, just because of the fears of some?

In any case, referring back to Eli Bosnick's words, we should all be wanting to 'eat the skittles' and help save others regardless of any slight risk to ourselves...if we are not monsters.

Agreed. I truly wish that my first instinct was as noble as Eli Bosnick's!

16 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

No better source for information than edited YouTube videos.  I feel better knowing we have such a highly informed electorate.

Highly informed electorate? Simply brilliant. :-\

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4125283132001/watters-world-dumbest-things-edition/?#sp=show-clips

On 9/21/2016 at 6:29 PM, quietfan said:

Cs2Ryb7VMAAO2KT.jpg

Guessing this Eli is christian. Never liked this way of thinking, that other peoples lives should be more important to you than your own life. Claiming that throwing your life away so someone you don't know might live is... noble.

Also, again the "racist" attack is used, how is this racist? I don't think the word means what you think it means.

The whole thing is dumb anyway, they do not correlate at all. The skittle scenario means I almost certainly die. The refugee scenario almost certainly doesn't have me dying.

Archived