Open Letter to Gus Malzahn

abw0004

2 hours ago, autigersj said:

Exactly. I feel like Auburn has done less with more than almost every team in the country. I would like to pull the last 5 recruiting class compared to record. That should be hard evidence of coaching ability. I took about ten minutes and took the last 5 years recruiting compared to W/L. I pulled recruiting ranking from 24/7 FYI.

Win_Loss.png

Maybe, maybe not.

Hard to tell with data presented, UA is certainly competing with us.

yP2Pt5v.png

14 minutes ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Maybe, maybe not.

Hard to tell with data presented, UA is certainly competing with us.

yP2Pt5v.png

OOO this is good stuff. So percentage wise Bama is underachieving due to them having the number 1 class the past five years.  I do think that part the issue is that we also play UA, LSU & UGA each year. This is interesting though. 

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

this sixtyone year old man that loves his tigers beyond being rational i want to say this. if we get beat i am gonna cry like a baby. this sounds like a joke but it is not. i will be so depressed and teary eyed. but i will pull like crazy for our boys............

I gotta ask you, have you cried like a baby after the other 7 (SEVEN) losses we've had to LSU in the last decade?  How 'bout any of the UGA losses?

I am actually of the belief that the "Auburn Family" mantra is overused and inapplicable, and in turn, may be the reason that our athletic teams perpetually are underwhelming. In my opinion, we should view Auburn football the way the team across the state views it, as a money making machine that needs a CEO type at the AD position and a coach that systematically uses his talented players to "plug and chug" into a fine-oiled program. We might have more success.

We can be family, and we can run the family business like a business.

1 minute ago, passthebiscuits said:

I am actually of the belief that the "Auburn Family" mantra is overused and inapplicable, and in turn, may be the reason that our athletic teams perpetually are underwhelming. In my opinion, we should view Auburn football the way the team across the state views it, as a money making machine that needs a CEO type at the AD position and a coach that systematically uses his talented players to "plug and chug" into a fine-oiled program. We might have more success.

Amen!!

wde

2 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

i would like to see the "family" resemble the mafia instead of the brady bunch

I am inured.

“You can choose your friends but you sho' can't choose your family, an' they're still kin to you no matter whether you acknowledge 'em or not, and it makes you look right silly when you don't.”

― Harper LeeTo Kill a Mockingbird

Yawn...we  have more "Open Letters" in the past two seasons than home SEC wins.  We get it, open letter writers, you love AU SOOOOOOOO much more than the rest of us.  Those expecting at least a consistent above average performance from a head coach whose compensation puts him top 15 among his profession in the nation are just simply asking too much.  Auburn Family is synonymous with support for UNIVERSITY (not coaches) in athletics, academics, and how our alumni change the world.  To many who have co-opted the "family" term to dismiss athletics criticisms, the Auburn Family must instead be synonymous for weak, indifferent, and even accepting in the face of obvious incompetence.  Give me a break.

11 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

PTB nails it. AU is acting like a goldfish in a pool of sharks. AU has top players, nice facilities, a loyal fanbase, a great college experience and poor leadership(athletically) from the top down. FB program is closer to UK and Vandy level than LSU and Alabama. 2-10 in last 12 SEC games and people think Gus is being treated unfairly. Incredible.

keesler i often get my heart broke after a loss. especially when we have had time to turn things around and the same ol crap is going on with our football team. why? i am missing your point.

That guy's letter should not be given the time of day.  He is a sidewalk alumni.  Those people are not welcome as fans of AU's football program.  If you didn't graduate from AU, then go away (according to Jay Jacobs).

51 minutes ago, AcUmen said:

That guy's letter should not be given the time of day.  He is a sidewalk alumni.  Those people are not welcome as fans of AU's football program.  If you didn't graduate from AU, then go away (according to Jay Jacobs).

That is harsh to say.  I would agree if the guy was being negative.  But he isn't.  You never know his situation.  Maybe he couldnt afford a big university.  Maybe he is working 80 hours a week to give his kids an education at Auburn.  This is coming from an Auburn graduate who paid out of state tuition to boot.  I will consider anyone who loves Auburn a part of the Auburn family.  Just like I would you and whether or not you went to Auburn, if you were on the side of the road needing help, I would help you if I saw an Auburn emblem.  That is what seperates Auburn from other universities.

10 hours ago, abw0004 said:

That is harsh to say.  I would agree if the guy was being negative.  But he isn't.  You never know his situation.  Maybe he couldnt afford a big university.  Maybe he is working 80 hours a week to give his kids an education at Auburn.  This is coming from an Auburn graduate who paid out of state tuition to boot.  I will consider anyone who loves Auburn a part of the Auburn family.  Just like I would you and whether or not you went to Auburn, if you were on the side of the road needing help, I would help you if I saw an Auburn emblem.  That is what seperates Auburn from other universities.

Pretty sure AcUmen's post was based on Jay Jacob's comments when talking to Finebaum, not AcUmen's own opinion.

wde

On 9/23/2016 at 10:04 AM, keesler said:

My God!

I hate numbers sometimes.

We just aren't even close to being in the same class. We need consistency

On 9/23/2016 at 10:56 AM, auskip07 said:

Using last years numbers (besides the head coach) Auburn paid its staff 2nd in the nation behind LSU by about 100k. 

LSU

AU

UA

UGA

T A&M

Ouch

Archived