NBC refusing to release full Juanita Broaddrick interview

TitanTiger

Michael Isikoff, who was a leading reporter during the Monica Lewinsky scandal, said in a Thursday discussion that NBC should release a 17-year-old tape of an interview that it conducted with Broaddrick. Broaddrick has long claimed that the interview that NBC aired edited out her claim that Hillary Clinton was involved in quashing Broaddrick’s rape claims.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/10/michael_issikoff_says_nbc_is_sitting_on_devastating_tape_of_juanita_broaddrick_.html

I think this is fair game.  If the Clinton camp wants to make the case against Trump on women's issues and how one treats sexual assault claims, then whether she did more than simply stand by her husband is a valid issue to explore.

Well, I say release the whole thing because her claim about Hillary doesn't make sense.  Does she think Bill came home and admitted he raped a woman?  Not sure I buy that.  I buy almost everything about PBC, but Hillary being complicit in a rape is quite a stretch.  I think it's possible she suspected there was an affair going on or that Broaddrick may have been just another one of Bill's women on the side, but that she knew of/was involved in rape?  I just don't buy it.

I'll also add, I would like to see a link from NBC with a statement claiming as such.  A quick google search only brought up infowars and other non-journalistic sources for this claim.

4 minutes ago, channonc said:

Well, I say release the whole thing because her claim about Hillary doesn't make sense.  Does she think Bill came home and admitted he raped a woman?  Not sure I buy that.  I buy almost everything about PBC, but Hillary being complicit in a rape is quite a stretch.  I think it's possible she suspected there was an affair going on or that Broaddrick may have been just another one of Bill's women on the side, but that she knew of/was involved in rape?  I just don't buy it.

I'll also add, I would like to see a link from NBC with a statement claiming as such.  A quick google search only brought up infowars and other non-journalistic sources for this claim.

I agree that it's an allegation, not a proven thing.  But I also don't see any reason for NBC not to release it.  If hot mics and 10-year old conversations are going to be mined for insights, then we should be doing that for both of them.

Just now, TitanTiger said:

I agree that it's an allegation, not a proven thing.  But I also don't see any reason for NBC not to release it.  If hot mics and 10-year old conversations are going to be mined for insights, then we should be doing that for both of them.

I agree, except I'm very skeptical of this being a real issue since I can't seem to find any other source making the claim.  If it's true NBC won't release it, then that's bad, but again, it's a claim that I can't seem to find except on tinfoil hat websites. 

And I think we know Hillary's skeletons, they've been out for public viewing for decades.  She is constantly being vetted. 

Just now, channonc said:

I agree, except I'm very skeptical of this being a real issue since I can't seem to find any other source making the claim.  If it's true NBC won't release it, then that's bad, but again, it's a claim that I can't seem to find except on tinfoil hat websites. 

And I think we know Hillary's skeletons, they've been out for public viewing for decades.  She is constantly being vetted. 

I think we knew Trump was a misogynist and a womanizer.  But I don't think we knew he was also a perpetrator of sexual assault.  It's possible we know a lot of things about Hillary but that we don't know the full depth of some of those things.

Just now, TitanTiger said:

I think we knew Trump was a misogynist and a womanizer.  But I don't think we knew he was also a perpetrator of sexual assault.  It's possible we know a lot of things about Hillary but that we don't know the full depth of some of those things.

It's certainly possible, and I am not arguing for anyone concealing information.

1 minute ago, channonc said:

It's certainly possible, and I am not arguing for anyone concealing information.

And it doesn't affect my vote one way or the other.  I just don't think Hillary should exclusively benefit from the media mining their archives for juicy and damaging tidbits on one candidate while ignoring stuff that might hurt the other.  She owes a big part of her surge the last week or two to this.  If there's stuff out there about her behavior in this realm (sexual assault and harassment), then I just think it needs to be disclosed now.

14 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I find it incredibly ironic and hard to believe these reports.  Granted, they might be true to some extent, but at the same time I don't believe a thing from the HC camp, so it hard to believe the validity of the claims.  If true, did ANY of the women, accusers of DT or BC EVER file police reports??  I'm guessing those were likely squashed and there was no way men of such high profile would be targeted for criminal prosecution, mainly b/c of their deep pockets.  This election cycle is just sickening.

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Shots fired.

14523178_1033631513425802_14633508203859

LOL, across the bow no doubt!

Who are these two?  

Just now, tgr4lfe said:

I find it incredibly ironic and hard to believe these reports.  Granted, they might be true to some extent, but at the same time I don't believe a thing from the HC camp, so it hard to believe the validity of the claims.  If true, did ANY of the women, accusers of DT or BC EVER file police reports??  I'm guessing those were likely squashed and there was no way men of such high profile would be targeted for criminal prosecution, mainly b/c of their deep pockets.  This election cycle is just sickening.

You really find it hard to believe that a man who says he just walks up to beautiful women and starts kissing them, doesn't ask, just kisses them - and who says when you're a star they'll let you do anything you want, even "grab them by the..." - you find it hard to believe reports that he actually did what he said he does?

Oh, I'm sure he's done stuff and likely illegal stuff, just as bad as the Clinton's.  I haven't seen what he's admitted to and frankly had tuned out most of all this BS from both sides.  Its just the timing of this coming out and the how awful this election and candidate choices are.  Basically, having to choose the lesser of two evils, which pointy ears and pitch fork holding idiot do you want running the U.S.  

17 minutes ago, tgr4lfe said:

Oh, I'm sure he's done stuff and likely illegal stuff, just as bad as the Clinton's.  I haven't seen what he's admitted to and frankly had tuned out most of all this BS from both sides.  Its just the timing of this coming out and the how awful this election and candidate choices are.  Basically, having to choose the lesser of two evils, which pointy ears and pitch fork holding idiot do you want running the U.S.  

The timing makes pretty good sense when you consider what has happened.  Complain about the release of the Access Hollywood clip if you like, but I have a hard time believing none of the GOP candidates dug into Trump's background and knew about some of these claims.  They chose not to use it, probably because early on they didn't think they'd need to and he'd self-implode and later because he was now the nominee and they put party loyalty above doing the right thing.  But regardless, it didn't come out until now.  But what is making these women come forward isn't odd - it's Donald's own mouth.  He gave that half-hearted apology in the debate but went further and said he'd never actually followed through on that behavior, that it was "just talk."  Now imagine you're a woman who knows first hand that he has acted exactly as he told Billy Bush - why the hell wouldn't you come forward?

6 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

I think this is fair game.  If the Clinton camp wants to make the case against Trump on women's issues and how one treats sexual assault claims, then whether she did more than simply stand by her husband is a valid issue to explore.

Not to defend Trump's nonsense, but the media has all but sold out for the beast. Unfortunately, the democratic base is so ignorant they simply find these Hilary revelations hard to believe but believe every one against Trump. I can't start to tell you how many times a day I hear the same ignorant party talking point. Ignorance on full display. See it here too. Truly sad. Wake up America!

Queue the dog bark.

7 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Not to defend Trump's nonsense, but the media has all but sold out for the beast. Unfortunately, the democratic base is so ignorant they simply find these Hilary revelations hard to believe but believe every one against Trump. I can't start to tell you how many times a day I hear the same ignorant party talking point. Ignorance on full display. See it here too. Truly sad. Wake up America!

Queue the dog bark.

When Trump brags about it, the rumors are easier to believe obviously. 

As far as the issue, transparency in our government must be like oil and water because there is none.

Archived