3 AU players on ESPN's Midseason All-America Squad

hikerdns

Interesting what a few good wins will do for the recognition of a bunch of players.    

Win a few more games in the next month and we can probably look for another name or two.

Wow. second most of any team. More than we had on the SEC mid season team. LOL. 

http://www.espn.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/122535/jalen-hurts-among-eight-alabama-players-on-midseason-all-sec-team

" He's no longer perfect on field goals, but 13 of 14 is still pretty good, especially when you consider his only miss came from 56 yards out"

... and blocked.

I love that carlson is being given respect! But no lie, that kicker from Arizona State sounds like he might be more deserving. 19/20 with a long of 59 is impressive, he's got carlson on that. Carlson has him on touchback efficiency, and both are perfect for extra points. It's a tough toss-up between the two. Would love to see Carlson belt a 60 yarder to seal the deal, but at the same time, i hope our offense isn't getting stopped at the 43 yard line forcing that kind of kick.

So ESPN put the mid-season all SEC team and gave us 2 players then wrote another story calling it the mid-season All Americans and then gave us 3 players. So Arden Key and Jonathan Allen are better than Montravious Adams when only playing SEC games. Monty is better than both of them when it comes to playing a full schedule of teams not just SEC, that is why he is the All American!!!! I'll take that. 

27 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

So ESPN put the mid-season all SEC team and gave us 2 players then wrote another story calling it the mid-season All Americans and then gave us 3 players. So Arden Key and Jonathan Allen are better than Montravious Adams when only playing SEC games. Monty is better than both of them when it comes to playing a full schedule of teams not just SEC, that is why he is the All American!!!! I'll take that. 

I think it's more that they polled different writers for each story, but I like your version, too.

IMO this just goes to show how flightly the media is. If we were 3-3 we may not have a single person on that list. We've had a lot of press this week but if we lose Saturday it's back to the stone age.

That DL from just the SEC teams is ridiculous. That has to be one of the best ever position groups from one conference.

27 minutes ago, CR said:

That DL from just the SEC teams is ridiculous. That has to be one of the best ever position groups from one conference.

I've heard it said many times that the main advantage of SEC schools over other conferences are the DTs and DEs they recruit from their area. 

15 hours ago, milehighfan said:

Who would have thought Lawson would not be on the team? Just goes to show the job Steele has done. The D is not just a one trick pony.

Lawson is mostly blue collar this year.  He's getting the job done in spades, but not getting the flashy numbers to show for it.  That and Garrett overshadows him.

I, personally, think Marlon should be on the list just because he's out playing most of the DL in the SEC/NCAA as a freaking freshman.

20 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

If Carlton Davis is not an All American, they shouldn't have a team.

Again... hard to make a team when you are a player like him.  His great claim to fame is that no one will throw his direction. You have to really analyze players to give credit to guys like him and Carl, because they aren't getting the numbers.  These lists are compiled mostly by stats.

Just now, lionheartkc said:

Again... hard to make a team when you are a player like him.  His great claim to fame is that no one will throw his direction. You have to really analyze players to give credit to guys like him and Carl.  These lists are compiled mostly by stats.

Yeah, mostly by journalists who know jackshizzke about football. Davis is only the best player on the entire team.

1 hour ago, Eagle-1 said:

If Carlton Davis is not an All American, they shouldn't have a team.

Carlton has two things working against him, he unfortunately had a rough game against clemson, gave up a lot of yards and receptions on those perfect back shoulder fades. Secondly, he's locked everything down since then and now no one throws on him so he's not getting the stats, Re: interceptions that are the marquee number for a DB.

3 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Lawson is mostly blue collar this year.  He's getting the job done in spades, but not getting the flashy numbers to show for it.  That and Garrett overshadows him.

I, personally, think Marlon should be on the list just because he's out playing most of the DL in the SEC/NCAA as a freaking freshman.

Lawson has more sacks than Garrett and only Key has more in the SEC.

13 minutes ago, WDEKC said:

Lawson has more sacks than Garrett and only Key has more in the SEC.

Yea... but Garrett is a highlight reel, so these talking heads at ESPN see him week in and week out. Last week was Lawson's first major highlight worthy sack (not to diminish any sack as they are all good). Lawson is all go and no show, and that's the way we like him.

3 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Again... hard to make a team when you are a player like him.  His great claim to fame is that no one will throw his direction. You have to really analyze players to give credit to guys like him and Carl, because they aren't getting the numbers.  These lists are compiled mostly by stats.

Like Carlos Rogers - once opposing teams realized how good he was, they rarely went at him. But you can bet NFL talent scouts are watching and liking what they see out of Davis!

Archived