2018 4* QB Joey Gatewood (Auburn 12/5/15)

RunInRed

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Nothing makes me chuckle more than outlining our succession plan at QB. 

It's never worked. Not even one single time. Not even close. 

PoshPepperyAlabamamapturtle-max-1mb.gif

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

You need to have a plan in mind ....whether it works is another thing....but no point in getting surprised with no Plan B 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

You need to have a plan in mind ....whether it works is another thing....but no point in getting surprised with no Plan B 

Can't argue with that. I just know that our failure rate at QB is intense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Can't argue with that. I just know that our failure rate at QB is intense.

Failure rate is awful across the sport but we look better now that I've seen in a long time ....but of course, soon as you think you have "depth"...someone gets hurt or transfers. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

ain't that the damn truth. If anyone wants to know why we are the most bi polar football power this is it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

When we talk DT quarterbacks, he looks like the real thing.....and likely AU won't have to push him onto the field before he is ready with JS and MW on the roster .  Baring injuries, the QB situation looks solid for several years now. ...no matter the lure of NFL $$$ 

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

If you just jinxed Stidham to go pro this year I'm gonna metaphorically do this to you...

giphy.gif

Yep and I will do this!

mWRqLnz.gif

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Yep and I will do this!

mWRqLnz.gif

Sure hope this abuse is not necessary....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Joey moved up 106 spots in the final 247 Only rankings of the class. He is now in the top 100 for that site. Surprised they kept him in the Athlete category though.

17 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Joey moved up 106 spots in the final 247 Only rankings of the class. He is now in the top 100 for that site. Surprised they kept him in the Athlete category though.

Image result for gif WTF thank you

27 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Heaven forbid a black quarterback just be a quarterback lol. There's always some weird desire to move their position. Didn't hear anyone saying Johnny Manziel should be a receiver :-\

But I digress, awesome for Gatewood. I still feel he's better than Fields *ducks under cover*

9 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I still feel he's better than Fields *ducks under cover*

I feel he has a good chance to end up better than Fields, but Fields has the edge right now.  Had he been at a school where he was the sole starting QB and got the corresponding coaching, all bets would be off.

Just now, corchjay said:

Everyone else committed is taking big drops especially Asa.  

And Tank Jenkins jumps

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Everyone else committed is taking big drops especially Asa.  

Actually about where they had Asa. Asa has never been in 247's top 247. Coymis moved up too. The rest of the drops were more a function of others moving up than our guys falling on their own newly evaluated merits, except Joiner who most of us thought was overrated some anyway.

I’m excited about his future at AU!

To let you know what kind of QB talent Bartram Trail had & why Joey had to split time at QB, The other QB Riley Smith just committed to Boise St.

• Like 1

Who is the guy he is talking?  Everything I have heard about JG at all-star game was that he was killing it.  People couldn't believe his accuracy and such.  Now this guy gets on here and bashes him as QB.

9 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

Who is the guy he is talking?  Everything I have heard about JG at all-star game was that he was killing it.  People couldn't believe his accuracy and such.  Now this guy gets on here and bashes him as QB.

Kipp was the interviewer. Barton Simmons is the main recruiting analyst for 247 giving his "analysis".

47 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Kipp was the interviewer. Barton Simmons is the main recruiting analyst for 247 giving his "analysis".

Well Barton Simmons SUX!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1