I just heard

milehighfan

I was watching Paul Finebaum and he and Marcus Spears were talking how close LSU was to naming Jimbo Fisher as head coach. According to Spears, they are close. Spears had no info as to when a decision would be made. One thing for certain, it ain't gonna be Orgeron. 

The one thing I've heard is they will pull out everything and I mean everything to get him...................$$$ no object sorta like Mal Moore would not leave until he got Saban out of Miami. I would not bet on Jimbo being at FSU next year at this time. I also would not bet his in LSU next year. 55\45 LSU imo

13 hours ago, alexava said:

Jimbo needs to stay put. He is guaranteed at least 9 wins every year at FSU. 

Was just about to say this. He would be a legend at FSU even if he doesn't win another national title. The number of wins he would rack up there year in and year out would be crazy. And his road to the playoffs is exponentially easier then at LSU. 

Not terribly excited about the idea of a great offensive mind in Baton Rouge though....

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

Not terribly excited about the idea of a great offensive mind in Baton Rouge though....

Yea, but we're running out of teams to hate just because their coaches are a$$ hats. With Urban gone, Mullin digging his own grave and  Beliema rapidly becoming irrelevent, all we'll have left is Saban, and we already hate bama anyway. Fisher and his "Auburn cheated" comment gives us someone else to hate.

15 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Yea, but we're running out of teams to hate just because their coaches are a$$ hats. With Urban gone, Mullin digging his own grave and  Beliema rapidly becoming irrelevent, all we'll have left is Saban, and we already hate bama anyway. Fisher and his "Auburn cheated" comment gives us someone else to hate.

Lol good point. Add another to the list who will be nega-recruiting AU at every opportunity

Unless Fisher has a real craving for SEC status or LSU outbids FSU by a $#**load, I can't see Fisher leaving the catbird's seat he already occupies.  Easier conference means he'll be in payoff talk every year, and if the Jameis Winston scandal(s) didn't get him run out of Tallahassee, nothing will.  He owns that town the way Saban owns Tuscaloosa.

If he comes to the SEC he'll need to put his birg girl panties on and cut down on the whining and crying significantly. 

If he's smart, he'll stay at fsu. Similar talent, much easier schedule. 

Use the $$$ LSU is throwing at him to get himself a BIG raise and new contract extension / bigger buyout from FSU and stay put... That's what I'd think he might do.

On 11/21/2016 at 3:46 PM, milehighfan said:

I was watching Paul Finebaum and he and Marcus Spears were talking how close LSU was to naming Jimbo Fisher as head coach. According to Spears, they are close. Spears had no info as to when a decision would be made. One thing for certain, it ain't gonna be Orgeron. 

Goes to show there is absolutely nothing "for certain" about coaching searches, or Tom Allen would be our DC, and Orgeron wouldn't be at LSU.

I know I am not alone...but boy, I love it when the media is WRONG.  

On 11/22/2016 at 6:14 PM, penguin149 said:

You watch Finebaum?!  :puke:

He could tell me water was wet and I still wouldn't believe it....

Is is OK if I quote myself?  Calling PF "media" is highly insulting to others that call themselves media!

Archived