Auburn vs. uat - game thread

WarTiger

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Michael X said:

Did aliens come down and abduct all knowledge of tackling from the D last night?

They held up as well as they could. Saying the offense did nothing would be overstating it.

8 minutes ago, mikeholiday said:

Gus has underperformed. We don't recruit like bama. But we consistenly get top 10 recruiting classes but don't play like a top 10 team.

I agree that the coaches have underperformed, but don't be fooled by recruiting rankings that use questionable metrics and that are aimed largely at selling subscriptions. We are not close to ua in talent. Maybe in a couple of positions we are close, but not many. Look at players that were top ten at their position in high school, guys that are game changers. watch ua rotate in top ten RBs while we play a FBs and an athletes at RB. Look at QB, WR ( we actually got a coupile of good ones last Feb, finally), OT. We are simply out talented, and that does make a difference.

1 minute ago, AubieAH3 said:

Why did I expect any better?

Play JF3 every snap of this game and we would have been in it. I'm not saying we would have won, but it would have been close.

Sean White OR JF3 takes every snap in the Clemson game, we would have won.

JF3 takes every snap in the Georgia game, we would have won. 

*all of the above assumes the coaches actually let him run the full playbook.

It's just sickening how we have wasted the best AU defense in a decade. 

JF3 cant read the mesh point correctly .  We would not of been in it with him in we have no QB.

Well, the defense did all they could.  Hard to ask the defense to stop the opponent every time when they're on the field almost the whole game.

2 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

I'm officially on boycott. After this game, I will NEVER watch another game Gus coaches. NEVER. If he isnt fired after this pathetic piece of crap then every single person who is over him should be fired as well. Inexcusable on way too many levels. GET LOST GUS!

Calm down. There will be a tomorrow. 

Just now, AUinfusion said:

I agree that the coaches have underperformed, but don't be fooled by recruiting rankings that use questionable metrics and that are aimed largely at selling subscriptions. We are not close to ua in talent. Maybe in a couple of positions we are close, but not many. Look at players that were top ten at their position in high school, guys that are game changers. watch ua rotate in top ten RBs while we play a FBs and an athletes at RB. Look at QB, WR ( we actually got a coupile of good ones last Feb, finally), OT. We are simply out talented, and that does make a difference.

Truth

1 minute ago, sevenlee36 said:

We need a new coach Gus isn't as good as we thought and Kevin Steele isn't going to keep a good D long term

I love what Steele did this year but I'm actually afraid of this and totally agree on Gus

1 minute ago, FoundationEagle said:

I'm officially on boycott. After this game, I will NEVER watch another game Gus coaches. NEVER. If he isnt fired after this pathetic piece of crap then every single person who is over him should be fired as well. Inexcusable on way too many levels. GET LOST GUS!

First of all you will....second what's crazy is you will actually talk down a guy for saying exactly what you say every time we lose. Lastly calm down, you knew what this game was going to be

7 minutes ago, Michael X said:

Did aliens come down and abduct all knowledge of tackling from the D last night?

Sir, what do you expect when the offensive hasn't done anything the whole game. They're gassed. 

Archived