Rhett leaves AU / New OC discussion (Merged)

auburnphan

Jeff Scott at Clemson is someone that I would love to have on this staff. I wouldn't want him calling plays or being the QB coach, but I would be ok if he was passing game coordinator, Co-OC. He's an elite recruiter, very good WR coach, and he'd be a major upgrade to Kodi Burns. 

We badly need an elite recruiter on this staff.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Malzahn must not want an OC who can coach our guys to put up crazy stats game after game. Kendal as OC/QB coach and Eddie Gran as RB coach/Special Teams coach.

44 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

not worried about the play calling more worried about how to combine the two systems into one

I would be a little worried about the play calling after some of the calls we have seen the last couple of years.Have you forgotten the Cox whirlybird?

4 hours ago, aufan57 said:

You can watch all six seasons, full episodes, on YouTube. I watch several episodes each night. 

I also watch Newhart on YouTube. The one where he buys the inn in Vermont. If you search there are quite a few classic shows on YouTube.

Whether they stay up for long is a different story, due to copy rights.

What about The Real McCoy's,  Mister Ed the talking horse, I love Lucy, Gomer Pyle USMC? and the list goes on.. I appreciate your help my fellow fan!

4 hours ago, oracle79 said:

And wasn't this posted 2 or 3 days ago on here that GM was picking the dude up in Atlanta to interview him.  Breaking news...:laugh:

Breaking wind is good news as long as you do not run out of gas!

15 minutes ago, kd4au said:

I would be a little worried about the play calling after some of the calls we have seen the last couple of years.Have you forgotten the Cox whirlybird?

KB would never call that. 

42 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Gus should flat out hire Kendal Briles. But if he doesn't, that tells that Gus won't hire any coach who doesn't have any ties with him.

Wrong. Just wrong. Did Steele have ties to Gus? Most of the coaches we are talking about have no ties to him.

Is anyone truly surprised this OC search is dragging out? I'll grab a PBR, sit back and watch. This thread is more entertaining than our offense at times this season...

3 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Wrong. Just wrong. Did Steele have ties to Gus? Most of the coaches we are talking about have no ties to him.

I am fairly sure that Yurich has no ties to Gus. I feel that we will hire him soon as our 88th OC in the history of Auburn offensive coordinators.

2 minutes ago, doug3020 said:

Is anyone truly surprised this OC search is dragging out? I'll grab a PBR, sit back and watch. This thread is more entertaining than our offense at times this season...

I think whoever Gus will hire, will have to perform the whirlybird technique to perfection.

It's funny what my first thoughts are of Chizik and Gus. Chizik's name alone always makes me think of the uber short shorts our players wore during fall camp. Gus's name immediately makes me think of the whirly bird. I don't think of NC's, heisman winners or huge games. Just instances when they each looked like total morons. 

Here's a YouTube video of Mike Yurcich explaining how and when to run the inside zone read. It's pretty interesting. 

38 minutes ago, doug3020 said:

What time frame do you consider not "dragging out"?

48 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

steele had ties to Auburn though with his brother working in our Athletic Department. It did not totally come out of nowhere.

I got to believe Yurcich recruited Stidham.  OSU is only about 4 hrs from where Stidham played HS ball.  Stidham went deep into state playoffs - he was recruited by everyone.  

Well screw it, let's just scrap the whole coaching staff and rehire Pat Dye as head coach. No one ever complained about his staff...

2 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Well screw it, let's just scrap the whole coaching staff and rehire Pat Dye as head coach. No one ever complained about his staff...

Think we could afford him...................

14 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

We already have one coach from Wyoming that is getting made fun of, do we need another?

Archived