Rhett leaves AU / New OC discussion (Merged)

auburnphan

23 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

Isnt this how bama got their current OC?

beer.jpg

Well played, sir. Well played.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

any way last post if read in whole, if our AD had a pair or was smart we could have Kendall Briles right now by making this statement

But is Briles a better option than some of the more recent names that have arisen?

Just now, lionheartkc said:

But is Briles a better option than some of the more recent names that have arisen?

In my opinion yes, he always has dad to fall back on

10 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

In my opinion yes, he always has dad to fall back on

While that is true, it's not like he can call his dad in the heat of a game to make a split decision call on a play. But don't get me wrong, I won't be disappointed if we end up getting him.

1 minute ago, PigskinPat said:

While that is true, it's not like he can call his dad in the heat of a game to make a split decision call on a play. 

not worried about the play calling more worried about how to combine the two systems into one

Just now, auburnphan said:

not worried about the play calling more worried about how to combine the two systems into one

In which the three would work together

Just now, auburnphan said:

I agree on the systems. I just hope we end up with someone who is dynamic, can exploit our strengths, and develop our players, namely, the QB.

Just now, bigbird said:

In which the three would work together

Exactly, with our D and the potential of that offense, even JJ could get the funding for needed improvements 

Just now, AlaskanFAN said:

Anyone else heard Tennessee going after Yurcich also, mentioned on the radio, a little bit ago?

If we really want him, I don't see how they compete.

2 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

If we really want him, I don't see how they compete.

Jones is in bad shape as well wouldn't be shocked if he's gone after next year

6 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Anyone else heard Tennessee going after Yurcich also, mentioned on the radio, a little bit ago?

I think they are promoting from within. Larry Scott.

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Jones is in bad shape as well wouldn't be shocked if he's gone after next year

Gus is a better coach than Jones, but both have earned the doubts/negative perception they may be under right now. 

wde

IDC who we get as long as that OC takes full advantage of the talent and potential we have at WR.

2 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Maybe the guy that want to replace him with is the guy we should really be going after?

Kind of a scary thought.

The guy we really, really need here is a dime/dozen elsewhere?

(aside - Cheap as I am, I don't buy it.)

Gus did indeed create the mess he is in; let's see if he can hit a post route and score with an OC.  If not, he will lose unnecessarily and this whole process starts anew in Dec.  IF KB is Gus' favorite, JJ needs to trust in the program, culture and Gus - the cook needs to choose his own groceries.  

I think the UT coach is gone next year if they don't win big.  They are very restless, as are we.  If I were him, I would hire outside like we are doing.  Ark I think needs to fill an OC slot...or I thought I read.  We need to make this happen - Big Cat Weekend is here.

35 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Would have, at least, been about 40 pages sooner. 

(sorry, I'm old and impatient, dammit)

4 hours ago, thaitopher said:

Insiders, am I reading too much into things or did Gus already have his guy chosen last week and then JJ nixed his choice and made him choose someone from outside Gus's coaching tree. True or false?

Cold Feet!!!

Gus should flat out hire Kendal Briles. But if he doesn't, that tells that Gus won't hire any coach who doesn't have any ties with him.

Archived