Men vs. LSU - Game Thread

WarTiger

19 minutes ago, jared52 said:

I thought he played really well defensively at Mizzou. He just lost his shooters touch and I am wondering if it's the muscle he added. Of course the whole team looks to have lost their touch so it might just be contagious. 

I hope so.  We need a Scott Pullman  Dead nuts shooter if this team is going to be good 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AUGoo said:

Is Dunans the guy you want taking that three?

Doesn't really matter too much tonight. No one is making them. 

AU leaves 4 points on the floor in the last 2 min on missed layups. Disappointing end to a great run. Good to have the lead but basically left it as a tie game at half momentum wise. 

Going to be an interesting second half!

1 minute ago, jared52 said:

Heron's missed layup/dunk means a 4 point swing. Cannot miss that. 

Even though it was a dunk attempt, it wasn't an easy one. I'd let that one go. He had to stretch to reach that one and was going a little too fast. Just solid positioning by the defender there to push him out a little. 

2 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Heron's missed layup/dunk means a 4 point swing. Cannot miss that. 

That's exactly why we are 1-4 in conference. Just can't make dumb mistakes like that. 

12 minutes ago, tombigbeetiger said:

dunans can be one of the most frustrating players to ever wear an AU jersey at times, and at other times he can be one of the most dynamic players ever to wear the same jersey.....

I think he's our best basketball player.   We just can't control him.

We overcame our first half drought and we are going to need to do the same in the 2nd because Blakeny is going to be more aggressive in the 2nd half IMO. Solid half though

Just now, jared52 said:

Doesn't really matter too much tonight. No one is making them. 

AU leaves 4 points on the floor in the last 2 min on missed layups. Disappointing end to a great run. Good to have the lead but basically left it as a tie game at half momentum wise. 

Going to be an interesting second half!

Wow. 20-6 run and you find the wet blanket. Nice. Maybe give the guys a break?  They had a little hangover from the KY game but didn't have to wait till halftime to make adjustments and went on a very solid run. 

Just now, FoundationEagle said:

Even though it was a dunk attempt, it wasn't an easy one. I'd let that one go. He had to stretch to reach that one and was going a little too fast. Just solid positioning by the defender there to push him out a little. 

He should have just laid it in. But you all the guys have to get on Sportscenter now. 

He needs to know he's not going to be able to dunk that and just get the easy 2. I know it's easy to go for the flashy (did it plenty of times in my career), but that doesn't mean it wasn't a bad decision. Get the points, get back and defend. 

So sick of this streetball junk. We've always played like that, even during the horrible Barbee era. We have too much talent. If we play with the energy we just did we may run away but this will probably be a nail biter unfortunately 

Just now, Piketiger1990 said:

It's easy to tell how much Purifoy means to this team, rebounding and offensively. 

Yep hope his ankle is healing quickly. 

Wow. 20-6 run and you find the wet blanket. Nice. Maybe give the guys a break?  They had a little hangover from the KY game but didn't have to wait till halftime to make adjustments and went on a very solid run. 

Run was great. Didn't change the last 2 min being a rehash of the first 10 min or so. As I said, it's going to be interesting to see how the teams come out in the second half. I expect LSU to continue to crash the boards and drive the ball, AU has to be able to rebound and transition quickly. If they keep the pace fast, AU should be able to win this one. 

3 minutes ago, Piketiger1990 said:

It's easy to tell how much Purifoy means to this team, rebounding and offensively. 

I agree. He wasn't getting into the score book like early in the season, but it's clear he was still a big difference in this team's success before he went down. 

I've noticed we're attaching the zone better lately. That's good but it can be frustrating. I remember one play where Harper drove right through the zone and had a floater but passed it to Dunan's for the three. Not bad but Dunans shouldn't be shooting the three ball unless there's a second left in the shot clock imho

1 minute ago, johnnyAU said:

Got to learn to rebound.

Got to WANT to rebound. Rebounding is an effort thing. Getting into position, blocking your guy out, and relentlessly pursuing the ball. It's why Rodman was so rediculously good at it. He WANTED it more than anything. 

....somehow we end up leading at the half...two poor teams swapping baskets and mistakes....but if you can ignore all the bad plays the second half could be exciting ..probably a fun game for the fans at the game...

1 minute ago, au302 said:

I've noticed we're attaching the zone better lately. That's good but it can be frustrating. I remember one play where Harper drove right through the zone and had a floater but passed it to Dunan's for the three. Not bad but Dunans shouldn't be shooting the three ball unless there's a second left in the shot clock imho

I think that  is the biggest problem is we are always going for threes.   I don't know when we're going to unleash the in the paint game but maybe were saving it for Alabama 

Does anyone else think we always take too long at the end of a half to start the offense. Johnson didn't advance the ball at all until about 7 sec left and dunans was pretty much forced to throw up that prayer.

Archived