Chip Lindsey new OC

RunInRed

Just now, AU80cruiser said:
25 minutes ago, Tiger said:

If I recall correctly (which I may not be doing) our first play against Clemson was a hand off to Truitt who lined up in the backfield. I can't confirm right now but if someone knows for sure feel free to call me out

Im thinking the same without checking.

You are both correct... and it was met with a collective "WTF!?!" from the entire Auburn nation.

7 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

You are both correct... and it was met with a collective "WTF!?!" from the entire Auburn nation.

That echoed across the nation

Hopefully the passing game will no longer be a point of contention for Auburn Football. Malzahn must let Lindsey run the offense or he will be run off after next season.

Rhett Lashlee, Gus Malzahn had one big difference in philosophy

The passing game was a point of contention among the play callers at Auburn, apparently.

Rhett Lashlee does not refer to Gus Malzahn by his first name.

His old high school coach and former boss at Arkansas State and Auburn will always be "coach", but that doesn't mean respect for Auburn's head coach translates into always agreeing with Malzahn.

Lashlee, speaking publicly for the first time since he left Auburn's offensive coordinator job for the same job at UConn in January, went in depth Wednesday about his decision with reporters in Connecticut. Lashlee also revealed the main difference between his philosophy and Malzahn's approach on offense.

"He is a great offensive coach, always has been, always will be," Lashlee said, according to the Hartford Courant. "He is always going to be involved in the offense. Even though we're on the same page in a lot of areas, believe in a lot of the same things, I may have a different personality in the passing game, maybe with the tight ends."

Two passes were thrown to the tight end in 2016 and both resulted in touchdowns, including the final play of the season in a blowout loss to Oklahoma in the Allstate Sugar Bowl.

*** Subscribe to Auburn Undercover: 7-DAY FREE TRIAL OF VIP ACCESS.***

Lashlee took a huge pay cut to leave Auburn and coach at UConn, where he will be paid $350,000 annually. His salary at Auburn was $600,000.

"To the average person, yeah, it's not a common thing," Lashlee said, according to the report. "I think you've got to be comfortable in your own skin to do what you think is best for you and your family at a particular point in time.

"Everything is not about money. Money can't make you happy. If you do this for money, you are doing it for the wrong reasons. I feel really good about the leadership with coach (Randy) Edsall and [athletic director] David Benedict. I believe in those guys.

"I am very grateful to coach Malzahn. He has given me a lot of opportunities. We've had a really good run. But you get to a point in your career where you've kind of gone as far as you can go until you take another step. I knew for me to continue to advance as a coach, develop and grow, I was going to have to leave Auburn. It was time."

14_4703971.jpg
Pro Football Focus releases updated first-round NFL mock draftSTART SLIDESHOW

Auburn replaced Lashlee with Arizona State offensive coordinator Chip Lindsey, who Malzahn said will have full control of the offense and game-day play calls. Lindsey was an analyst at Auburn in 2013 and a longtime high school coach in Georgia and Alabama before a two-year stint at Southern Miss and one year at Arizona State as the offensive coordinator.

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Rhett-Lashlee-Gus-Malzahn-had-one-big-difference-in-philosophy-51329445

40 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

We are not a nation. You know better.  Iconspank.gif

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

We are not a nation. You know better.  Iconspank.gif

"Nation" was used to express the broad scope of its effect. I could have said "Auburn family across the nation", but that seemed a little wordy.

Edited by lionheartkc

3 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

"Nation" was used to express the broad scope of its effect. I could have said "Auburn family across the nation", but that seemed a little wordy.

FWIW I was mostly joking. Just wanted to use that emoji.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ellitor said:

FWIW I was mostly joking. Just wanted to use that emoji.

I gladly accept the abuse on the grounds that an emoji needed an application :)

Can anyone tell me where I can find the whirlybird play in the Clemson game? I was in the water parlor at the time and missed this and few other plays that came after. This will be highly appreciated!

15 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Preach was just having some fun, I think, but I do like your suggestion quite a bit. 

Yes. I was just messing around with some of our more "humorous characteristics" of our offense. 

3 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Yes. I was just messing around with some of our more "humorous characteristics" of our offense. 

Didn't mean to imply otherwise preach.  I know you don't have a malicious spirit.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, aufan57 said:

I might be in the minority, but I would take nation over the State of Auburn any day.

Yeah, that turned out to be a slight miscalculation, huh?

Tubervile even fired Mazzone. That should tell people how bad of a OC/QB coach Mazzone is.

Edited by auburn4ever

16 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Sorta like "The Jungle". Remember that one??

9 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

How about this one.

Image result for sweet home auburn shirt

7 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

Or this one

Image result for auburn fast

Man, this thread is getting depressing. I'm going to have to start visualizing being at the beach or sing songs from The Lion King or something. 

And yet, come August, I'm going to be convinced that we're headed back to Atlanta. SMH. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Man, this thread is getting depressing. I'm going to have to start visualizing being at the beach or sing songs from The Lion King or something. 

And yet, come August, I'm going to be convinced that we're headed back to Atlanta. SMH. 

Circle of Life?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aufan57 said:

Or this one

Image result for auburn fast

I was OK with this when I thought we would actually go fast.

• Like 3