Chip Lindsey new OC

RunInRed

On 2/2/2017 at 2:33 PM, aubaseball said:

No need to wait for fall.  The comparison of the two quarterbacks aren't apples to apples.   JS is apples and SW is oranges.   JS is the starter and everyone else is in play for backup.   Folks AU has the best QB it's had since Cam.   If he doesn't get hurt , you will witness the best QB to play for consecutive years at auburn since Sullivan 

If he is that good, he is eligible to go pro after this year so...

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 11:13 AM, AUsince72 said:

Oh, if I got started on my disdain for MLB we'd be in for a thread derailment of epic proportions!

I happen to love MLB and enjoy a good evening of the game. I just wish they would raise the pitchers mound back to the height it was in the early to mid 60s. Bob Gibson could sling it over 105 mph here and there. There was nothing more fun than to watch Phil Neikro floating his knuckle while making complete fools of sluggers of which messed their swing up for at least 4-5 games. It is not the game it used to be, but it still is fun to watch one here and there.

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 2:47 PM, milehighfan said:

With the QB's, WR"s and RB's he will have to work with, I think his philosophy will be to make every defense defend the entire field the whole game. JMO.

This will be fun to watch unfold as soon as the season gets started in 2017.

27 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I happen to love MLB and enjoy a good evening of the game. I just wish they would raise the pitchers mound back to the height it was in the early to mid 60s. Bob Gibson could sling it over 105 mph here and there. There was nothing more fun than to watch Phil Neikro floating his knuckle while making complete fools of sluggers of which messed their swing up for at least 4-5 games. It is not the game it used to be, but it still is fun to watch one here and there.

Doc, I too was awe struck by Neikro's knuckle ball. Batter's didn't have a chance. Those were fun games to watch.

1 hour ago, doc4aday said:

Oh, my issue isn't the game itself.  I LOVED mlb growing up and have some of my fondest memories going to Fulton County Stadium & Turner Field.  Knucksie, you mentioned, Dale Murphy..channel 17 WTBS & 750 am radio, the Braves had THE best team of announcers anywhere.

I remember going to games where there'd be 1500 people there, they were so bad and you could hear each individual fan.....especially when the Mets were in town, MAN the mouth on those people!!

Saw Nolan Ryan pitch...THAT was a treat!  Deion Sanders was the fastest man from 1st to 3rd that I've ever seen in my life.  I'd SO have loved to see a 100M dash between Deion & Bo.

Even got to see a World Series game in person.  And that brings me to why I hate the mlb (and pro sports in general).  When they actually cancelled the World Series because the millionaires weren't making ENOUGH millions?  They lost me.  My emotional ties simply got cut.  They don't care?  Why should I care... It wasn't even a conscious decision on my part....I just simply felt nothing for the team or game anymore.  It's nothing but a bu$ine$$ to them and there is zero loyalty to city, team, tradition.  Well, those are the things that are supposed to make sports so great.  Or so I thought. Now its *yawn*

Unfortunately, college sports is rapidly getting there too.  I'm just trying to enjoy it while I still can.

Anyway...derailment over, sorry.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Oh, my issue isn't the game itself.  I LOVED mlb growing up and have some of my fondest memories going to Fulton County Stadium & Turner Field.  Knucksie, you mentioned, Dale Murphy..channel 17 WTBS & 750 am radio, the Braves had THE best team of announcers anywhere.

I remember going to games where there'd be 1500 people there, they were so bad and you could hear each individual fan.....especially when the Mets were in town, MAN the mouth on those people!!

Saw Nolan Ryan pitch...THAT was a treat!  Deion Sanders was the fastest man from 1st to 3rd that I've ever seen in my life.  I'd SO have loved to see a 100M dash between Deion & Bo.

Even got to see a World Series game in person.  And that brings me to why I hate the mlb (and pro sports in general).  When they actually cancelled the World Series because the millionaires weren't making ENOUGH millions?  They lost me.  My emotional ties simply got cut.  They don't care?  Why should I care... It wasn't even a conscious decision on my part....I just simply felt nothing for the team or game anymore.  It's nothing but a bu$ine$$ to them and there is zero loyalty to city, team, tradition.  Well, those are the things that are supposed to make sports so great.  Or so I thought. Now its *yawn*

Unfortunately, college sports is rapidly getting there too.  I'm just trying to enjoy it while I still can.

Anyway...derailment over, sorry.

I knew before I made my post that you were probably at one time, an avid MLB fan. The Braves have been my team since way back when and the Red Sox in 2nd place. Never bought into the "Cub thing"  Of all of the teams that comprise MLB, the Cubs are at the bottom of my list. My father was a career Army veteran of 37 years!  He hated the Cubs, and I followed his team.

I think you enjoyed that game as much as I did. I still enjoy pulling up a chair with a bag of butter lovers microwave popcorn and a diet Coke to watch the Braves or the Red Sox here and there. You are right about baseball falling a long way from its days in the sun to where it is now. It is sad that every sport from little league to the Super Bowl have all fallen to.

We live in a very greedy society in our country that gets worse each day. It is sad in that 15 years from now, we will be wishing for the good old days back in the 2000s.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ertrader said:

Just curious, and sorry if it was already asked and answered, but do you expect our new OC like to be in the press box or on the sidelines during games?

A Google image search leads me to believe he coached on the sidelines at ASU.

On 1/21/2017 at 9:31 PM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Lindsey is a whole lot better than Mazzone. One positive. Hope this turns put similar to the Steele hire. 

I didn't know who Lindsey was until this search. If it had been Mazzone, I would have burned all my O&B and bought purple and watched UNA every saturday. He was not bad when he was here but has not wowed anyone since. I don't see how he keeps getting all these jobs. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ertrader said:

Just curious, and sorry if it was already asked and answered, but do you expect our new OC like to be in the press box or on the sidelines during games?

There’s a possibility new offensive coordinator Chip Lindsey could coach from the booth in the fall as well.

Coach Gus Malzahn said it’s up to Lindsey, who has experience coaching from the press box, to decide where he wants to call plays from on game day.

“We’ll talk about that as it gets closer,” Malzahn said. “Whatever he feels comfortable with I’m comfortable with.”

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/sports/college/sec/auburn-university/war-eagle-extra/article132502464.html

1 hour ago, alexava said:

I didn't know who Lindsey was until this search. If it had been Mazzone, I would have burned all my O&B and bought purple and watched UNA every saturday. He was not bad when he was here but has not wowed anyone since. I don't see how he keeps getting all these jobs. 

UNA wow purple power I guess

I could just see CCL come in on day one and ask questions like:

"What if we ran more than one play when we hurry up and snap it fast?"

"What if we diversified our play calling on first down?"

"What if we used different formations with the same personnel to utilize our flexibility as a strength and really, truly catch the defense off guard, instead of changing personnel for every stupid little wrinkle in the offense, thereby telegraphing the play ahead of time?"

"Would it be possible for us to have more than 3 routes for our WRs?"

"Could we not use 5 different QBs one week and just see what happens?"

What would be your favorite CCL question to Gus?

I think our talent level is the reason we won most of our close games; I never thought it was play calling.  Nobody saw that 1st play against Ark coming.  But do we learn from that?  Didn't appear to be the case.   I can't communicate how excited I am about this season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

"What if we used different formations with the same personnel to utilize our flexibility as a strength and really, truly catch the defense off guard, instead of changing personnel for every stupid little wrinkle in the offense, thereby telegraphing the play ahead of time?"

And Gus immediately responds with "You're fired."

just jokes, people

But a question I hope is asked is "why do you always run the orbit motion play action on 3rd and 15 when nobody in the entire county thinks you will run the ball? What if we had more than one play to attack the middle of the field deep?" lol slight exaggeration but you get my point

Edited by Tiger
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

If I were the new OC, this is what I would ask and I would hope Chip would ask...

"What are our 3 biggest weaknesses on offense?" 

I wouldn't recommend asking any of the passive-aggressive questions above of one's boss.

4 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

"Can I borrow the keys?"

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

If I were the new OC, this is what I would ask and I would hope Chip would ask...

"What are our 3 biggest weaknesses on offense?" 

I wouldn't recommend asking any of the passive-aggressive questions above of one's boss.

Preach was just having some fun, I think, but I do like your suggestion quite a bit. 

• Like 1

Beaker, no offense but the first play we ran against arkansas was the same speed sweep we ran in the first series of downs to a different wide receiver against clemson.

1 hour ago, auol72 said:

Beaker, no offense but the first play we ran against arkansas was the same speed sweep we ran in the first series of downs to a different wide receiver against clemson.

If I recall correctly (which I may not be doing) our first play against Clemson was a hand off to Truitt who lined up in the backfield. I can't confirm right now but if someone knows for sure feel free to call me out

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tiger said:

If I recall correctly (which I may not be doing) our first play against Clemson was a hand off to Truitt who lined up in the backfield. I can't confirm right now but if someone knows for sure feel free to call me out

Im thinking the same without checking.