Chip Lindsey new OC

RunInRed

34 minutes ago, auskull said:

It is what it is! The results will tell at the end of the day. I run hot and cold on CGM. I, like so many of us just want to see a good product on the field. I can like whomever as long as Auburn is competitive and wins consistently. What an embarrassing start of the year and end of the year.  If Lindsey wins, then he is the man, if not, I hope we don't linger along before finding someone who has been there and done that. I think we are close, if CGM can last long enough to master being a HC.

I agree with this. I really want Gus to succeed but sometimes just shake my head(Clemson)! I, for one, don't want to start over again. For Auburn's sake I hope Gus can do it and we are sitting here in 5 years saying this is what we thought Gus could do as a head coach! War Eagle!

Wow!  I need to pick the games I will travel to (I live in TX) and wash some socks!!  

We have a new OC and the best RB in the SEC and prob one of the top QBs in the nation.  Our tendencies will be changed or fixed as a minimum.  We have some crazy talented WRs and I love our OL.  We will crush many opponents and surely UGA.  It's a great day to be an Auburn Man or Woman.

WAR DAMN EAGLE!    All Family, All In!   

"BEAT EVERYONE"

46 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Wow!  I need to pick the games I will travel to (I live in TX) and wash some socks!!  

Where in Texas?

7 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Has there been any news if coach Lindsey will bring any coaches with him? maybe a new WR coach or Tight End coach?

Based on the stuff I read yesterday the staff will stay as is. So he is not bringing anyone.

12 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Has there been any news if coach Lindsey will bring any coaches with him? maybe a new WR coach or Tight End coach?

water boy

• Like 2

20 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

haha I am the exact opposite. I love watching great qbs go to work. There is nothing better to me. The run game is just not exciting. But hey your old school I am new school.

I loved the days of Bradshaw, Montana, Young, A. Manning, even the "Snake" and that group of QBs from decades ago. I will say that I love to see a RB bust it up the middle for a 30 yard gain any weekend of the football season. My idea of balance is 55/45 either way. It is rare to see a team have an exact 50/50 balance. When you start getting a 65/35 ratio, you better be darn good at your highest and solid at your lower end of the ratio. It will be fun to see us establish a solid passing game, and then hit the opposition with a howitzer with bulldozers and speed demons like Bubba as the dozer and KJ as the speed demon. I did enjoy seeing E. Stove getting into the run game. He is lightening fast for sure. JFIII is a talent that we need to better utilize.

I see CCL as a tactician who can utilize his talent at hand and make defenses play on their heels all game. 2017 is looking like something that we will enjoy each and every game.

2 hours ago, Beaker said:

We have a new OC and the best RB in the SEC and prob one of the top QBs in the nation.  Our tendencies will be changed or fixed as a minimum.  We have some crazy talented WRs and I love our OL.  We will crush many opponents and surely UGA.  It's a great day to be an Auburn Man or Woman.

WAR DAMN EAGLE!    All Family, All In!   

"BEAT EVERYONE"

Exactly. What's not to like? O-line? Sophomore wide recievers? Stidham? Pettway? And the assumption that mismanagement such as Clemson and UGA will never happen again? OC doesn't have to be great. Any QB development and competent play calling/planning will be a tremendous upgrade on face value alone. Wonder if there'll be some buzz about Auburn late this summer (knock on wood) lol

I haven't seen a thread get this personal and hateful since...ever.  You'd think we hired Bobby Petrino or something. I hope Chip works out. I have hope, but I'll reserve judgement til December.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Yesterday I was upset with this hire. I didn't like the fact that we hired someone who had already worked for Gus. I made a few comments immediately following the hire (knee jerk reaction to disappointment.) And then I left all things Auburn yesterday, and started looking how the national media and my local media reacted to the hire. Especially since I live in Pac12 land. 

Now my opinion on this hire has changed. 

I don't know that Lindsey will excel at Auburn, but of the people mentioned, there are only a couple others who I preferred more. But there could of been worse hires. 

The guy from NC State would of been a terrible hire. Helfrich also would of been a terrible hire. I didn't like the idea of a former Auburn OC returning, and I certainly didn't like the idea of our former RB coach either. 

So while isn't the hire I wanted, it's apparently the one Gus wanted all along. I had been saying we shouldn't hamstring our coach with the OC hire. We got who Gus wanted. 

Is it a good hire? Absolutely. Is it the wow hire many of us were looking for? No, but it certainly is better than some would of been. One thing is for certain, this hire will make or break Gus. I for one, hope it makes him. I hope he has learned and is actually handing over the reigns. We will see... 

Guys,  we are stacked. We have the QB we need and an excellent backup now (whichever one wins the job.) We have a NFL RB, and the group of pure talent WRs. All we need is to revamp the offense, not start a new. 

We have everything we need next season. We have a real shot at a 10+ win season. 

Absolutely. I don't want to hear any excuses next year. We have way too much  talent. The coaching staff is set. The players are very capable. There is no freaking reason the iron bowl shouldn't determine the Sec champion next year. I don't want to see us trying to figure out an identity in the first four games. I want guns a blazing starting out the season. I want us to live up to the preseason hype we will receive. I want us to get it done. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 8

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

Where in Texas?

Also reside in Tx(Houston) I'm surprised at how many Auburn fans live in the state.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, bigbird said:

Where in Texas?

Denton...son is a student there, so makes it kinda special.  

after reading some of the posts in this thread i believe we have some folks more interested in sitting on an ice cream cone and telling you what flavor it is and just pretend it is about football...........

• Like 1

On 1/21/2017 at 4:52 PM, DAG said:

Looks like Chip likes to throw a bunch on 1st down. We will see if this is truly his offense as that seems to be a staple. After watching some film, no doubt, he has definitely been influenced by CGM. 

From what I've read about him, his philosophy is a combination between Gus's system and an Air Raid... which is ironically exactly what I was hoping we'd have. It was apparently very successful at Southern Miss.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

From what I've read about him, his philosophy is a combination between Gus's system and an Air Raid... which is ironically exactly what I was hoping we'd have. It was apparently very successful at Southern Miss.

This is indeed great news!  I am excited and will go find that footage from ASU someone mentioned.  

"Beat Everybody"

51 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Les hope this new bunch of Auburn WR's are ready for action! 

29 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

What does Les have to do with this?

I figured it was said in their best "Mongo" voice.  You know.... "Mongo like candy".

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DAG said:

Absolutely. I don't want to hear any excuses next year. We have way too much  talent. The coaching staff is set. The players are very capable. There is no freaking reason the iron bowl shouldn't determine the Sec champion next year. I don't want to see us trying to figure out an identity in the first four games. I want guns a blazing starting out the season. I want us to live up to the preseason hype we will receive. I want us to get it done. 

:bow:

The excuses and rationalizations are over for AU football & CGM.

16 hours ago, DAG said:

The only variable that isn't locked in at this point is strength and conditioning.  If we end next season with 12 out of the 1st and 2nd team either unable to play or playing at well under 100% then someone is going to have some explaining to do.

• Like 1

I need a Spavital after reading through all the bickering in this thread

Edited by Tiger
  • Like 3