Trump paused a call with Putin to make an aide explain a nuclear arms treaty

homersapien

6 hours ago, Bigbens42 said:

Won't link it for length and language, but did you see John Oliver's monologue last night?

Absolutely. Glad he's back.

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Contrary to popular belief no President knows everything in a complicated document be it a treaty or any other government type document. All Presidents have people who are SME's Subject Matter Experts) on different topics. I would be more upset if a President didn't pause and get clarification on something like this. We are getting so many unnamed sources making claims that aren't able to be validated that whether Trump was just trying to get verification on a point or really had no idea what was going on we will never know. You can only cry the wolf is coming so many times before people stop listening then when the wolf comes in your door it will be to late.

When Obama was President I knew I could go to the Political forum and see 3 or 4 new posts every day on how bad he was from a couple of posters. Now that Trump is President I know I can see the same thing from a couple of different posters. The ones who continuously do it on each side start to lose credibility.

You are talking about a president who didn't know what the nuclear triad was.  That's public information.

And really, comparing Obama to Trump?  

That's exactly what Titan was referring to in a different thread about "normalizing" him.  There is no equivalence.  Narcissistic psychopathy does not equal being a black liberal.

15 hours ago, homersapien said:

You are talking about a president who didn't know what the nuclear triad was.  That's public information.

And really, comparing Obama to Trump?  

That's exactly what Titan was referring to in a different thread about "normalizing" him.  There is no equivalence.  Narcissistic psychopathy does not equal being a black liberal.

When you do the exact same thing to Trump because you don't like him that others did to Obama that you complained about and then try to phrase it as if you are right and all other opinions are wrong you are being hypocritical. What is sad is you are so blinded in your hate of Trump as others were with Obama  that you can't see that you are doing the same thing. This will be my last comment on this subject as I have stated my case twice and to repeat it is just wasting my time and others time having to read it again.

7 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

When you do the exact same thing to Trump because you don't like him that others did to Obama that you complained about and then try to phrase it as if you are right and all other opinions are wrong you are being hypocritical. What is sad is you are so blinded in your hate of Trump as others were with Obama  that you can't see that you are doing the same thing. This will be my last comment on this subject as I have stated my case twice and to repeat it is just wasting my time and others time having to read it again.

No that's not correct.  Criticizing Trump for very good reasons does not equal criticizing Obama for supposedly thinking he literally owns the white house (for example).

Obama made his mistakes but he didn't subject the country to a constant stream of outrageous statements in his first month of office nor did he demonstrate the shear incompetence that Trump has.  And he damn well knew what the nuclear triad was.

The fact you would make a straight up comparison between the two perfectly illustrates how Trump has managed to shift the limits of outrage.

And I don't hate Trump.  I fear him and I fear for the country.  He represents the worst existential threat since the civil war.

On February 13, 2017 at 3:55 PM, AUUSN said:

Absolutely. Glad he's back.

"Catheter Cowboy explains the nuclear triad" is my new favorite thing. 

Archived