Jake Tapper Nails White House Barring Of Media With 1 Perfect Word

homersapien

3 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

I did.

You and Elle both claimed the Obama administration never excluded or banned FOX. Regardless of whether it was that particular incident, which the details at the time weren't fully explained until later, the white house acknowledged that they've excluded FOX from newsmaking interviews.

It's still moving the goalposts to act like Obama never did it or tried to do it.

No reasonable person equates the two. I bet Chip Reid doesn't think they're the same.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

No reasonable person equates the two. I bet Chip Reid doesn't think they're the same.

Really?

The mainstream media complain now anytime the white house excludes them from anything, it doesn't matter if it's press briefings, interviews, etc..... They whine if they get excluded period............

21 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Really?

The mainstream media complain now anytime the white house excludes them from anything, it doesn't matter if it's press briefings, interviews, etc..... They whine if they get excluded period............

Keep fooling yourself if that's what you need to do.

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

IF Obama did what Trump did I'd be appalled. But being a reasonably objective person of at least average intelligence who isn't easily taken in by con men, I know they didn't.

He tried. A person of average intelligence could easily identify intent. Unless of course they were swayed by partisan news coverage in which case they still would have been duped only unable to realize the offense due to political bias. 

16 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

He tried. A person of average intelligence could easily identify intent. Unless of course they were swayed by partisan news coverage in which case they still would have been duped only unable to realize the offense due to political bias. 

You're a cultist. I understand.

58 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Keep fooling yourself if that's what you need to do.

I'm fooling myself to think the media complain when Trump's white house excludes them? I'm fooling myself to see the similarities between how Obama treated FOX and how Trump treats others in the mainstream media? 

You deflect Obama's white house actions because you don't think there's similarities. You claim you're " a reasonably objective person". But I'm fooling myself..........  :rolleyes: 

13 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

I'm fooling myself to think the media complain when Trump's white house excludes them? I'm fooling myself to see the similarities between how Obama treated FOX and how Trump treats others in the mainstream media? 

You deflect Obama's white house actions because you don't think there's similarities. You claim you're " a reasonably objective person". But I'm fooling myself..........  :rolleyes: 

The similarities are very slight. That should be painfully obvious.

Article on the subject of the former presidents' practice of inviting only friendly outlets to private briegings...from Jan 2016...my favorite line from that right wing Rag the New York Times.. "liberal leaning columnists from newspapers tend to dominate Mr Obama's secret sessions"....

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/04/us/politics/calculated-candor-inside-obamas-off-the-record-briefings.html?smid=tw-share&_r=0

A more complete listing of Obama's practices in the attached..it would seem that over the course of his 8 years; Obama held extensive sessions with his favorites; but on at least 5 occasions also invited some members of the more conservative press....it should be noted that Spicer included NBC, CSB, ABC and Fox in the briefing that is getting so much attention...he also included "new" media outlets and conservative outlets...hhhmmm, he included a broad spectrum of editorial opinions....

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2017/02/24/fake-news-media-outrage-white-house-exclusion/

It would seem that the Trump admin is not playing favorites to the old liberal rags like his predecessors and is acknowledging that there exists more than one set of opinions from the press...I know that just pisses you guys off...however, I think you should get used to CNN being excluded from things...and I don't blame him one bit...any outlet that openly colluded with one party in the election has no right to claim a press pass....there a PR firm for the democrat party.  

4 hours ago, japantiger said:

Article on the subject of the former presidents' practice of inviting only friendly outlets to private briegings...from Jan 2016...my favorite line from that right wing Rag the New York Times.. "liberal leaning columnists from newspapers tend to dominate Mr Obama's secret sessions"....

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/04/us/politics/calculated-candor-inside-obamas-off-the-record-briefings.html?smid=tw-share&_r=0

A more complete listing of Obama's practices in the attached..it would seem that over the course of his 8 years; Obama held extensive sessions with his favorites; but on at least 5 occasions also invited some members of the more conservative press....it should be noted that Spicer included NBC, CSB, ABC and Fox in the briefing that is getting so much attention...he also included "new" media outlets and conservative outlets...hhhmmm, he included a broad spectrum of editorial opinions....

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2017/02/24/fake-news-media-outrage-white-house-exclusion/

It would seem that the Trump admin is not playing favorites to the old liberal rags like his predecessors and is acknowledging that there exists more than one set of opinions from the press...I know that just pisses you guys off...however, I think you should get used to CNN being excluded from things...and I don't blame him one bit...any outlet that openly colluded with one party in the election has no right to claim a press pass....there a PR firm for the democrat party.  

Every politician will sometimes do background briefings with certain reporters they have more trust in. That's not what Trump is doing.

11 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

I don't recall Obama barring Fox from attending any press functions.

16 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I don't recall Obama barring Fox from attending any press functions.

Why would you ? :gofig:

It’s come to this: White House tries to bar Fox News from interviewing pay czar

POSTED AT 7:35 PM ON OCTOBER 22, 2009

Decide for yourself what the most disgraceful aspect of this is. Was it the fact that Gibbs told Jake Tapper explicitly on Monday that the White House wouldn’t try to dictate to the press pool who should and shouldn’t be included — before doing precisely that? Was it Anita Dunn going out of her way to say she respects Major Garrett as a fair reporter — before the administration decided he didn’t deserve a crack here at Feinberg? Or was it the repeated insistence by Dunn and Axelrod that of course the administration will make its officials available to Fox — before pulling the plug today?

The other networks deserve the praise they’re getting for standing up to the Baby-in-Chief, but if they had acquiesced in this freezeout, a precedent would have been set that would have been eagerly used by future Republican presidents to close them off too. And don’t think they weren’t all keenly aware of it.

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/10/22/its-come-to-this-white-house-tries-to-bar-fox-news-from-interviewing-pay-czar/

Just now, homersapien said:

Hot Air?

Fake news

Coward. 

It happened. Seriously, grow up old man.  

And in case you hadn't noticed, the Trump administration has been making cabinent level officials unavailable to the Sunday morning press shows for the last couple of weeks.

This is not the same as excluding specific agencies from a news pool.

2 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

Coward. 

It happened. Seriously, grow up old man.  

No it didn't. There is nothing in there about Obama excluding Fox from anything.  
It's the equivalent of Trump offering up Kellyanne for a Sunday morning show and no one else.

Stop lying.

9 minutes ago, homersapien said:

No it didn't. There is nothing in there about Obama excluding Fox from anything.  
It's the equivalent of Trump offering up Kellyanne for a Sunday morning show and no one else.

Stop lying.

You're suffering dementia 

5 minutes ago, homersapien said:

You are a lying weasel.

http://www.mediaite.com/columnists/foxs-white-house-bans-fox-news-story-completely-unravels/

Seriously homer, you've shown yourself to be nothing but an insufferable moron for the Left, ignoring any and every thing which doesn't fit your childish world view. 

3 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Every politician will sometimes do background briefings with certain reporters they have more trust in. That's not what Trump is doing.

Please elaborate?  Everyone goes to open briefings....some selected for private briefings....but yeah, that's not what Trump is doing....you guys aren't even trying anymore...in the words of Big Jim Folsom "it's just a different bunch a'doin' it"....you're just pissed off because you lost your monopoly....get used to it...what was it a former president said....Hhhmmm. oh yeah, elections have consequences....:beer2:

14 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

You're a cultist. I understand.

More like a realist who exposes cultist like you Tex. 

1 hour ago, japantiger said:

Please elaborate?  Everyone goes to open briefings....some selected for private briefings....but yeah, that's not what Trump is doing....you guys aren't even trying anymore...in the words of Big Jim Folsom "it's just a different bunch a'doin' it"....you're just pissed off because you lost your monopoly....get used to it...what was it a former president said....Hhhmmm. oh yeah, elections have consequences....:beer2:

You just ramble incoherently.

The point is that Trump barred media outlets from a press briefing. Those news outlets are all reporting on the Russian involvement in our elections. I'm sure this was Bannon's decision. Trump thrives on media attention and spends more time talking about media than any other topic, besides himself. 

5 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

The point is that Trump barred media outlets from a press briefing. Those news outlets are all reporting on the Russian involvement in our elections. I'm sure this was Bannon's decision. Trump thrives on media attention and spends more time talking about media than any other topic, besides himself. 

I think the Trump administration is intentionally distracting the media. From what? That is the question!

Archived