Softball vs. Yale - Game Thread

WarTiger

Fagan sends one DEEP to right and its GONE.   2 run homer for Haley Fagan.  Auburn extends their lead to 9-0.   Veach, Shea and Rivera due up.

Gipson sends one to center and its over the head of the center fielder and to the wall.  Gipson rounds 1st and stands up at 2nd.   Greenwood pinch  hitting for Rivera.

Swindle gets a strikeout swinging and that's the ball game.  Auburn wins 9-0 over Yale.   Martin and Swindle combine for a 5 inning  no-hitter.    Game 2 vs. James Madison coming up in 30-40 minutes.

Agree with that last sentiment.  JM is ranked (14, I think) and strong opposition.  Looking at the box score, I think Yale had only one baserunner.  Martin had a HBP.  No hits, no walks, no errors.  Glad to see Perry get those RBIs.  Also happy to see Crocker able to play again.  

23 hours ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Agree with that last sentiment.  JM is ranked (14, I think) and strong opposition.  Looking at the box score, I think Yale had only one baserunner.  Martin had a HBP.  No hits, no walks, no errors.  Glad to see Perry get those RBIs.  Also happy to see Crocker able to play again.  

Auburn had three errors in the Yale game.  1 each by Fagan, Veach and Abbott. Yale left 4 on base.

Thanks for the correction.  I found that yesterday after you or some other poster mentioned it.  Guess I misread the box score the first time.  We've looked sharp in the field for the most part.  I think we're ahead of last year's pace on DPs.

Archived