2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

I'm still not ready to concede. With Matt Corral pledging to the shark humper yesterday, that's one less team to worry about.

And given that Fields doesn't publically play the game with the recruiting analysts, no one seems to be 100% sure of his intentions.

I will say this as an Auburn fan, Malik Willis' surprising rise up the depth chart and his rapid development along with Joey Gatewood in '18 and Bo Nix in '19 as another poster pointed out, our future at the position still looks so bright I have to wear ?.

That said, I still want JF!!! All the very best quarterback recruits are being to the A-U...or UGA...or FSU ?.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

Lots and lots and lots of CBs for FSU. I'm sticking with 23's gut, though...AU.

So everythang NOT Gucci???

7 minutes ago, gctiger said:

So everythang NOT Gucci???

At this point it would probably be better for us if he doesn't commit soon so we get a chance to show him what our offense could look like with him in it next year. 

24 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

Would love to hear 23's thoughts at this point...everyone elelse seems to th8nk the sky is falling. 

Lol at anyone worried about Wolk pick. However I am attempting to gain info atm. I will post asap.

Before I get any info today I will say I was told in late May early June that JF will sign with AU. I was told that other teams will be very confident etc. I was under impression we are very confident when was told all of this. FSU was the only team thought to he a chance at that time. All teams are confident like I was told and it does worry me a little UF insiders saying FSU. DC is doing us no favors and will trash us his school to get JF. I will say if he commits to someone else before season we  will get him with a good season no matter what. I am going to trust what I was told until told otherwise. I will be attemping to get new info today amd post asap.

10 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Before I get any info today I will say I was told in late May early June that JF will sign with AU. I was told that other teams will be very confident etc. I was under impression we are very confident when was told all of this. FSU was the only team thought to he a chance at that time. All teams are confident like I was told and it does worry me a little UF insiders saying FSU. DC is doing us no favors and will trash us his school to get JF. I will say if he commits to someone else before season we  will get him with a good season no matter what. I am going to trust what I was told until told otherwise. I will be attemping to get new info today amd post asap.

We lit? We not lit? Who knows?.....

22 minutes ago, fredst said:

We lit? We not lit? Who knows?.....

I am saying we are lit and still good until I hear otherwise. Haven't heard anything on him since returning from UF. However was told before he went we would rather he not go to bama and he didnt. I was told with extreme confidence last week after UGA visit he is ours. Did something change I don't know yet. However with how confident the info has been on him given to me that he will sign with AU given that we have a good season etc. I will stick with what I have been saying. I got the impression they knew more than they were telling me with how confident the info has been on him coming to AU. I am trying my best to get in touch with a few people as soon as I do I will post. 

Just now, austudnt23 said:

I am saying we are lit and still good until I hear otherwise. Haven't heard anything on him since returning from UF. However was told before he went we would rather he not go to bama and he didnt. I was told with extreme confidence last week after UGA visit he is ours. Did something change I don't know yet. However with how confident the info has been on him given to me that he will sign with AU given that we have a good season etc. I will stick with what I have been saying. I got the impression they knew more than they were telling me before with how confident they were. I am trying my best to get in touch with a few people as soon as I do I will post. 

I trust you 23. Just being a smarta**. Really want to get Fields but I'm not losing sleep over it, particularly in July. WDE.

1 hour ago, austudnt23 said:

You still are very trusted . No need to explain yourself . Thanks for all the info 

49 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

I am saying we are lit and still good until I hear otherwise. Haven't heard anything on him since returning from UF. However was told before he went we would rather he not go to bama and he didnt. I was told with extreme confidence last week after UGA visit he is ours. Did something change I don't know yet. However with how confident the info has been on him given to me that he will sign with AU given that we have a good season etc. I will stick with what I have been saying. I got the impression they knew more than they were telling me with how confident the info has been on him coming to AU. I am trying my best to get in touch with a few people as soon as I do I will post. 

Don't do this enough to you, @WarDamnEagleWDE and @ellitor but thank you for your info

2 hours ago, TigerWar said:

I'm still not ready to concede. With Matt Corral pledging to the shark humper yesterday, that's one less team to worry about.

And given that Fields doesn't publically play the game with the recruiting analysts, no one seems to be 100% sure of his intentions.

I will say this as an Auburn fan, Malik Willis' surprising rise up the depth chart and his rapid development along with Joey Gatewood in '18 and Bo Nix in '19 as another poster pointed out, our future at the position still looks so bright I have to wear ?.

That said, I still want JF!!! All the very best quarterback recruits are being to the A-U...or UGA...or FSU ?.

And we still have Brevin White(I hope) as a backup plan, if we don't get JF.

1 hour ago, austudnt23 said:

Before I get any info today I will say I was told in late May early June that JF will sign with AU. I was told that other teams will be very confident etc. I was under impression we are very confident when was told all of this. FSU was the only team thought to he a chance at that time. All teams are confident like I was told and it does worry me a little UF insiders saying FSU. ......

I don't doubt that you were given this info in good faith and those that relayed the info to you believed it to be true. However, no-one, not even the kid himself, knows what an 18 year-old might do tomorrow, let alone in a few months. I don't think anybody with a bit of sense thinks any recruiting information is 100% set in stone, recruiting simply doesn't work that way. We appreciate you giving us "the best informtion available at the time."

Quote:"DC is doing us no favors and will trash us his school to get JF."

No doubt about that. He was trashing us when he was at FSU before and that's why I didn't like hiring him to come back here. I never bought into the "He was just doing his job" stuff. There's doing your job and then there's being a snake in the grass. Craig is a snake.

45 minutes ago, au75 said:

If JF is out does AUBURN try and sign another QB besides JG?

Yes

45 minutes ago, au75 said:

If JF is out does AUBURN try and sign another QB besides JG?

Yes.

When JF visits Auburn again all crystal balls will be for Auburn.  I don't think this is any fault of JF, I think he is just enjoying the recruiting process and has a great time everywhere he goes. JMO TIFWIW 

Would Justin Fields not be worried about competition with Francois at FSU? This is just a guess, but I feel like Fields would be redshirted at FSU. At Auburn, I feel like he wouldn't. Anyone know anything about what coaches from either teams are saying to him?

3 minutes ago, AU Is Gold said:

Anyone know anything about what coaches from either teams are saying to him?

"Don't go to Auburn"

Archived