2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

29 minutes ago, Elephant Tipper said:

Why isn't more said about UGA's O scheme using pro-style instead of dual-threats ?  All but one on their roster is pro and the ones they're recruiting are pro, except JF.  I've been told that Kirby has even told JF that UGA will become more of a mobile-qb O in order to get him on board. 

He did tell him that but it is a load of BS. They have recruited all pro style and have 2 top 5 pro style qb on roster. Like I said JF would flourish anywhere but he would be unstoppable in a system more friendly to dual threat qbs. FSU isn't exactly a system that a qb uses his legs as a weapon either. He will see this year how our system is easily the best fit. We have abviously told him our plans for him but the other teams especially DC and FSU have told him different stories about our offense. DC I was a big fan of until this recruitment of JF. He has used negative recruiting against us before but it is different this time and mainly personnal. I mean he is not even an on field coach atm and he is basically at the forefront of this recruitment why do you think that is. I know he is a great recruiter but What does that tell you what we already know that FSU feels we lead. They do believe they have evened it out now etc. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

Still feel confident we get JF.  FSU has made a push though led by Jimbo and their ability and success they have had developing qbs mainly his.  Also led by DC trashing Gus and Auburn.  Have heard DC has even stooped as low as trashing more than just our current coaching staff.  However they didn't get him to pull the trigger while they had him and his dad basically believing everything they were throwing at them.  The qb development abilities of Jimbo are unquestionable however we have to start hitting back and like E said Gus doesn't like negative recruiting.  We are being hit by bot sides UGA and FSU and not hitting back.  Bama would have joined in but JF didn't visit.  Gus can obviously run a very good offense with a good qb.  Can he develop one we don't know but I know CHip can and is very good with qbs. 

This is exactly what I've been advocating. We don't have to go out and bad mouth every school out there... just defend ourselves! Kirby Smart has proven jack squat as a head coach. And Jimbo's QB's have done nothing in the NFL with the exception of Winston. And Gus can easily counter with Cam's success to refute that argument. Like 23 said, Fields fits our offense way better than FSU's. And we definitely need to figure out a way to shut Dameyune Craig up. I don't care if it involves threatening to remove his name from the record books at Auburn. Shut that guy up!

9 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

This is exactly what I've been advocating. We don't have to go out and bad mouth every school out there... just defend ourselves! Kirby Smart has proven jack squat as a head coach. And Jimbo's QB's have done nothing in the NFL with the exception of Winston. And Gus can easily counter with Cam's success to refute that argument. Like 23 said, Fields fits our offense way better than FSU's. And we definitely need to figure out a way to shut Dameyune Craig up. I don't care if it involves threatening to remove his name from the record books at Auburn. Shut that guy up!

I agree DC needs to be put in his place and let his issues with our current coach go. He is doing more than trashing the staff though which pisses me off a good bit. DC is being used by FSU to trash Auburn and he has "credibility" in people's eyes from the fact that he played and coached here under our current coach. It is a classless move by Jimbo who also has a history at Auburn that he is taking straight out of Sabans book. 

Gus blew that chance.  It almost cost Gus his job.  Rhett was the reason there were issues, he was completely incompetent.  DC spent more time working on blocking than on route running and catching the ball because that was the orders.  After bringing in possibly the best WR class in school history he wanted to train them to be NFL ready WR's but with Gus/Rhett there it was not going to happen.  The ironic thing is now Gus has changed how all that is being handled and Kodi is getting to train DC's recruits how DC wanted to.  We will see great improvement in our WR's and it has nothing to do with Kodi(or any coach that had the job) it is because someone got their voice up Gus' butt so that he could hear it, cuz that is where his head was stuck.   I am grateful that Gus listened, it is best for Auburn.

2 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Gus blew that chance.  It almost cost Gus his job.  Rhett was the reason there were issues, he was completely incompetent.  DC spent more time working on blocking than on route running and catching the ball because that was the orders.  After bringing in possibly the best WR class in school history he wanted to train them to be NFL ready WR's but with Gus/Rhett there it was not going to happen.  The ironic thing is now Gus has changed how all that is being handled and Kodi is getting to train DC's recruits how DC wanted to.  We will see great improvement in our WR's and it has nothing to do with Kodi(or any coach that had the job) it is because someone got their voice up Gus' butt so that he could hear it, cuz that is where his head was stuck.   I am grateful that Gus listened, it is best for Auburn.

Problem is DC isn't a great coach. He is a great recruiter. DC wanted input with offensive play calling which would have been a joke IMO. He apparently had some input last year at LSU and you see where that got him. I remembe LSU fans before the season saying DC would transform Harris into a good qb lol. DC has not shown one thing to me that he is ready to be anything other than a great recruiter.

Just now, austudnt23 said:

Problem is DC isn't a great coach. He is a great recruiter. DC wanted input with offensive play calling which would have been a joke IMO. He apparently had some input last year at LSU and you see where that got him. I remembe LSU fans before the season saying DC would transform Harris into a good qb lol. DC has not shown one thing to me that he is ready to be anything other than a great recruiter.

LSU hired a new OC and he replaced both the WR and RB coaches.  Not defending DC's coaching ability, but giving a more accurate picture of what happened.  They needed strength in New Orleans recruiting with this new staff.  The one thing that I would question and was an issue was his work ethic as a coach, he put more time in recruiting, but you know that is what you get when you hire him.

In a weird way the fallout with DC is responsible for all the potential positive changes we have seen Gus make.  DC is well connected and he talked to plenty of them about his concerns and problems that he saw in the program and what was going to happen, when said things all started to happen, well, we all know what started to happen.  So if our new offense turns things around, we will in a very strange way have to thank DC for part of it.

2 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

And Jimbo's QB's have done nothing in the NFL with the exception of Winston.  And Gus can easily counter with Cam's success to refute that argument. 

Selling QB development has to do with how the QBs did in college & just getting them drafted. Once they go pro their development is on the pro coaches. Jimbo has had a lot more QBs drafted than Gus. It's not a Cam vs. Winston thing.

Soo this Justin Fields cat is pretty dang good. It would be cool to chat about him.

2 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

How much is DC making anyways at FSU?  I would probably use that against him and FSU.  

I believe it was posted somewhere that it was around $35,000

1 minute ago, The Plainsman said:

How much is DC making anyways at FSU?  I would probably use that against him and FSU.  

Off field analysts don't make jack but not sure how that could be used against them.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Off field analysts don't make jack but not sure how that could be used against them.

I guess that the value that FSU has in him is not much, but hey if he wants to work for practically free......  

11 minutes ago, AU_256 said:

Is he planning on taking any more visits during the summer or is he shutting it down? I've heard both. 

No more visits til after his season starts.

11 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

I guess that the value that FSU has in him is not much, but hey if he wants to work for practically free......  

They didn't have any on field openings when CDC became available from FSU.

43 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Selling GB development has to do with how the QBs did in college & just getting them drafted. Once they go pro their development is on the pro coaches. Jimbo has had a lot more QBs drafted than Gus. It's not a Cam vs. Winston thing.

Exactly. It is why the nfl busts Saban has had at bama has not affected their recruiting at all. The object is to get  them to be first rounders and he has done that a lot unfortunately for us. I unfortunately look at it as a positive. Like BY SOME MIRACLE he got ej manuel and ponder to be first round picks?! you serious clarke?! that is a feat in itself.

I freaking hate negative sales tactics of any kind.  Almost guarantees I won't buy into what they are pushing.

insurance, cars, politicians and coaches ... it is slimy and off-putting.  I am always baffled that it is a successful tactic.

3 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

What does the NFL have to do with anything ?

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

They didn't have any on field openings when CDC became available from FSU.

Neither did any other school?   He's toxic....     Really all I am saying is if he is negative recruiting against us.. It can go both ways.  

4 hours ago, auburnphan said:

LSU hired a new OC and he replaced both the WR and RB coaches.  Not defending DC's coaching ability, but giving a more accurate picture of what happened.  They needed strength in New Orleans recruiting with this new staff.  The one thing that I would question and was an issue was his work ethic as a coach, he put more time in recruiting, but you know that is what you get when you hire him.

That's not an accurate account of his dismal from LSU. After Miles was fired, he openly campaigned for the OC gig and Coach O didn't bite. Meanwhile, his uber talented WR corp was regressing on the field and the super recruiter DC wasn't delivering on the trail either. When it became clear O was becoming HC, DC again campaigned for the OC gig and he was nicely told to start looking around. His name was floated at places like Oregon but never seriously considered. Then they canned him after signing day, a pretty damning verdict by Coach O if you ask me.

That's the real story you'll get from informed LSU ppl, anyway. I grew up loving to see DC play, but he's proven during his coaching career that he's all about himself. 

14 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

That's not an accurate account of his dismal from LSU. After Miles was fired, he openly campaigned for the OC gig and Coach O didn't bite. Meanwhile, his uber talented WR corp was regressing on the field and the super recruiter DC wasn't delivering on the trail either. When it became clear O was becoming HC, DC again campaigned for the OC gig and he was nicely told to start looking around. His name was floated at places like Oregon but never seriously considered. Then they canned him after signing day, a pretty damning verdict by Coach O if you ask me.

That's the real story you'll get from informed LSU ppl, anyway. I grew up loving to see DC play, but he's proven during his coaching career that he's all about himself. 

But we Gucci tho

9 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

I freaking hate negative sales tactics of any kind.  Almost guarantees I won't buy into what they are pushing.

insurance, cars, politicians and coaches ... it is slimy and off-putting.  I am always baffled that it is a successful tactic.

Amen to that Stache...

FWIW to back up what 23 has been saying, other AU sources are still very confident in our spot right now and FSU staff still feels we lead after Justin's highly publicized trip to Tallahassee.

Archived