Gov. Kasich: I hate to say I told you so ...

RunInRed

Had Kasich been nominated, he would have beaten Hillary and we'd have a real president today instead of this total embarrassment that has made us the laughing stock of the world.

13 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Had Kasich been nominated, he would have beaten Hillary and we'd have a real president today instead of this total embarrasment that has made us the laughing stock of the world.

He would have gotten my vote too.  Repeatedly said during the campaign that Kasich was the only Republican candidate making any sense and that I would have voted for him in a heart-beat.

He got my vote in the primaries.  Voters were just enamored with someone who'd talk a big game and say outrageous stuff over responsible adults.

Kasich was my vote, he was the only candidate that talked about working together with the other side and doing what is best for the country as a whole.  He was by far the superior candidate in this race and what was needed to reunite the country, instead we got the great divider.

1 hour ago, alexava said:

2020 independent......

I actually think he may win the Republican nomination if things keep going this way.  R's will be looking to get as far away from Trump as possible and Kasich is one of the few who has a provable track record of being against Trump from the beginning.  If anything, he's the logical choice to signal a change in the party in 2020.

27 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I actually think he may win the Republican nomination if things keep going this way.  R's will be looking to get as far away from Trump as possible and Kasich is one of the few who has a provable track record of being against Trump from the beginning.  If anything, he's the logical choice to signal a change in the party in 2020.

The GOP will have to first remake themselves into a much more moderate party. He'd be better off trying to run as a Democrat.

The GOP has sown the wind and are now reaping the whirlwind.

Kasich is a good guy and one person I could get behind if he won the election. My first choice will almost always be a Democrat but a sensible Republican isn't a bad consolation prize. I'm thinking, on the Off chance that Trump isn't impeached, that he would run as an independent rather than as a Republican. He would fare well in a Republican Primary due to trump Fatigue, but nothing I have yet seen shows me that the Republican Party would elect a moderate. Running as an independent would improve Republican outcomes down ballot in the house and in the Senate.

Part of the problem is neither side wants a moderate. Both sides of the aisle feed off the frenzy stirred up by the fringes.  There are very few "Democrats" that would vote for a "Republican" no matter how moderate and the same goes for the other side as well. Issues and ideas take a back seat to that R and D in front of people's name.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Part of the problem is neither side wants a moderate. Both sides of the aisle feed off the frenzy stirred up by the fringes.  There are very few "Democrats" that would vote for a "Republican" no matter how moderate and the same goes for the other side as well. Issues and ideas take a back seat to that R and D infront if people's name.

true, they need to start a moderate party but they would kill it by fighting over calling themselves demicans or republicrats......but seriously the development of a moderate party is what this country absolutely needs to have happen.

8 hours ago, homersapien said:

What's radical about Democratic positions?

Clinton was no radical.  Neither was Obama. 

If you start off by standing far enough to the left, they do look moderate I guess.  

56 minutes ago, AU64 said:

If you start off by standing far enough to the left, they do look moderate I guess.  

In any other nation in the developed world, Bernie is a moderate leftist. Clinton and Obama would be considered relatively centrist. Maybe even center right. 

1 hour ago, Bigbens42 said:

In any other nation in the developed world, Bernie is a moderate leftist. Clinton and Obama would be considered relatively centrist. Maybe even center right. 

Possibly so....and just about all of them have the advantage that the US is mostly bankrolling their national defense which makes them seem pretty rich in some ways. . 

Back in my work days I was employed in international sales and worked several years for a Swiss company. Over 20 years I traveled to about 25 countries including almost all of Western Europe, Japan, Singapore, South Africa and  5 Latin American countries.   And that's the primary reason I prefer to live in the US.  Those folks are welcome to their political system ....and meanwhile, I  don't threaten to leave just because someone like Obama...or Trump gets elected president.    

With whatever faults we have, our economic system provides more opportunity for personal growth and achievement than any place i visited though in my view, some of Mr Obama's social and immigration policies have put a dent in those opportunities.    I think that might be turning around now...JMO.

4 hours ago, AU64 said:

Possibly so....and just about all of them have the advantage that the US is mostly bankrolling their national defense which makes them seem pretty rich in some ways. . 

Back in my work days I was employed in international sales and worked several years for a Swiss company. Over 20 years I traveled to about 25 countries including almost all of Western Europe, Japan, Singapore, South Africa and  5 Latin American countries.   And that's the primary reason I prefer to live in the US.  Those folks are welcome to their political system ....and meanwhile, I  don't threaten to leave just because someone like Obama...or Trump gets elected president.    

With whatever faults we have, our economic system provides more opportunity for personal growth and achievement than any place i visited though in my view, some of Mr Obama's social and immigration policies have put a dent in those opportunities.    I think that might be turning around now...JMO.

What BS.

6 hours ago, AU64 said:

In other words, you've got nothing but poo flinging.

Just because this is the rant forum, it doesn't mean you don't have to defend your statements.

Your reputation is still at stake.

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 4:50 PM, bigbird said:

Part of the problem is neither side wants a moderate. Both sides of the aisle feed off the frenzy stirred up by the fringes.  There are very few "Democrats" that would vote for a "Republican" no matter how moderate and the same goes for the other side as well. Issues and ideas take a back seat to that R and D in front of people's name.

I thought Both Clintons and Obama were moderate. Traditional Democratic candidates. If you look at Obamas actual positions he really doesn't differ a whole lot from Republicans of yester year (compare immigration and tax policy with Bush senior, Reagan and Nixon).   Honestly, many Republicans of the past, Reagan included, look more like the Democrats today than the Republican Party of Today

8 hours ago, homersapien said:

In other words, you've got nothing but poo flinging.

Just because this is the rant forum, it doesn't mean you don't have to defend your statements.

:)  Boy that's frightening....

But since you have not been paying attention the past 8 years....and people have written books on his radicalism...I'll just give this as place for your to start

http://www.westernjournalism.com/exclusive-investigative-reports/obama-surrounds-himself-with-the-most-extreme-appointees-in-american-history/

Meanwhile, I'm off to enjoy a fine morning of golf....

15 minutes ago, shabby said:

I thought Both Clintons and Obama were moderate. Traditional Democratic candidates. If you look at Obamas actual positions he really doesn't differ a whole lot from Republicans of yester year (compare immigration and tax policy with Bush senior, Reagan and Nixon).   Honestly, many Republicans of the past, Reagan included, look more like the Democrats today than the Republican Party of Today

This is true. Look the positions of GHWB when he ran in 1980. Nixon would be left of what is now center on many issues. Reagan would have to run as a Dem to have a chance today.

18 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Obama Surrounds Himself with the Most Extreme Appointees in American History

That's a laughable claim, and that article is full of various half truths and outright bull****. You need to proofread and research it more carefully before you claim it as evidence here.

55 minutes ago, AU64 said:

But since you have not been paying attention the past 8 years....and people have written books on his radicalism...I'll just give this as place for your to start

http://www.westernjournalism.com/exclusive-investigative-reports/obama-surrounds-himself-with-the-most-extreme-appointees-in-american-history/

I'm going to read this, but right off the bat I need to say that Western Journalism is not a very good site for solid info.  It's highly partisan.  I'm not saying it's "fake news" per se, but it's not exactly objective coverage either.

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Sorry, but citing "wingnut" articles is not very convincing.

No rational person would describe Obama as a radical.  You are cementing your reputation as being irrational.

Archived