Softball vs. Cal - Game thread

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Saw another replay and still don't think she tagged the runner with the ball...used her glove but the ball was not in it....but whatever....it's a tie game and we need to get a run in and take the win...

I think the ump saw the initial bobble and that is what he called.  We can argue all we want about her not tagging her with the ball and we would be correct.  No matter what, she was safe and the run scored.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rivera strikes out swinging.  Kendall Veach coming up.  Hit one out right here Kendall.

Veach flies to center to end the 7th.   Game tied 3-3 going to extra innings.

nope....pops up and on to extra innings....

meanwhile bama and minn in a pitches duel...m has no hits, bama one hit in the 7th....think I read there were 5 no hitters yesterday...

Martin sets them down in order.   Let's win it here.   Shea, Greenwood and McCrackin due up.

OK...Martin got out of the 8th with no serious trouble.....would be nice to end it right here...

There are thunderstorms headed toward Auburn.  We need to win this here, so we don't have to spend all night at the ballpark because of rain delays.

Crocker chops it to 3rd.   1 out.    Bunt by Podany and she beats the throw.   McCrackin up.

McCrackin pops it up into foul territory but they make the catch.  2 outs.   Draper up.

I understand they want to bunt, Makayla, but you'll have to throw strikes here. 

Headshot. Way to hang on, Carlee. 

And we escape. Nice work, ladies. 

Cal had the squeeze on and Auburn read it and they get the out at home but the baserunner runs through Wallace.   The other baserunner comes around to 3rd on the play.  There are 2 outs.   Strike out by Martin end the top 9th.  

Not sure on all the ins and outs on obstruction/interference, but I'm curious if that play by the base runner hitting Wallace couldn't have been ruled as interference/obstruction and sent that base runner back to 2nd base.   That gives me something to look up after the game is over.

Just now, tigerfangs said:

Play by play please

They got runners on 1st and second with no outs on and e6 and a walk. Grounded into a 3-4 fielder's choice for the first out. Runners on first and third. They tried to squeeze. Missed the bunt. Caught the runner on third in a rundown. Carlee tagged her but got hit in the head. Makayla struck out the batter to end the inning, 

Archived