"Donald Trump is not well"

TitanTiger

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

I think we have finally arrived at the root of your problem.

Just so we are clear, I will double down on my comment.

And yes, I still find it laughable that you seem to be saying, right now, that based on Donald Trump's actions as POTUS, he should be removed from office because he is mentally unfit to do the job. Incredible.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Grumps said:

Just so we are clear, I will double down on my comment.

And yes, I still find it laughable that you seem to be saying, right now, that based on Donald Trump's actions as POTUS, he should be removed from office because he is mentally unfit to do the job. Incredible.

Keep laughing.   But it's not going to help.  

He was obviously unfit for the job before he was elected.  

While I would certainly remove him if it were up to me, and even though I think a damn good case could be made for impeachment right now - our political system being what it is - requires more of a bipartisan consensus to impeach him in order to avoid even greater chaos and division in the country.  

So, bottom line, enough Republicans and Trump supporters will have to decide he should go.  If not for the country, for the sake of the Republican party which is apparently more important to these folks.

Meanwhile, we will have to somehow survive the ongoing tenure of someone who is completely unsuited for the job. I will continue to keep pointing out the obvious to people who refuse to see it. 

Hopefully it won't take a war or recession for people like you to finally see the light.  

I am not optimistic though.

Donald Trump has proven you can be rich and still be White Trash.

Folks, if you could remove someone for being embarrassingly classless, Trump would be impeached by now. Folks, it isnt Free Speech anymore, it is just poor form, bad manners, IT IS JUST BEING A DOUCHE. We need to add BEING A DOUCHE to the list of impeachable offenses. 

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

Folks, if you could rfemove someone for being embarrassingly classless, Trump would be impeached by now. Folks, it isnt Free Speech anymore, it is just poor form, bad manners, IT IS JUST BEING A DOUCHE. We need to add BEING A DOUCHE to the list of impeachable offenses. 

EXACTLY! Trump is just a douche. As long as being a douche is not an impeachable offense and he doesn't do anything worse than being a douche, then we should be stuck with him.

3 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Folks, if you could rfemove someone for being embarrassingly classless, Trump would be impeached by now. Folks, it isnt Free Speech anymore, it is just poor form, bad manners, IT IS JUST BEING A DOUCHE. We need to add BEING A DOUCHE to the list of impeachable offenses. 

Well, it worked with Clinton!  ;)

2 hours ago, Grumps said:

EXACTLY! Trump is just a douche. As long as being a douche is not an impeachable offense and he doesn't do anything worse than being a douche, then we should be stuck with him.

Well, that's true enough.

But it's not being a douche' that really threatens us.  It's the short attention span, ignorance, poor judgement and emotional immaturity that are going to cause the inevitable crisis.

56 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Well, that's true enough.

But it's not being a douche' that really threatens us.  It's the short attention span, ignorance, poor judgement and emotional immaturity that are going to cause the inevitable crisis.

It's not that hard to not be a douche. He could do everything he claimed he wanted to in campaigning without being a blatant shitbag. It's a national embarrassment. Almost as embarrassing as the minions who support his antics. 

16 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

The jury is still out on this.

I don't think that the jury has convened yet. Trump may certainly prove to be MORE than just a douche, but I still contend that is all he has done so far.

Welcome to the new type of "presidency.," Trump isn't owned by any party and doesn't owe any political debts. He is basically an Independent which I like, He is brash but communicates with the people, maybe too openly. He is going to be himself regardless how much the media and the left pile on. I like it, Get used to it or there is going a be a big increase in ulcers.

15 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Welcome to the new type of "presidency.," Trump isn't owned by any party and doesn't owe any political debts. He is basically an Independent which I like, He is brash but communicates with the people, maybe too openly. He is going to be himself regardless how much the media and the left pile on. I like it, Get used to it or there is going a be a big increase in ulcers.

Hell, he's making money off of politics.

God help us if Trump is able to define the new norm.  

But I don't think there are enough "no-nothings" in the country to let that happen.  I still say he won't make it through a complete term.

2 hours ago, Grumps said:

I don't think that the jury has convened yet. Trump may certainly prove to be MORE than just a douche, but I still contend that is all he has done so far.

I think his pathological lying, his absolute obsession with what everyone says about him, his fixation on commenting on women, just to name a few things, says otherwise.

1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

Good Lord at the delusion.  You cannot really believe this.  You're an educated man.  I expect more.

35 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Good Lord at the delusion.  You cannot really believe this.  You're an educated man.  I expect more.

It's easy to be fooled.  It's very hard to be unfooled.

5 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

For many of his supporters, irritating the left is all they need to maintain loyalty. It's their greatest principle.

6 hours ago, homersapien said:

No one wants to admit they've been fooled.

Sorry to disappoint you but I don't own a MAGA hat or shirt. I don't own a MAGA bumper sticker. I'm not that invested or "fooled" by slogans, speeches, or promises. The reality is Congress is the one tasked with dealing with Trump's policies and whether they get implemented or not. Most of Trump's policies are likely never going to be pushed through because even Republicans won't get behind them. It's not some shocking development that a lot of Trump voters didn't see coming. It's likely why Trump won the GOP nomination, because the rest of the GOP field was so watered down and part of the problem on why things haven't been getting done. At least Trump was willing to say things that no one else was bothering to address, like immigration. 

I knew things Trump proposed were a stretch, like building a wall. But I think it's important that securing the border and trying to curb illegal immigration is front and center on immigration policy. Both Dems and Repubs have failed to do anything on issues like immigration and have basically sugarcoated problems to avoid doing anything for fear of being labeled anti-immigrant, even though it's a false label. If getting a fence/wall is unlikely, the next best thing is enforce immigration laws, enforce stiffer penalties for criminals who are here illegally and to crackdown on sanctuary cities who refuse to turn over illegal immigrants to ICE for deportation.

The Kate's Law bill, which was passed in the House 257-167, had 24 Democrats voting in favor of the bill. Kate's Law is a good start on addressing illegal immigrants who are criminals and enforcing stiffer sentences to prevent them from committing more crimes. Yet, a lot of Democrats opposed to Kate's Law have done nothing but smear Republicans who have pushed Kate's Law as racist or anti-immigrant. That kind of cynical response comes from far too many in this country who would rather do nothing, than to get tougher on immigration. 

It was an illegal immigrant who attacked and killed a 17 year old Muslim girl in Virginia a couple of weeks ago. The police in Virginia weren't investigating it as a hate crime, but as a case of road rage. But Democrats were more interested in blaming Trump or saying the 17 year old girl's death was the result of islamophobia and racism, despite the facts of the case.

19 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Sorry to disappoint you but I don't own a MAGA hat or shirt. I don't own a MAGA bumper sticker. I'm not that invested or "fooled" by slogans, speeches, or promises. The reality is Congress is the one tasked with dealing with Trump's policies and whether they get implemented or not. Most of Trump's policies are likely never going to be pushed through because even Republicans won't get behind them. It's not some shocking development that a lot of Trump voters didn't see coming. It's likely why Trump won the GOP nomination, because the rest of the GOP field was so watered down and part of the problem on why things haven't been getting done. At least Trump was willing to say things that no one else was bothering to address, like immigration. 

I knew things Trump proposed were a stretch, like building a wall. But I think it's important that securing the border and trying to curb illegal immigration is front and center on immigration policy. Both Dems and Repubs have failed to do anything on issues like immigration and have basically sugarcoated problems to avoid doing anything for fear of being labeled anti-immigrant, even though it's a false label. If getting a fence/wall is unlikely, the next best thing is enforce immigration laws, enforce stiffer penalties for criminals who are here illegally and to crackdown on sanctuary cities who refuse to turn over illegal immigrants to ICE for deportation.

The Kate's Law bill, which was passed in the House 257-167, had 24 Democrats voting in favor of the bill. Kate's Law is a good start on addressing illegal immigrants who are criminals and enforcing stiffer sentences to prevent them from committing more crimes. Yet, a lot of Democrats opposed to Kate's Law have done nothing but smear Republicans who have pushed Kate's Law as racist or anti-immigrant. That kind of cynical response comes from far too many in this country who would rather do nothing, than to get tougher on immigration. 

It was an illegal immigrant who attacked and killed a 17 year old Muslim girl in Virginia a couple of weeks ago. The police in Virginia weren't investigating it as a hate crime, but as a case of road rage. But Democrats were more interested in blaming Trump or saying the 17 year old girl's death was the result of islamophobia and racism, despite the facts of the case.

I'm not disappointed, but I am surprised you somehow knew I was talking about you.  :-\

25 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I'm not disappointed, but I am surprised you somehow knew I was talking about you.  :-\

So were you not including me when you quoted me earlier in this thread and posted:

On 7/1/2017 at 8:58 AM, homersapien said:

If that's suppose to be a defense of Trump, you failed.

(But it was a nice indictment of the fools who support him.)

14 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

So were you not including me when you quoted me earlier in this thread and posted:

Are you happy that Trump as POTUS?

Do you think he is good for the United States?

Trump is a petty douche who can't resist responding to criticism in the media and going after people, even women, for their comments about him. He says things that are either lies or things that have very little chance of happening. He'll stoop to personal attacks with people that criticize him. He also loves to go after the media to gin up his supporters. His temperament is unpresidential. Therefore he needs to be impeached........ Actions aren't as important. Words and tweets matters more............ 

Temperament matters more than actions to the anti-Trump people. As long as you have the right temperament you can: get the U.S. into two wars, respond poorly to a disaster like a major hurricane, create a housing bubble, and preside over the collapse of the economy. You can also: go after FOX news and criticize them without being called petty, threaten reporters with jail if they don't comply with a subpoena, try to have "reporter's privilege" taken away by using the Espionage Act more than any other president, call a terrorist group a JV team, create a "red line" in Syria, have a  "reset" with Vladimir Putin's Russia, bemoan American culture overseas, and claim you're going to have the most transparent administration ever but then lack transparency.

.......................  That's the kind of temperament we need  .......................... ' Merica

3 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

A savvy Dems opinion. noy just because I agree but Dems should pay attention ans read the whole article.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/07/04/kucinich-rips-dems-for-proposal-to-examine-trumps-mental-fitness.html

Sit down, for once I agree with you. Labeling Trump has mentally ill is a slap in the face to those who truly do have mental illnesses. Trump is a narcissist who becomes vicious when his fragile ego is bruised. He lacks empathy and has never in his lifetime put another human being over himself and his own needs and interests. Is he unfit? Absolutely. But it has nothing to do with mental illness. 

Archived