"Donald Trump is not well"

TitanTiger

11 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

And I don't give a rats ass about Trump's credibility or tweets. I don't think even you believe people voted for Trump because they thought he was honest or someone who was charming and pleasant. You're not going to turn a dog into a cat no matter much you want the dog to change. It's just not gonna happen. Go get a cat if you want a cat. 

We just had a rock star presidency the last 8 years. Obama didn't mind criticizing anyone from Joe the plumber to Cambridge police to Donald Trump to FOX news. Obama wasn't "above it all" either yet the left and those in the media cheered him on all the way when he spouted off about a person or organization he didn't like or disagreed with. That was awesome. Obama's behavior was met with unanimous approval. If anything, he was only criticized because he wasn't more vocal about things like people being shot by police or going after Republicans on issues. Obama's sh*t didn't stink.  

Just because Trump says mean stuff and behaves childishly doesn't mean he's evil or a monster. The media are helping feed into it and "normalize" it when they lash out and get personal by calling Trump a liar and not just disagreeing with policies but they go on rants about how horrible a person he is because of it. If someone called Obama a liar and questioned his behavior or even his policies, they were shouted down and sometimes accused of racism. Calling Trump an orange cheeto, mocking his hair, mocking how he talks, going after Melania for not criticizing her husband, there's nothing off limits when it comes to criticizing Trump. 

Trump campaigned on attacking the media and opponents. Nobody should be surprised that he didn't really change when he became president. That was part of Trump's appeal that a lot of people were drawn to. He doesn't play by the rules and double standards the way so many political hacks in the news media want to enforce. That doesn't mean I agree with his comments. I just don't pretend to hold the president to an unwritten standard of how a president should act. Because the media don't hold every president to the same standards. You're reaching if you think Trump should be upholding the standards of the office. A large segment of the country didn't vote for that. The media only now want to complain about being presidential because the last 8 years they couldn't be bothered to actually be aggressive and call out un-presidential behavior. In some cases they didn't just stay silent and not call it out, they actually approved of it and jokingly celebrated Obama's "toughness".

Trump didn't happen in a vacuum. Trump wouldn't have won in 2008 or 2012 because Obama was just so likable and had a personality that charmed people. He presented himself as "above the fray" and that he wouldn't play games. The media weren't just impartial bystanders during the Obama presidency. They covered or outright blacked out negative stories or things that happened under Obama. They absolved Obama from blame on a lot of things. Hilary got tougher coverage than Obama but was still excused and explained away about her private server and given passes for defending Bill's affairs. The media are foaming at the mouth right now wanting Melania Trump to criticize her husband's "bullying" behavior.

Now we have a reality tv presidency where everything is filled with drama and controversy. People and the media are so hung up about Trump's words and not his actions. They think he's awful because of his mouth and tweets. A lot of his policies actually appeal to more than just conservatives but the people who support Trump don't matter to anti-Trump folks. They're awful people for supporting Trump.

If that's suppose to be a defense of Trump, you failed.

(But it was a nice indictment of the fools who support him.)

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Wrong.  

His behavior clearly indicates he has incapacitating psychological issues. Maybe not incapacitating for a wealthy New York bully, but certainly for the POTUS.

So are you saying that the definition of "incapacitating" changes based on one's occupation? That seems pretty silly. Please explain.

3 minutes ago, Grumps said:

So are you saying that the definition of "incapacitating" changes based on one's occupation? That seems pretty silly. Please explain.

Silly?

"Incapacitating" means not be able to do your job or whatever else you are trying to do, right?

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Silly?

"Incapacitating" means not be able to do your job or whatever else you are trying to do, right?

I read this quote:

"His behavior clearly indicates he has incapacitating psychological issues. Maybe not incapacitating for a wealthy New York bully, but certainly for the POTUS."

I read that to mean that you think that Trump's "incapacitating psychological issues" would mean that he does not have the mental capacity to serve as POTUS. Is that what you meant or are you just saying that he does not have the capacity to do it well. One is a legal/medical issue and the other is not. Legally, I don't think that "mental incapacitation" changes based on occupation.

1 hour ago, Grumps said:

A wealthy New York bully doesn't have nuclear launch codes.

46 minutes ago, Grumps said:

I read this quote:

"His behavior clearly indicates he has incapacitating psychological issues. Maybe not incapacitating for a wealthy New York bully, but certainly for the POTUS."

I read that to mean that you think that Trump's "incapacitating psychological issues" would mean that he does not have the mental capacity to serve as POTUS. Is that what you meant or are you just saying that he does not have the capacity to do it well. One is a legal/medical issue and the other is not. Legally, I don't think that "mental incapacitation" changes based on occupation.

You may be correct. Some occupations just allow certain mental derangements that the office of potus can't. I hoped that would be obvious. 

57 minutes ago, Grumps said:

I read this quote:

He is psychologically unfit to be president.

It seems obvious to me, but you can parse it all you want. :-\

8 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Fascinating.  

I love it when Trump supporters try to rationalize.  It's pathetic and entertaining at the same time.  

So do you think it is wrong to support the POTUS?

Just now, Grumps said:

So do you think it is wrong to support the POTUS?

This particular POTUS, who happens to be a narcissistic psychopath?

Hell yes!

The wellfare of the country is far more important to me than support for such a president.

Just now, homersapien said:

This particular POTUS, who happens to be a narcissistic psychopath?

Hell yes!

The wellfare of the country is far more important to me than support for such a president.

Thanks for clarifying! I COMPLETELY understand your "pathetic and entertaining at the same time" comment.

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

No, as much sense as it makes, it's clearly futile to try and persuade Republicans to appeal to science.  

Your posts are remarkably consistent today! So what would you say is the MAIN reason that Trump is scientifically unfit to be POTUS? Is it his tweets? Is it the scientifically proven pathology behind his tweets? Please enlighten us.

6 minutes ago, Grumps said:

I was wondering about Trump's actions, not his possible diagnoses.

If you don't see the connection, you are willfully blind.

I doubt there's anything I can do to help you.

10 minutes ago, homersapien said:

If you don't see the connection, you are willfully blind.

I doubt there's anything I can do to help you.

I did not think that you would answer.

I don't suffer fools.

A narcissistic psychopath is what a narcissistic psychopath does. Trump's behavior defines who he is.

Surely you don't need me to keep you up to date on his behavior.

I can COMPLETELY understand why so many people don't like Trump. I don't like Trump as POTUS. I agree that Trump frequently act like a spoiled child and has narcissistic qualities. But for people to claim that he should be removed from office because he is mentally unfit to be POTUS is laughable. Instead of making silly claims like this maybe you folks should work on grooming a candidate who can beat him in the next election.

8 minutes ago, Grumps said:

I can COMPLETELY understand why so many people don't like Trump. I don't like Trump as POTUS. I agree that Trump frequently act like a spoiled child and has narcissistic qualities. But for people to claim that he should be removed from office because he is mentally unfit to be POTUS is laughable. Instead of making silly claims like this maybe you folks should work on grooming a candidate who can beat him in the next election.

Given the enormous demands of the job you believe without question he is mentally fit?

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Given the enormous demands of the job you believe without question he is mentally fit?

Honestly, I believe without question that he has not demonstrated himself to be mentally unfit. That is what matters. That was meant to be a truthful answer, not a weasel answer.

5 minutes ago, Grumps said:

Honestly, I believe without question that he has not demonstrated himself to be mentally unfit. That is what matters. That was meant to be a truthful answer, not a weasel answer.

Ok-- I assume you mean publicly.

21 minutes ago, Grumps said:

Seriously?  That's insane.

What's a better reason to remove a president from office?

And it's not a "silly" claim.  It's apparent for everyone to see who aren't willfully blind.

Finally, acknowledging the current president is mentally unfit for the job is not mutually excusive to working on a candidate to replace him.

Do you really have such a problem with logical thinking or are you just trying to troll?

14 minutes ago, Grumps said:

I think we have finally arrived at the root of your problem.

Archived