Post a picture

2 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I didn't even think to try the deli.  I almost walked out the store out of frustration until I took a moment and found some things on my list. Then the crowd left, and it was much better.  At this point everyone looks like a germ to me lol

My Kroger is still rolling sushi 😂. Can’t get cleansers or TP for work, but I can get mediocre sushi. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

My Kroger is still rolling sushi 😂. Can’t get cleansers or TP for work, but I can get mediocre sushi. 

I know what you mean.  I saw a big sign out front of this store advertising it. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Barnacle said:

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200319192144561_COVER.jpg

Anyone hungry?

BARN. THAT IS PERFECT CHAR ON THE CONECUH. Bravo, sir, bravo. You let that thing rip right until the juice started squirting out of the little holes in the crisped skin like tiny firehoses of fat, there was the resultant flame up, there was a split second of this sensation not unlike cresting the top of a roller coaster, and then BOOM, you yanked your meat phrasing right before all was lost. Kerri Strug couldn't have stuck a landing like that on two good feet. 

12 hours ago, sandyclawedtiger said:

Not for long. Being meat cutter for Publix has perks. 2 14 oz. Prime strips. 8.99 lb. Also being a hero during this virus mess. Truly blessed. Ya'll stay safe.

You stay safe, too. Interrupted food supply is obviously a big concern at the back (or front) of most of our minds, I think. Appreciate you. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

24 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

BARN. THAT IS PERFECT CHAR ON THE CONECUH. Bravo, sir, bravo. You let that thing rip right until the juice started squirting out of the little holes in the crisped skin like tiny firehoses of fat, there was the resultant flame up, there was a split second of this sensation not unlike cresting the top of a roller coaster, and then BOOM, you yanked your meat phrasing right before all was lost. Kerri Strug couldn't have stuck a landing like that on two good feet. 

You stay safe, too. Interrupted food supply is obviously a big concern at the back (or front) of most of our minds, I think. Appreciate you. 

*bandname

I know a softball when I see one...and I’ll gladly swat at it like a dad-boded, middle aged dude should.😬

• Love 2

3 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

*bandname

I know a softball when I see one...and I’ll gladly swat at it like a dad-boded, middle aged dude should.😬

I really need to adopt this habit/meme/ability of yours. Except I will abuse and misuse it. So never mind. Swat away, fellow dad-boded, middle aged dude.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Where? Is? This? Yes, I was floored, too.  McLoofus and I rule Florence out. 😁🤣

20200318_182026.jpg

20200318_181416.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I really need to adopt this habit/meme/ability of yours. Except I will abuse and misuse it. So never mind. Swat away, fellow dad-boded, middle aged dude.

Music and brews this evening seem appropriate.

• Love 1

Today, our school--teachers and staff who desired/could--did a drive-by parade through the neighborhoods in our community. If we thought we'd never be the same before, we didn't know the half of it. God is so good. And love lives on...

20200323_161738.jpg

20200324_094713.jpg

20200324_130053.jpg

20200324_130705.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/20/2020 at 8:21 AM, McLoofus said:

This is such a great post. 

And also a little frightening how closely it mirrors my inner-monologue when grilling conecuh, save for the Kerri Strug analogy, which is beyond my genius.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

This is such a great post. 

And also a little frightening how closely it mirrors my inner-monologue when grilling conecuh, save for the Kerri Strug analogy, which is beyond my genius.

I go back to the Strug well often. I was in a crowded bar when that happened so it sticks with me in that way that awesome things you share with strangers do. 

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I go back to the Strug well often. I was in a crowded bar when that happened so it sticks with me in that way that awesome things you share with strangers do. 

WFTAR7SYg26x.gif

• Love 1

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Truly one of the greatest sports moments I've ever witnessed. That little girl is an absolute lion. 

She was for sure. When you see those moments it's pretty special. Like MJ playing in the finals with the flu and Kirk Gibson hitting the game winning HR with one good leg. 

• Love 1

Thanks to the virus. Played it 3 weeks ago. Ordered tonight. 5 week minimum back order. Guitar orders have gone crazy. Buy American. Thank God I have work to take my mind off when it will get here.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/224ceKDLXV7--taylor-224ce-k-dlx-shaded-edgeburst-layered-koa-back-and-sides

• Like 1

Smoked a pork belly yesterday.  Base rub was chili powder and a sweet/heat rub.

Smoked until 150° then set out tin foil.  Laid the belly on a bed of brown sugar, honey, and butter.  Then wrapped it and finished smoking.  A sweet, sticky outside with a bit of a kick at the end.  No sauce needed.

IMG_20200329_150029.jpg

IMG_20200329_150058.jpg

• Like 4

Forgot to post these as well.  Before Coronavirus hit, I was in Florida at our HQ for work.  Before my flight left that evening, my boss said "get out of here and go have some fun before you take-off".  So I ended up at Gulfstream Park.  Took a conference call by the paddock at one point.  Good times.

Also had another thing where we got a backstage tour of the Cowboys offices and practice facility in Dallas.  The pic with the helmet is from Jerry Jones's seat in the War Room.  Those trophies are the actual ones they were presented on the field.

IMG_20200221_135805.jpg

IMG_20200221_135825.jpg

IMG_20200204_200154.jpg

IMG_20200204_201535.jpg

Edited by Brad_ATX
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

Love the pics Brad. Love watching the ponies run!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Love the pics Brad. Love watching the ponies run!

Horse racing is the only sport still going.  I'm finding myself learning how to read a daily racing form and placing a few bets on Saturdays now.  If everything gets back to normal, I'm planning on going to Louisville for Labor Day weekend.  Already have a flight and hotels booked just in case.

- Louisville vs NC State football Thursday night to kick off the season.

- Kentucky Oaks at Churchill Friday

-Bourbon and bar hopping to watch the Derby and football on Saturday

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Horse racing is the only sport still going.  I'm finding myself learning how to read a daily racing form and placing a few bets on Saturdays now.  If everything gets back to normal, I'm planning on going to Louisville for Labor Day weekend.  Already have a flight and hotels booked just in case.

- Louisville vs NC State football Thursday night to kick off the season.

- Kentucky Oaks at Churchill Friday

-Bourbon and bar hopping to watch the Derby and football on Saturday

Awesome weekend for sure.  We have a professional track about an hour from the house,  Evangeline Downs. We like to head up there at least 1 time a year,  spend $20 bucks ($2 bet each race) and just enjoy the evening.  It always helps when you have that luck right out of the gate.  My wife's first bet was based off name Mr. Fudgeripple! After, placing bet,  the odds quickly went to 48 to 1 lol.  We laughed about it. But sloppy track worked out great and our horse made a heck of a run down the final stretch from back to front to pull out the win.  That's probably the most exciting moment in sports I've seen live for me. Been truly hooked on it since. I don't win a whole lot but it's a fun time.  For the record that one $2 bet cleared $98 :) 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Awesome weekend for sure.  We have a professional track about an hour from the house,  Evangeline Downs. We like to head up there at least 1 time a year,  spend $20 bucks ($2 bet each race) and just enjoy the evening.  It always helps when you have that luck right out of the gate.  My wife's first bet was based off name Mr. Fudgeripple! After, placing bet,  the odds quickly went to 48 to 1 lol.  We laughed about it. But sloppy track worked out great and our horse made a heck of a run down the final stretch from back to front to pull out the win.  That's probably the most exciting moment in sports I've seen live for me. Been truly hooked on it since. I don't win a whole lot but it's a fun time.  For the record that one $2 bet cleared $98 :) 

So Gulfstream had their biggest event of the year last weekend with the annual Florida Derby.  An undercard race had two very long shots come in 1st and 2nd.  The $2 exacta paid over $3,000.  Insane!

• Like 1

Quietest Toomers ever!

20200330_202758.jpg