Depth Chart for GaSo

djg0017

If KJ is going to be a kick returner, we need to cover him in bubble wrap and have a minimum of 7 layers.  He needs to have this many layers:

b68ff7c7889b5d1776ba590dfd22909f.jpg

All kidding aside, KJ did put on more weight, which should make him more durable.  I like the depth chart though.  It was all expected at this point, but still nice to see it in stone (for the time being).

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

If KJ is going to be a kick returner, we need to cover him in bubble wrap and have a minimum of 7 layers.  

I watched him during the spring game and he looked great... for about 7 plays. Then he limped off and never returned. I think he has been hurt every season so far? He may not be the fastest kid on the team but he is dynamic with the ball in his hands so I hope he remains healthy. 

3 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I watched him during the spring game and he looked great... for about 7 plays. Then he limped off and never returned. I think he has been hurt every season so far? He may not be the fastest kid on the team but he is dynamic with the ball in his hands so I hope he remains healthy. 

Well, to be fair, this spring was the first spring KJ had with Auburn that he could participate in.  Horton has said nothing but good things on how much he has bulked up to become more durable.  Would I personally make him a returner?  No, but I trust Gus and Horton to make the right call.

4 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

He got hurt last year but not his freshman year, IIRC. He did get hurt in high school. 

He's probably gotten hurt about as much as Cadillac Williams had at this point in his career. 

Thoughts.....love the fact that there about 4 seniors on the first team of O and D.....building for the future.  Good looking line-up with experience and youth.

KJ on returns......best attribute I see in him is that he won't lose the ball....which to me is the primary objective.   

58 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Finally is TD a true DE now? 

According to the presser, I think Gus said he was definitely playing the Buck for now.  Of course that doesn't mean he won't split time with LBs as season goes on.

WOW, this is a strong line up across the front five on offense, strong, we are going to knock some heads with these guys lining up in front of KP and KJ. Looking forward to this year, it is going to be fun watching these guys play.:bananadance:

What is Spencer Nigh's 40 time?

KJ has pictures of GM, so I get it.

Are we thin at safety?  Yeah put Roberts back there since we can't afford to lose Ryan Davis because we are so thin at WR.

Sal isn't a TE?  Walkon TE better than the incoming freshman?

Glad Cowart is on the list, but would have figured him more of a 3 tech vs. a nose.

Glad we aren't looking to redshirt Ashley.

5 hours ago, triangletiger said:

Somewhat surprised to see Daniel Thomas starting at Nickel.  Surprised to see Traivon Leonard and Jordyn Peters on the depth chart at CB, but not Malcolm Askew.  

Is Sal Cannella a Sophomore or a Junior?

Or Broussard???

So I worked at a donut shop last year. Late one night when nobody was in, Golson and someone I assume to be a representative for an agency came in. The guys spent an hour trying to sell Golson on jumping to the NFL. Glad they couldn't get through to him :hellyeah:

A lot of true freshmen in the mix of which is a good thing as long as they are ready to get on the field and do the job expected of them. There will be mistakes for sure, but as long as they are few and fewer each week with the end game a "W", then let them play!

What I notice is that it's actually a young team...a lot of sophomores starting or at back up. I think only 6 seniors starting which includes Carlson.  This season and the future look pretty dang good. Just got to coach em up.           

1 hour ago, djg0017 said:

So I worked at a donut shop last year.....

So, see any holes in the projected lineup?

1 hour ago, SouthGATiger said:

What I notice is that it's actually a young team...a lot of sophomores starting or at back up. I think only 6 seniors starting which includes Carlson.  This season and the future look pretty dang good. Just got to coach em up.           

It *feels* like an experienced team. You never know who will go pro especially since KP has a daughter. Ugh, visions of two years ago in my head. Honestly, we pretty much HAVE to win the west either this year or next year for the sake of parity in the conference. So KP isn't suspended? And it actually sounds like MD won't be good to go from what I heard in Gus's most recent interview.

Sorry for being nervous, this is just an EXTREMELY important season. Let's just say that there's a reason I don't like comparisons between Kick 6 and Punt Bama Punt.

/rant

13 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Well, to be fair, this spring was the first spring KJ had with Auburn that he could participate in.  Horton has said nothing but good things on how much he has bulked up to become more durable.  Would I personally make him a returner?  No, but I trust Gus and Horton to make the right call.

Ib3VHq_ACttcJAqpFGVeVQ-article.gif

YOU AGAIN!!! lol we meet again. You do not frequent the crutin forum a lot so we have not ran in to each other since last season. I am not going to have any more trouble out of you being a unwarranted sunshine pumper about gus till he earns said praise am I?! haha

Not getting the strong feelings against Kerryon as kickoff returner, he's a prototypical kickoff returner and a Brent Fullwood clone. Returning kickoffs is NOT the same skill set for returning punts.

19 hours ago, djg0017 said:

What you've all said has been spot on what I'm thinking. I can see keeping KJ in for KO for experience purpose but IMO he's not a top 5 best returner on our team. Especially for GaSo I realllllly wanted to see Iggy returning kicks.. A super good game to give him experience because I think he's the future at KO.

I still remember Pat Dye's crack at a press conference in response to a question from the press about how the kickoff return team was doing: "Now you don't necessarily want to lead the country in kickoff returns"

Punt returns are much more important and hopefully we can lead the country in that category.?

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Ib3VHq_ACttcJAqpFGVeVQ-article.gif

YOU AGAIN!!! lol we meet again. You do not frequent the crutin forum a lot so we have not ran in to each other since last season. I am not going to have any more trouble out of you being a unwarranted sunshine pumper about gus till he earns said praise am I?! haha

Sunshine pumper till the day I die!  I actually am on the recruiting and softball forum quite a bit, but since I don't have as much much inside information about recruiting than I do the football team itself, I just don't feel like I add value to my posts there.  I will ask an occasionally question though, usually in the Justin Fields thread. 

10 hours ago, Shift said:

Average weight of O Line - 312 lbs............Nice!!

Now with Tega and Horton being RSSoph we can get 3 years out of them (hopefully). If we take this year and use Harrell and Ashley as the 6th OL to get some game experience. RS Troxell and Brahms. We will have another stacked line for the next few years!!!!

I used to hate having critical players in returner positions ... Chris davis forever changed my opinion.

regarding "supposed suspensions" - a theory - was something minor and those guys won't get starts.  Obvious with white. this why the "or" at the RB position.  KJ will get the start and KM will be in second series. Davis won't start but will be in second series.  

This to me would explain the rumors, a couple depth chart things and Gus reaction to the questions

I'll buy the "KJ hasn't been effective returning kicks" argument, but I don't buy the "it's too dangerous" argument. Kick returners don't get injured very often. That's simply a myth. It's the gunners and blockers who sustain the injuries on kicks. 

Archived