***Auburn vs. Mercer -- Game Thread***

RunInRed

11 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

have to give Sean White a shot

Stidham is 18-20 for 196. He's not the problem. We've fumbled 3 friggin times. And Hastings is the only receiver on the team that can make plays. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

And you think Malzahn or Chip could fix that?  This is the most undisciplined football team I've ever seen. 

Seriously? An undisciplined team commits lots of stupid penalties and has off-field issues. That is one thing that Gus has done well. AU players are not thugs, We've seen how terrible that is and I'm glad it's not the problem right now because it's much harder to get under control. The offense right now is trying so hard to make something happen that they are making those errors. It's caused by nerves not lack of discipline. They feel terrible pressure today.

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

This is over exaggerated

I am not at the games. I am just going by the guys calling the game have been saying for 3 straight weeks.

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Hey, did y'all see that run by Kam Martin...yeah, me either. :glare:

Did he sleep with Mrs. Malzahn?????  That's the only explanation I can accept as to why he hasn't played in the last 2 games.  Pettway is hurt, and we're giving him 30-40 carrries against MERCER!!!  Barrett has looked good, but Kam's speed is on another level.  This is Gus being a stubborn a-hole, and it needs to be the end of his time at Auburn.  

Just now, cole256 said:

This is over exaggerated

How?  Our WR corp has underachieved thus far this season.  I am still not ready to hang all of this on Stidham.

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

Are you watching Mizzou right now?  They're down 28-0 at the half to Purdue.  At home.

You do realize they are playing Purdue and we are "playing" Mercer. The little small "college" in Macon, GA? 

7 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I've said it several times in this thread.  We have almost 300 yards of total offense.  It's simple ball security right now that's causing our game to go the way it is currently.  Fix that, and we're up 3 TDs.

But can we get another 300 yards in the 2nd Half and this time maintain possession? This is sickening...of course...not at all like I had halfway hoped for today. Really strange though, not only is the team asleep but there is no noise at all in that stadium. It is dead ball all the way around. Good preparation by CGM again...Not!

I was joking in another thread that we would hang 17 on'em

on another thread I joked- a vanilla game plan witha wounded. kp getting tons of carries

now im eating my words

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

I am not at the games. I am just going by the guys calling the game shave been saying for 3 straight weeks.

Yeah. I'm not saying you personally I'm saying I see plays many times where guys are open but the trigger wasn't pulled. Also theoretically every game usually big plays passes are made where the guy isn't really open but it's a one on one play and you let your guy make it. Clemson last week for example....

Just now, Browning4AU said:

You do realize they are playing Purdue and we are "playing" Mercer. The little small "college" in Macon, GA? 

The quote that I was reacting to is that we will lose to Mizzou.  What has Mizzou done in the first three weeks to make anyone think that, especially against our defense?  Give me 14 points and we win next week.

Look, I'm pissed at the way we're executing right now, but I'm not about to jump off a ledge.  This is a vastly different look than the first two games.  Just need to stop the damn fumbling.

2 minutes ago, Shift said:

How?  Our WR corp has underachieved thus far this season.  I am still not ready to hang all of this on Stidham.

What do you mean how? 

1 minute ago, Shift said:

Did I hear the announcers say that Mercer's football team is only in its fifth season? 

Yes they had football before but dropped it and picked it back up in 2013. 

1 minute ago, AUTigersfan89 said:

This is the first game where I've run out to grab a coffee at halftime just to stay alert.

any recommendations on other good games to watch?

Florida/UT is a slugfest

1 minute ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

They should rename next weeks game "battle of the worst" to see who the worst team in the SEC is. 

Speaking of this game, anyone going to come join me?  Making the 6 hour trip and looking to get tickets near other AU fans

Archived