***Auburn vs. Mercer -- Game Thread***

RunInRed

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Low classThey still thinking about last week. Gus needs to crawl some butts and hopefully we come out and play better. How good we are I have no idea but we are better than mercer

2 minutes ago, au701948 said:

But can we get another 300 yards in the 2nd Half and this time maintain possession? This is sickening...of course...not at all like I had halfway hoped for today. Really strange though, not only is the team asleep but there is no noise at all in that stadium. It is dead ball all the way around. Good preparation by CGM again...Not!

This is the question that needs to be answered.

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Yeah. I'm not saying you personally I'm saying I see plays many times where guys are open but the trigger wasn't pulled. Also theoretically every game usually big plays passes are made where the guy isn't really open but it's a one on one play and you let your guy make it. Clemson last week for example....

yup the clemson QB just threw the ball up and they caught em. I do not have that confidence in our WR's yet. DO you?

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Yeah. I'm not saying you personally I'm saying I see plays many times where guys are open but the trigger wasn't pulled. Also theoretically every game usually big plays passes are made where the guy isn't really open but it's a one on one play and you let your guy make it. Clemson last week for example....

Are you at the game?  If so, please give some more details.  Are the receivers running wide open or is Stidham unwilling to pull the trigger and thread the needle; make a quick throw?

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

well the wr's are not getting separation. this is the third straight game the announcers have been hammering this home. I much rather him hold the ball than force it which was a Jeremy Johnson Special.

This is because they are coached by a man whose qualifications are 1. he has an Auburn degree and 2. he played WR for 1 collegiate season.  If you can overlook #2, I am just as qualified as Kodi Burns to coach our WRs.  I love Kodi, appreciate everything he did during his time on the Plains, but WTF????  This is why we can't get separation.  It is a skill to get separation without getting flagged for offensive PI.  It is a skill to run crisp routes, breaking open at the precise time.  These are skills that Kodi never learned, and therefore CANNOT teach.  

Dang phone. That is low class to mention Gus wife.

Me and misses were talking about having kids but how, in good conscience, can I bring a kid into this world to witness Auburn football in the state it currently is in. I was born on an undefeated season. My niece was born on a BCS appearance. I refuse to waste that kind of luck on next seasons team!

3 minutes ago, AuburnGrad97 said:

It's the only way the PTB are going to see that Gus needs to go.  I hate it for the players.  They deserve better.  They deserve to have a coach that isn't a jackass, and the way to get that is to hit the PTB in the pockets.  As far as recruiting goes, it won't hurt as bad as another year of Gus' inept offense and lack of utilizing top-tier talent on offense.  We can say goodbye to Justin Fields, probably Galloway, and that stud WR that committed.  Why would they want to come here and not be coached up?  I wouldn't.  With 30 offers for each of these guys, what can Gus say to make these guys believe he is the best option for them????  NOTHING!!!!

No it's not. It's a stupid and disrespectful thing to even suggest it and I hope I never see it at Auburn. The PTB are concerned with the AU brand and they don't need fans acting like babies to show them anything. 

1 minute ago, far_away_fan said:

But on the bright side, it was a good week of practice....

According to Gus, we're the best in the nation at practice 

js has a lot of work left to do. holding on to the ball,  not anticipating routes etc but ibe seen progress. dude should be 19 of 20 is stove didnt drop a pass. however our o line i think out weighs by 80ish lbs on average.  no push,  no drive, pett should not be playing,  and we don't need 3 turn overs.  this offense is uf bad. 

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

The quote that I was reacting to is that we will lose to Mizzou.  What has Mizzou done in the first three weeks to make anyone think that, especially against our defense?  Give me 14 points and we win next week.

Look, I'm pissed at the way we're executing right now, but I'm not about to jump off a ledge.  This is a vastly different look than the first two games.  Just need to stop the damn fumbling.

I know the quote you were referring to. It was on my post. I'm not jumping off the ledge, I just legitimately think we get beat by Mizzou. Say what you want, but their D is going to be infinitely better than Mercer (who we currently have 10 points against). You can say, "yea, well we have 300 yards of offense." But yards don't score points. 

1 minute ago, WisconsinTiger25 said:

Speaking of this game, anyone going to come join me?  Making the 6 hour trip and looking to get tickets near other AU fans

I'll be there.  Looking at Mizzou's stadium today, just snag one on the street.  However, there is an off-chance I may have an extra in the AU section.

2 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Missouri, Miss. State and Ole Miss can't wait to play Auburn.

The idea of those games sounds like watching two dogs try to hump the same volleyball.

1 minute ago, AuburnGrad97 said:

This is because they are coached by a man whose qualifications are 1. he has an Auburn degree and 2. he played WR for 1 collegiate season.  If you can overlook #2, I am just as qualified as Kodi Burns to coach our WRs.  I love Kodi, appreciate everything he did during his time on the Plains, but WTF????  This is why we can't get separation.  It is a skill to get separation without getting flagged for offensive PI.  It is a skill to run crisp routes, breaking open at the precise time.  These are skills that Kodi never learned, and therefore CANNOT teach.  

Trust me I have no love for Kodi as a coach. But this again goes back to gus.

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

What do you mean how? 

You seem to be suggesting that most, if not all of this, is on Stidham because the WR are running good routes and are open.  Please explain why you feel this way because I am not seeing it (on TV).  Maybe someone at the game, that can see the entire field, has a different perspective than what I can see on TV.

Just now, Shift said:

Are you at the game?  If so, please give some more details.  Are the receivers running wide open or is Stidham unwilling to pull the trigger and thread the needle; make a quick throw?

Well I explained it another time but it's a bit of both. JS is hesitant in throwing intermediate throws, and he hasn't thrown a guy open yet, he's waiting for wide open and that's rare. But you're right it's not all on JS either. But as you can see now he's captain check down, just like sw was

1 minute ago, Browning4AU said:

I know the quote you were referring to. It was on my post. I'm not jumping off the ledge, I just legitimately think we get beat by Mizzou. Say what you want, but their D is going to be infinitely better than Mercer (who we currently have 10 points against). You can say, "yea, well we have 300 yards of offense." But yards don't score points. 

I just don't see how Mizzou puts up points.  Our defense is infinitely better than Purdue's and it's 28-0 at the half.  We'll get this figured out with ball security in the second half (I hope).

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

I'll be there.  Looking at Mizzou's stadium today, just snag one on the street.  However, there is an off-chance I may have an extra in the AU section.

What section is the AU section? My wife and I are going to drive down and I'd like to be with my people... I'm on an island in Big Ten country.

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

The quote that I was reacting to is that we will lose to Mizzou.  What has Mizzou done in the first three weeks to make anyone think that, especially against our defense?  Give me 14 points and we win next week.

Look, I'm pissed at the way we're executing right now, but I'm not about to jump off a ledge.  This is a vastly different look than the first two games.  Just need to stop the damn fumbling.

while their d is horrid, their offense is 10x that of ours. we have to have better production or we will lose. d will crack at some point just like clemson. not their fault, just happens when the pressure is all on them

Just now, WisconsinTiger25 said:

What section is the AU section? My wife and I are going to drive down and I'd like to be with my people... I'm on an island in Big Ten country.

We're in section 5.  I think the AU sections are in that corner of the stadium.

Archived