***Auburn vs. Mercer -- Game Thread***

RunInRed

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AUTigersfan89 said:

It would be great if we split with Gus and plugged Steele in as HC. At the end of the season, evaluate all candidates...maybe Steele keeps the job, maybe not. As long as it's not JJ making the decision because he's going to just take whoever involves less work.

The problem with naming Steele interim HC is that our moron AD will likely just promote Steele (who failed spectacularly as a HC) as the new HC if the team showed improvement over what we are seeing now.

wde

Just now, Hopsing said:

Ok, seriously. We don't look great, but we don't look terrible. Somewhere closer to not very good. Can anyone honestly say objectively that this team looks like a upper tier SEC team? 

I really don't think if everyone is honest not just complaining, but honestly this team looks average at best. It is difficult to think that this team has any championship chances with this current situation.

To be great we should aspire to have the best,  not just a scoreboard, but everything! Why did we hire great coaches in other sports? 

Making a bowl game looks about as best as this team can do right now.  And in year 5 of Gus that's unacceptable

The fumbles are sickening I'd run the mess out of them and work on ball security every day next week. Just unacceptable. 

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

at least Steele learned from dabo and Saban and not others. Who is Gus's mentor? Houston Nutt and Todd graham? meeeeeeh.

Don't forget Chizik. It looks like he taught Gus a lot as well.

1 minute ago, nurbis said:

Don't forget Chizik. It looks like he taught Gus a lot as well.

lol good point. So painful.

2 minutes ago, Hopsing said:

Ok, seriously. We don't look great, but we don't look terrible. Somewhere closer to not very good. Can anyone honestly say objectively that this team looks like a upper tier SEC team? 

I really don't think if everyone is honest not just complaining, but honestly this team looks average at best. It is difficult to think that this team has any championship chances with this current situation.

To be great we should aspire to have the best,  not just a scoreboard, but everything! Why did we hire great coaches in other sports? 

We are playing Mercer. Are you being serious.  We can only look like we should or look like crap against a team like Mercer.  We look worse than crap against a glorified HS team.  This team does not look average on O, this team is pathetic on O.

wde

Just now, AUTigergrad08 said:

Is there anyone here that actually hopes Mercer pulls the upset so that this madness can finally end?

:beer2:yup

I just to watch it burn to the ground so we can start over.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

THIS

I disagree. I think it's just wanting to make something happen so badly and feeling the stress. It's a loss of focus. Gus is panic-stricken and he's passed it along.

Archived