***Auburn vs. Mercer -- Game Thread***

RunInRed

One thing we've seen is just how fired up our defense is under Steele. Trash gus and let Steele interm. It may not be spectacular but I bet the players play for him. I was worried about transfers and decommitments but we may as well start over. At least we won't be making these kids look talentless while they attempt to form careers out of this sport. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Shift said:

You seem to be suggesting that most, if not all of this, is on Stidham because the WR are running good routes and are open.  Please explain why you feel this way because I am not seeing it (on TV).  Maybe someone at the game, that can see the entire field, has a different perspective than what I can see on TV.

No I don't suggest....if I was upset with js I'd say it

Just now, auburntiger1987 said:

while their d is horrid, their offense is 10x that of ours. we have to have better production or we will lose. d will crack at some point just like clemson. not their fault, just happens when the pressure is all on them

They have zero points at the half....against Purdue.  And scored 14 last week against South Carolina.  That's not a great offense.

10 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Seriously? An undisciplined team commits lots of stupid penalties and has off-field issues. That is one thing that Gus has done well. AU players are not thugs, We've seen how terrible that is and I'm glad it's not the problem right now because it's much harder to get under control. The offense right now is trying so hard to make something happen that they are making those errors. It's caused by nerves not lack of discipline. They feel terrible pressure today.

If you say so.  I see a lot of sloppy undisciplined play by the offense. 

Just now, cole256 said:

No I don't suggest....if I was upset with js I'd say it

Well it ain't the cheerleaders fault.  It is either the wideouts or QB so, as usual, I am not understanding what you are trying to say.

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

yup the clemson QB just threw the ball up and they caught em. I do not have that confidence in our WR's yet. DO you?

I don't think they have had enough opportunities downfield. Only person getting them is the guy running shallow rub routes, either Hastings or Davis

unnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnbelievable how un disciplined we are.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Trust me I have no love for Kodi as a coach. But this again goes back to gus.

Oh, I agree with you about Gus.  He is the root of all the problems on offense.  I'm just saying that, Stidham has had 10-12 seconds to throw the ball on most every play.  Some, he holds the ball too long, but mostly, our receivers are running around with ONE defender glued to them.  They make no "football moves" to get separation.  They look like to little wind up toys that just wander around in circles....EXCEPT for Hastings.  That kid is a ballplayer.

wait what?! did we have another fumble almost?

It would be great if we split with Gus and plugged Steele in as HC. At the end of the season, evaluate all candidates...maybe Steele keeps the job, maybe not. As long as it's not JJ making the decision because he's going to just take whoever involves less work.

2 minutes ago, Shift said:

Well it ain't the cheerleaders fault.  It is either the wideouts or QB so, as usual, I am not understanding what you are trying to say.

If you don't understand all that s*** I just wrote then as usual don't reply to me. I didn't come at you any type of way you're certainly not going to come at me

And no you're wrong it can be both like I explained and it can be coaches 

Ok, seriously. We don't look great, but we don't look terrible. Somewhere closer to not very good. Can anyone honestly say objectively that this team looks like a upper tier SEC team? 

I really don't think if everyone is honest not just complaining, but honestly this team looks average at best. It is difficult to think that this team has any championship chances with this current situation.

To be great we should aspire to have the best,  not just a scoreboard, but everything! Why did we hire great coaches in other sports? 

Just now, AUTigersfan89 said:

It would be great if we split with Gus and plugged Steele in as HC. At the end of the season, evaluate all candidates...maybe Steele keeps the job, maybe not. As long as it's not JJ making the decision because he's going to just take whoever involves less work.

Not sure how anyone making those decisions can keep either after today.  This is absurd if this circus keeps going. 

2 minutes ago, AUTigersfan89 said:

at least Steele learned from dabo and Saban and others. Who is Gus's mentor? Houston Nutt and Todd graham? meeeeeeh.

Archived