***Auburn vs. Mercer -- Game Thread***

RunInRed

Tubby is back in the area maybe we could hire him for he rest of the season as a interim HC and let Borges run the offense.  Then after the season is over we can go find a real HC.  This is looking like the 2012 nightmare all over again.  This team won't win half their games with this inept offense.  

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I've said it several times in this thread.  We have almost 300 yards of total offense.  It's simple ball security right now that's causing our game to go the way it is currently.  Fix that, and we're up 3 TDs.

Exactly right.  Today its simply about the turnovers. Without them, we are up 3-4 TD's.  Have to protect the football.

The red zone play calling has never been good. O line can't get push on mercer . I don't feel good at all about the Missouri game . Not with Gus running the show . 

1 minute ago, yngwie1995 said:

He still holds the ball too long. Doesn't throw the ball unless the receiver is wide open, generally.

Yep hastings was open on that pass to KP

4 minutes ago, nurbis said:

Not that it makes a difference but we won by 3 in overtime against Louisiana Monroe in 2012. The 2012 team was the worst Auburn team ever. This defense automatically makes us better this year but the offense is very undisciplined. Can't imagine we will be very competitive in the SEC this year.

ulm is division 1. mercer is not.  neither is acceptable.  however you,  me and 9 others should be able to hang with Mercer

Just now, AUTigergrad08 said:

And you think Malzahn or Chip could fix that?  This is the most undisciplined football team I've ever seen. 

I think I've seen really good teams have weird days.  I'm by no means saying we're a really good team, but people need to look at this closer.  The score is not indicative of how the game has gone at all, especially for the offense.  We're marching up and down the field and then shooting ourselves in the foot.

Small example:  I broadcast high school football every week here in Texas.  Called a game Thursday with a state title contender playing that was a total mismatch on paper, but went much like this in the first half.  It was 7-6 at the half.  The final score was  41-6.  

2 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

He still holds the ball too long. Doesn't throw the ball unless the receiver is wide open, generally.

well the wr's are not getting separation. this is the third straight game the announcers have been hammering this home. I much rather him hold the ball than force it which was a Jeremy Johnson Special.

We have to be dead last in FBS for scoring a TD in the red zone.  Almost 300 total yds on offense and can only come up with one TD

Just now, Auhud08 said:

Yep hastings was open on that pass to KP

I was more thinking of one of his passes TO Hastings earlier. He doesn't meet the receiver in the route. He waits until the receiver is wide open then guns it to them. 

Just now, WarTiger said:

Exactly right.  Today its simply about the turnovers. Without them, we are up 3-4 TD's.  Have to protect the football.

They are going to have to do better than wr screen, kp up the middle 4 times in a row, Hastings drag route, repeat

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

It's Mercer. And the O has sucked. 300 yards of pure suck. Come on. 

We see this differently.  Secure the ball and it's at least 24-0 or 28-0.

problem i have with Gus is his player grouping tells u what hes about to run... So far the two times Barrett was in he got the ball thrown to him twice and then after that he runs of the fiield and pettway comes on and we run.... 

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

NOOOO!!!! NO NO NO!!!! The team does not deserve that. Good Grief. And what would recruits think about that kind of behavior by fans? 

It's the only way the PTB are going to see that Gus needs to go.  I hate it for the players.  They deserve better.  They deserve to have a coach that isn't a jackass, and the way to get that is to hit the PTB in the pockets.  As far as recruiting goes, it won't hurt as bad as another year of Gus' inept offense and lack of utilizing top-tier talent on offense.  We can say goodbye to Justin Fields, probably Galloway, and that stud WR that committed.  Why would they want to come here and not be coached up?  I wouldn't.  With 30 offers for each of these guys, what can Gus say to make these guys believe he is the best option for them????  NOTHING!!!!

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

well the wr's are not getting separation. this is the third straight game the announcers have been hammering this home. I much rather him hold the ball than force it which was a Jeremy Johnson Special.

This is over exaggerated

we need to diversify the running game 2nd half. Barrett looks hungry out there.  Let him tote it. 

Missouri is in a worse spot than us. At least we have talent at most positions. Mizzu has bad coaches with mediocre players 

Just now, bigbird said:

Hey, did y'all see that run by Kam Martin...yeah, me either. :glare:

No, but I like what I saw from Devin Barrett on the two swing passes.

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

They are going to have to do better than wr screen, kp up the middle 4 times in a row, Hastings drag route, repeat

What do you mean?  It appears Gus has finally opened up the playbook...

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Hey, did y'all see that run by Kam Martin...yeah, me either. :glare:

I feel like you've stolen over 200 likes from me the past two weeks and we all know how important likes are

Archived