***Auburn vs. Mercer -- Game Thread***

RunInRed

Just now, AUTigergrad08 said:

What makes you think Auburn has shown that they could actually put points on Purdue?  I don't see it at all.  

I've said it several times in this thread.  We have almost 300 yards of total offense.  It's simple ball security right now that's causing our game to go the way it is currently.  Fix that, and we're up 3 TDs.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Pay attention.  It's not the play calling.  It's ball security.  We have almost 300 yards of offense.

for today. this same playcalling is about through winning games

1 minute ago, shabby said:

everything wrong in this game comes down to our receivers. it's not hard at all to figure out what's wrong here.

Aka the problem known as Kodi Burns hired by his favorist boss, Gus who doesn't believe in the Auburn creed and counting on what you earn. 

Just now, AUTigergrad08 said:

People saying the players haven't quit on Gus I don't know about that.  This looks a lot like 2012.

The Georgia game was the worst example of players quitting at Auburn that I've ever seen.

2 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

Let me guess, postgame Gus is going to talk about how much better the offense has become

'We have to do a better job of preparing our players. We're gonna get better! I can promise you that' 

1 minute ago, AUTigersfan89 said:

The players look like they're playing at half speed too...no fire.

They realize they play for inadequate coaches that refuse to do anything different.  Even their post game speeches are the same from last year.  Play calling is pop warner.  For anyone wanting to skip the 2nd half, I'll summarize it for you.  1st down - off tackle, 2nd down - off tackle, 3rd down - attempted bomb (sack, completion/fumble, incomplete), 4th down - 30 yard flop punt or field goal if we get any where near the end zone.  Final score Auburn 19, Mercer 10.

Love to hear the commentators calling out the play calling. Stidham has really nice stats but I wouldn't say he looks great because he's had all day to throw. Everything about this is atrocious and embarrassing. This team will give up on itself at this point. It's obvious that's where it's headed. I'm with the rest, let Gus go and slide Steele in as interim HC. 

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Gus has pretty much turned JS into SW

And so far, a poor man's SW.  JS is a far better QB than SW with far better coaching (see Baylor), but when healthy, SW has learned to adapt to Gus' insanity better than JS.

wde

1 minute ago, nurbis said:

Not that it makes a difference but we won by 3 in overtime against Louisiana Monroe in 2012. The 2012 team was the worst Auburn team ever. This defense automatically makes us better this year but the offense is very undisciplined. Can't imagine we will be very competitive in the SEC this year.

Forgot about that one. Tried to block all of 2012 from my mind

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

I've said it several times in this thread.  We have almost 300 yards of total offense.  It's simple ball security right now that's causing our game to go the way it is currently.  Fix that, and we're up 3 TDs.

And you think Malzahn or Chip could fix that?  This is the most undisciplined football team I've ever seen. 

5 minutes ago, AuburnGrad97 said:

Then Chip sucks, too, and needs to be shown the door, as well.  The stadium needs to empty at half-time, and show a clear message to the administration that we aren't going to suffer this BS any more.  I ready for a rebuilding 3-5 years to fix this crap!

NOOOO!!!! NO NO NO!!!! The team does not deserve that. Good Grief. And what would recruits think about that kind of behavior by fans? 

5 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

There's no reason to believe Gus'll stay. He's the second hottest head coach in the nation. Whoever loses that A&M game will likely get fired on the spot. Only person who kept his job is Jacobs, and Jacobs won't be here 

Well I'll believe it once Jacobs is fired, until then we will have this and it won't get better.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

L O L are you serious bro?! Stidham is 18 for 20 for 196. Are you freaking kidding me?! There is no problem with him at all. Come on man. Are you watching the same game?

He still holds the ball too long. Doesn't throw the ball unless the receiver is wide open, generally.

This is ridiculous. The players don't even look like they care they have a game today let alone they're actually in the game now. 

Watching Auburn is like watching paint dry my goodness. 

1 minute ago, War Knight said:

The Georgia game was the worst example of players quitting at Auburn that I've ever seen.

2014 uga was a quit game too.

wde

1 minute ago, Farmer Brown said:

Do you understand sarcasm?

It's been established that yellow font is sarcasm.  So, yes I do understand sarcasm.

2 minutes ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

What makes you think Auburn has shown that they could actually put points on Purdue?  I don't see it at all.  

Exactly, this offense is so stagnate.  I feel like the only time it has truly excelled is when they've had a dual threat QB or a freak of nature.  The WRs aren't huge threats either.  

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

It's Mercer. And the O has sucked. 300 yards of pure suck. Come on. 

Archived