Auburn is a top 10 team rn...

austudnt23

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Good, they need to take it one game at a time and be ready for Mizzou. Looks like Miss State will be the new hot trending team, so a lot of happenings will occur within the next three weeks.

Yep. If we beat MSU, then it's likely on. If not, it's likely off. That looks like the turning point of the season. If only folks can keep the pitchforks hidden until after that game. Then we will almost certainly know whether Chip coming in is what the situation needed. If it wasn't, then Gus is gone. Just 2 weeks from today and we will either be talking about what we have to do to win the SEC or who the next coach will be. 

Patience ?

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always appreciate your inside info, but this isn't a Top 10'team right now; we're probably the third best in the SEC West behind Alabama and Miss St. It'll probably be a field goal kicking contest between us and LSU, so we might even be 4th in the West. Toss UGA in there and we may go 4-4 in the SEC.

Running Pettway 34 times is another example of Gus and his thought process, or lack thereof. It is becoming terrifying on his unwillingness to change.

The routes are still taking way too long to develop but hopefully JS built some confidence. 

18 minutes ago, VAtiger12 said:

Agree. Felt like Stid got more comfortable as the game went on. Think he really needed one like this but I wish we would have done it against GA Southern more. Gus has issues but turnovers aren't one of them so I trust he will get that solved.

We are talking about Mercer! He should have been able to eat a sandwich back there. Just look at how far we have fallen since 2013. The first team played the majority of the game. Mercer!!!

14 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Our toughest 2 games at home State and UGA. We have lots of work no doubt but who is going to beat us. Nobody is taking us hanging with Clemson as a victory in locker room trust me. 

IMO our biggest issue is our coach is playing "not to lose" instead of to win. We only played ONE running back yesterday because he did not trust the others. Did we throw into the end zone yesterday?  I don't think he trusts Stidham to do so.  If we continue to play not to lose we will do exactly that against MSU and LSU.  Lord knows where we go from there. 

Thank you for this. All of Auburns mistakes yesterday were things that can easily be fixed. They obviously weren't as pumped up to play Mercer as they were to play Clemson and probably didn't expect Mercer to be able to tackle the way they did. I think we'll find out who we truly are next week when we go on the road to play a below average SEC team. But if we lose, I'm done with Gus for good. Right now I still believe you could be right 

6 minutes ago, auskull said:

We are talking about Mercer! He should have been able to eat a sandwich back there. Just look at how far we have fallen since 2013. The first team played the majority of the game. Mercer!!!

I don't know what to tell you. All off season people in the know here said OL was going to be a concern and guess what, it is. They will only improve by being out there and working on it.

13 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

Yep. If we beat MSU, then it's likely on. If not, it's likely off. That looks like the turning point of the season. If only folks can keep the pitchforks hidden until after that game. Then we will almost certainly know whether Chip coming in is what the situation needed. If it wasn't, then Gus is gone. Just 2 weeks from today and we will either be talking about what we have to do to win the SEC or who the next coach will be. 

Patience ?

Yep that could be this teams Texas A&M game from 2013

1 hour ago, austudnt23 said:

Stop melting please. Look I am not happy about the score yesterday at all or the turnovers. There is some facts some people are ignoring. We ran Chip offense and executed very well except for turnovers. Stidham threw for 370 when was last time we had a qb throw for that many yards? I really don't know. If we don't turn ball overy we score 5p plus and win by 30 plus. Kam Pettway shouldn't have been used that much but he is a back who the more he gets hit the better he gets. Last year he took all the beating in spring and fall camp this year he has hardly been hit  except for in games. We have the best defense in the his the SEC. We need to find a 3rd back but I expect Kerryon back by Mississippi state. Any doubters to just how good Clemson defense and offense is did you watch the game last night Clemson is the best team in the country rn. We shut their offense down basically except for a few 50/50 balls they got. Their defense shut the reigning heisman winner down until 4th quarter when they were up big and basically playing soft defensively.

Undefeated until Iron Bowl. 

Is this Coach Malzahn on here? 

26 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Did you really just say we could have easily have won against Clemson?  Dude, we had like 9 total yards the entire 2nd half. I swear some of you guys have got to be Gus's kinfolks. Geesh!

We should have won against Clemson this is a fact.

I used to think we would lose to Clemson, Lsu, Georgia, and Bama. Gus would save his job yet again, and the madness would continue. Now I'm seeing a Def loss to Ms St and We may not win but two SEC games. Mizzou and Texas AM. To be fair though, Gus and Chip didn't make the team have 5 turnovers yesterday. That's on them. The players don't seem to want it on offense. Piss poor execution. 

Just now, austudnt23 said:

Well, I just don't know what to tell you man. I guess we should have. After all, the only thing that held us back was our inability to block, pass, and run. In some parallel universe I guses that leads to victory. I would really like for this season to turn out like you think, but I live in the real world. No offense, but you are drinking way too much Kool aid, and it has been spiked with mushrooms. 

I haven't watched the mercer game but this is quite the bold statement. We'll know where we stand soon. We are not a top 10 team. No way no how. We can be a top 25 team. If we get through the next 3 games without a loss. We are a top 25 team. But I highly doubt we get through those 3 games with 1 RB. But we shall see. Either 23 will be laughed at for the rest of the season as we loss 5-7 games or he is right and he can serve crown to the rest of the board all season. Personally I'm hoping I get some nice crow. 

4 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Well, I just don't know what to tell you man. I guess we should have. After all, the only thing that held us back was our inability to block, pass, and run. In some parallel universe I guses that leads to victory. I would really like for this season to turn out like you think, but I live in the real world. No offense, but you are drinking way too much Kool aid, and it has been spiked with mushrooms. 

...and play call, and substitute, and prepare, and adjust. Left those out.

Question relative to running a different offense than LY.....does anyone think it makes a difference in line play, execution etc until all are on board (don't blast me please. Not making an excuse....just asking). Our defense picked up where it left off with no changes necessary. I'm thinking at least changes are trying to be made on offense.  Teams like Clemson have continuity of scheme and playbook on both sides. 

14 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Why should we have won against Clemson? We were dominated by there D from about the first quarter onward. We didn't make stupid mistakes like turnovers or miss half a dozen field goals. We got whipped beaten and cast away by the Clemson defense. Our d made it possible for us to win the game but I don't understand the statement we should have beaten them

4 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Why should we have won against Clemson? We were dominated by there D from about the first quarter onward. We didn't make stupid mistakes like turnovers or miss half a dozen field goals. We got whipped beaten and cast away by the Clemson defense. Our d made it possible for us to win the game but I don't understand the statement we should have beaten them

Our defense kept the score close, but the game was never in doubt. Only way we would have won that game was to conduct our first 3 offensive series before Clemson got off the bus. Even then, we would have probably had to kick at least two field goals.

Malzahn teams are like building something ornate on top of a busted foundation. They are always - even in their better years - fundamentally poor. This team is fundamentally poor and the chemistry just isn't there. There is no way this team goes undefeated into the Iron Bowl and there's a better chance they fall apart. It's pretty ugly. The SEC as a whole is down, but we have to go on the road to play LSU and UGA and MSU are getting stronger. Even A&M could be a problem for us. What we lack should have been taken care of long before now. It won't get fixed mid-season. 

1 hour ago, austudnt23 said:

I just find it funny people panic because we didn't win by 40 points we had 5 turnovers. Did you see clemson last nite. They r best team in country. We went to their stadium without Kerryon and Kam banged up and should have won game. I am not basing my opinion on my thoughts for season on that but some need to calm down and let the season play out. I saw what I needed to seeee from JS yesterday. He is becoming more comfortable everyday and when he fully hit's his stride it will help our oline out alot. 

Clemson got up for the Heisman winner and Louisville, who gave them a game last year. They didn't get up for us, because it's the same as Ohio State getting up for Vanderbilt. It's sad, but that is the state of our program right now

You know times are bad when the people of this forum would publicly oppose au23. 

My only comment I'll make is after watching Clemson thump Louisville I realized just how stout our defense really was against them. Their freshman quarterback is a man.

1 minute ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

For the record, I'm with 23. Yesterday was a great step for the team. I'm looking forward to the next few games. Kinks worked out, should be fun to watch.

Careful friend. You are standing on a limb, and are sawing between youself, and the tree.

Archived