Auburn is a top 10 team rn...

austudnt23

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ChltteTiger said:

Well I feel a little better about the team after tonite. We should handle the next two teams. Maybe the next four.

LSU has played quite badly, and might be fielding one of the worst teams in recent memory, but I would never expect us to give them the beats in Baton Rouge. Just too much of an advantage. I think we’ll win by a very close 10 pts as of now. Myles Brennan could be a game changer though, depending on if Canada is worth a damn 

We met expectations, played a lot of players, and looked on the same page. Gotta give the coaches credit. Hopefully we also show up as the schedule gets tougher. Would be nice to just take for granite that the coaches will always fix whatever needs fixing as the season goes alone. Give Gus credit on this one.

We won using the same old plays for the most part. Wild cat, sugar huddle, throw deep after getting 5 seconds of protection. Hopefully, our o-line giving better protection is due to them gelling and not the lack of quality on Missouri's defense. I sure wish we would have called more pass plays in the red zone. 

Moving on to the MSU game, I don't think Fitzgerald will make it through the game against our defense. He took a beating against Georgia and should expect an equal or greater beating from us.

1 hour ago, MaxP said:

We won using the same old plays for the most part. Wild cat, sugar huddle, throw deep after getting 5 seconds of protection. Hopefully, our o-line giving better protection is due to them gelling and not the lack of quality on Missouri's defense. I sure wish we would have called more pass plays in the red zone. 

Moving on to the MSU game, I don't think Fitzgerald will make it through the game against our defense. He took a beating against Georgia and should expect an equal or greater beating from us.

Fitzgerald got hurt against LSU. Wasn't 100 against UGA will not be again st us either

20 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

Fitzgerald got hurt against LSU. Wasn't 100 against UGA will not be again st us either

What kind of hurt? Is it a mobility issue or a throwing issue?  

22 hours ago, MaxP said:

Wild cat

I'm not complaining, but I do hope we have some TD passing plays within the redzone.  We're going to have to be creative as we get into the meat of the SEC schedule.

On 9/17/2017 at 8:05 AM, austudnt23 said:

Stop melting please. Look I am not happy about the score yesterday at all or the turnovers. There is some facts some people are ignoring. We ran Chip offense and executed very well except for turnovers. Stidham threw for 370 when was last time we had a qb throw for that many yards? I really don't know. If we don't turn ball overy we score 5p plus and win by 30 plus. Kam Pettway shouldn't have been used that much but he is a back who the more he gets hit the better he gets. Last year he took all the beating in spring and fall camp this year he has hardly been hit  except for in games. We have the best defense in the his the SEC. We need to find a 3rd back but I expect Kerryon back by Mississippi state. Any doubters to just how good Clemson defense and offense is did you watch the game last night Clemson is the best team in the country rn. We shut their offense down basically except for a few 50/50 balls they got. Their defense shut the reigning heisman winner down until 4th quarter when they were up big and basically playing soft defensively.

Undefeated until Iron Bowl. 

Toddling in the right direction.

Still in.

WDE

We will be a top 10 team aftER tonight. A couple things changed and we are a different team now.  Kam P is still hurt and not near 100%. We are very good and JS has hit his stride. Best defense in the SEC we have a couple guys still banged up on defense and not playing and are still dominating. Our offense has joined the party as I was expecting.

2 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

We will be a top 10 team aftER tonight. A couple things changed and we are a different team now.  Kam P is still hurt and not near 100%. We are very good and JS has hit his stride. Best defense in the SEC we have a couple guys still banged up on defense and not playing and are still dominating. Our offense has joined the party as I was expecting.

Really need Pettway to be healthy down the stretch. We finally looked the part tonight. Big improvements on the offensive line. 

10 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

We have a very solid team. But we do not have the best defense in the conference. I would say top 3 in the conference, but giving up 194 yards rushing to MSU is unacceptable. And most of those carries were right up the middle. We need Tre Williams back before we can start claiming best defense in the conference. Our DL is still our strength, but I would like to see more TFLs & sacks before I would say that they are dominant.

18 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

23 you may have called it with this thread. Don't think we'll move into the top 10 this week, but it doesn't matter. Keep winning and we will.

15 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

We have a very solid team. But we do not have the best defense in the conference. I would say top 3 in the conference, but giving up 194 yards rushing to MSU is unacceptable. And most of those carries were right up the middle. We need Tre Williams back before we can start claiming best defense in the conference. Our DL is still our strength, but I would like to see more TFLs & sacks before I would say that they are dominant.

We were missin our best All SEC lb in the middle. Also couple other guys banged up. We should have had another sack with Atkinson. Holland was being held along with Marlon alot 2nite from my perspective. 

13 minutes ago, Auskip said:

23 you may have called it with this thread. Don't think we'll move into the top 10 this week, but it doesn't matter. Keep winning and we will.

Don't jinx it Jeez. One game at a time.

39 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

I was with you, 23. I'm giddy tonight.

Troy just beat LSU. The victory by Miss St. doesn't look so impressive now. Just maybe Miss St. is not really as good as we thought. Georgia dismantled Miss ST. and Tennessee. I think we just may be the second best team in the West and Georgia looks by far the best in the East. We looked like a well coached team tonight. Few if any mistakes and the Offense look better and played well as a team. Special teams is Okay but needs to improve. Maybe there is a path to 10 wins this season.

35 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

I give u Alabama, but we have a better defense that UGA imo and are very close 1a 1b with Bama. If Pettway can get healthy we have the better offensethan both tho. UGA I didn't see their game today I admit due to me tailgating and other activities before game. I don't see UGA coming here and beating us with a freshman this year. I don't want to hear they did last year either this is a different team than last year. SW gave them the game last year. Also some might want to watch Clemson they are killing VA Tech at VA Tech.

Going to come down to us against UGA.  Barring injuries to Stidham and multiple starters on the D, we are going to roll through the rest of the schedule because we are more talented than Ole Miss, Arky and Texas A&M and while LSU has talent, their dumbass AD hired an imbecile as HC in Orgeron.

wde

Archived