Auburn is a top 10 team rn...

austudnt23

Personally, I've never understood the concept of not being able to be focused and "up" for a game regardless of what happened the game prior.

back when Jeff grimes was our OL coach, he made a similar comment ... you dang near work 364 days a year and have 14 or so games ... how can you NOT be emotionally ready for all of them.  I understand the concept but it's Baffling to me. 

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The season starts tomorrow night in Mizzou as far as I am concerned good bad or ugly.  I am going to back off on bashing until after tomorrow night when the 4th quarter ends. I am not sure what to expect folks. I do know what I would love to see. This would be JS throwing for at least 275 yards (22 out of 32 zero pics and no more than 3 sacks & 3 hurries.)  I would love to see our run game add another 265 yards as well with KP rushing for 125 and KJ with 75 and the other 65 from JS & Kmart.  This is possible if JS can get his rhythm and find his receivers quicker than in the past 3 games.

I do think our defense will hold Mizzou for no more than 245 total yards or less with 13 or fewer points allowed. We tack on 35 to 45 points in the process. This is doable. I think if this happens, we all will breathe a little easier but not sure how much. IF we come close to reaching these projections,  no bashing will come from me I promise!

I'm just not going to get my hopes up against Mizzou, just too dang depressing when we don't meet expectations. I personally think the OL, QB, and WRs would have been chomping at the bits to make amends against Mercer after 11 sacks, mentally unprepared QB and WR drops. Back in the day, practice would have been a killer. The game would be redemption or get ready for another killer practice week.  Mercer should have been cannon fodder simply because of the mental and physical intensity of practice. I refuse to believe we don't have SEC talent at OL, QB or WR.

10 minutes ago, auskull said:

I'm just not going to get my hopes up against Mizzou, just too dang depressing when we don't meet expectations. I personally think the OL, QB, and WRs would have been chomping at the bits to make amends against Mercer after 11 sacks, mentally unprepared QB and WR drops. Back in the day, practice would have been a killer. The game would be redemption or get ready for another killer practice week.  Mercer should have been cannon fodder simply because of the mental and physical intensity of practice. I refuse to believe we don't have SEC talent at OL, QB or WR.

OK, How was the QB mentally unprepared? He went 32-37 with over 300 yards. You can criticize him for still taking time to progress on his reads, but mentally unprepared?

1 minute ago, DAG said:

OK, How was the QB mentally unprepared? He went 32-37 with over 300 yards. You can criticize him for still taking time to progress on his reads, but mentally unprepared?

Guess that was kinda vague. I was thinking in reference to the Clemson game because of not handling the DL rush in many cases. Holding onto the ball too long, not throwing the ball away under pressure or taking eyes off the WR and refocusing on the rusher. Agree he did make considerable progress against Mercer when under pressure and fitting the ball into tight spaces. 

I really appreciate the insight the 23 brings to this forum, but I cannot agree with him:  this is definitely NOT a Top 10 team.  Other than the defense, it's not a team.  And to be a team, the Offense and the Defense have to work together, and right now the offense is just gobbledygook. It's just a group of individuals.

Performance is about growth, pain, learning from mistakes that you know you will make, and knowing that some nights you just won't "have it", but still pull yourself together and give your best effort.  People have paid a price to see what you are providing.  25 years of performing on an international level have taught me that.  If I wanted my fee, which meant I put a roof over my family's head and food on the table, I pulled myself together and got it done.

That's what makes a Champion.

1 hour ago, auskull said:

Guess that was kinda vague. I was thinking in reference to the Clemson game because of not handling the DL rush in many cases. Holding onto the ball too long, not throwing the ball away under pressure or taking eyes off the WR and refocusing on the rusher. Agree he did make considerable progress against Mercer when under pressure and fitting the ball into tight spaces. 

Stidham was not the problem against Clemson.  It was the piss poor offensive scheme he tried to execute from his bonehead head coach, the piss poor play from the OL and the piss poor play from a highly talented WR corp who are woefully undercoached by a yes man graduate assistant.

wde

1 hour ago, AUIH1 said:

Stidham was not the problem against Clemson.  It was the piss poor offensive scheme he tried to execute from his bonehead head coach, the piss poor play from the OL and the piss poor play from a highly talented WR corp who are woefully undercoached by a yes man graduate assistant.

wde

you do have a point.  I can only dream if we had been able to get the OC from OSU last year. OK State is lighting it up this year. Gus would likely have handcuffed him too much to make the change and come to the Plains.

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

Because we beat Missouri? 

HANDLED Missouri. Looked great doing it. If we stay healthy, preview of things to come. Until UGA we should win out. And that's a toss up at the moment.

Just now, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

HANDLED Missouri. Looked great doing it. If we stay healthy, preview of things to come. Until UGA we should win out. And that's a toss up at the moment.

Yes. This is the expectation, big guy. Hold off on patting yourself on the back until we play MSU, LSU and UGA. Those will be the games that will be the true test. Good win tonight though.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yes. This is the expectation, big guy. Hold off on patting yourself on the back until we play MSU, LSU and UGA. Those will be the games that will be the true test. Good win tonight though.

Why are you a condescending jerk hole? 

Just now, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Why are you a condescending jerk hole? 

Look at you emotional.  Sorry for telling you to hold off on the I told you SOs. Get over it.

Well I feel a little better about the team after tonite. We should handle the next two teams. Maybe the next four.

49 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Some fans here

Screenshot_20170923-214838.png

Oh yeah! We beat up on that great Mizzou. Let's give Gus a raise, and contract extension. Good Grief Charlie Brown! If we go undefeated until UGA, I will gladly eat that crow, naked on the courthouse steps. Let's temper the enthusiasm just a bit for now. This is still the same team that had trouble blocking the little sisters of the poor in week 1, and 3, and could not get past the mendoza line against Clemson. 

We did what we should have against Mizzou.  Something we did not do against GSU and Mercer.  We improved for the 1st time tonight.  Going forward, we should put a beat down on MSU like UGA did.

wde

1 minute ago, AUIH1 said:

We did what we should have against Mizzou.  Something we did not do against GSU and Mercer.  We improved for the 1st time tonight.  Going forward, we should put a beat down on MSU like UGA did.

wde

Hope you're right. We'll just have to see. I expect the bell ringers to be looking for blood next week. We'll see if the wildcat works against a real SEC defense I guess.

23 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Oh yeah! We beat up on that great Mizzou. Let's give Gus a raise, and contract extension. Good Grief Charlie Brown! If we go undefeated until UGA, I will gladly eat that crow, naked on the courthouse steps. Let's temper the enthusiasm just a bit for now. This is still the same team that had trouble blocking the little sisters of the poor in week 1, and 3, and could not get past the mendoza line against Clemson. 

We handled Missouri at Missouri without pettway. I have been saying how much we missed Kerryon against Clemson. He does so much for us. Great win. Stidham has gotten his confidence and it started last week. That's why I wasnt dissapointed with score. Kid can sling it with confidence. Missouri has a couple very good dlineman. 

37 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

We handled Missouri at Missouri without pettway. I have been saying how much we missed Kerryon against Clemson. He does so much for us. Great win. Stidham has gotten his confidence and it started last week. That's why I wasnt dissapointed with score. Kid can sling it with confidence. Missouri has a couple very good dlineman. 

Only got to watch the secone half and saw highlights from first.

Is there anyone else concerned that he continues to underthrow the long balls?

26 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Only got to watch the secone half and saw highlights from first.

Is there anyone else concerned that he continues to underthrow the long balls?

No seeing as he threw three and two of them were in stride, including one that was a TD.

Archived