Auburn is a top 10 team rn...

austudnt23

5 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

And I am sorry, but even a healthy KJ and Pettway are not the same caliber of RB as Chubb and Michel.  Throw in Swift and UGA has a huge advantage in the RB department even if all of ours are healthy.

wde

Chubb is in the same league as Gurley. 

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, MaxP said:

Statistically Gurley has nothing on Chubb.

2 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

And I am sorry, but even a healthy KJ and Pettway are not the same caliber of RB as Chubb and Michel.  Throw in Swift and UGA has a huge advantage in the RB department even if all of ours are healthy.

2 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

wde

I Don't disagree they have studs at rb but so do we. By November we could be 5 deep if nobody gets hurt. I admit I haven't seen UGA much but Chubb hasn't been same since injury at UT. Also do you really think UGA will line up and run it on us at will. I do think you are right if Chubb is back to pre UT game in jury their rbs are better. KP is around 70% right now if that. He does not have any burst atm. He should be able to get healthy by UGA. Hopefully Bama broke Ole Miss spirit 2nite because they are a team that could break out anytime. We will prob be favored by 20. Ole Miss is a team we should be able to run at will and get some carries to the 3 other backs.

I don't think I've ever seen the SEC west this bad. It really is Bama, us, and..... Antarctica between the rest of the division. No reason for us to not be able to run the table until UGA. But I'm not taking anything for granted 

3 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I don't think I've ever seen the SEC west this bad. It really is Bama, us, and..... Antarctica between the rest of the division. No reason for us to not be able to run the table until UGA. But I'm not taking anything for granted 

I worry about A&M. Something tells me they're gonna come to play.

I know this is a message board and not the locker room, but we need to be taking this thing one step at a time. We have taken some big steps forward but we're nowhere near a playoff team right now. OL got better last night for sure but need to improve A LOT more before we're ready for defenses like uga and bama!  Neither KP nor KJ are healthy, and they won't be if we don't rest them some!  Playing Shea Patterson will be a new test for our pass rush and DBs. I'm interested to see how well we cover those good OM WRs and how long they'll have to. (we'll need that test before we go up against Christian Kirk and the a&m WRs).   LSU is awful right now. But I guarantee you they will play their best game of the year when we visit down there.  Even as fans on a message board, we really shouldn't be thinking about uga or bama yet.  JMHO

Good advice preacher but on this forum people lean toward  hyperbole . Either the world is coming to an end....but fire Gus and JJ first..... or "bring  on Bama".

The steady improvement is encouraging.

We also need to stop turning the ball over when we are at home.  We got a couple back ourselves, but the trend is giving up 2-3 when we are home.  Bama and UGA are home games.  We haven't had a turnover on road, I think. 

Georgia has always had talent. Kirby Smart scares me some because I don't know how good he is. I have a sneaking feeling that he could become the 2nd best coach in this conference and dominate the EAST. I have watched two games already and am impressed. They just look well coached and prepared. The freshman QB was a setback but they have overcome that now. Their RB's are top notch and deep. Their defense is equal to ours. That game scares me.

The WEST looks weaker to me. Ole Ms, Miss St. Ark, and TA&M are down. A&M will get better. We are better and getting better. Something I couldn't see early on with GA. So. and Mercer. Coaching has tightened up. We don't have that power running game and the passing game is becoming an equalizer. May simply come down to GA. and Bamma. A 10 win season could be reachable if we don't stumble in between.

47 minutes ago, auskull said:

Georgia has always had talent. Kirby Smart scares me some because I don't know how good he is. I have a sneaking feeling that he could become the 2nd best coach in this conference and dominate the EAST. I have watched two games already and am impressed. They just look well coached and prepared. The freshman QB was a setback but they have overcome that now. Their RB's are top notch and deep. Their defense is equal to ours. That game scares me.

The WEST looks weaker to me. Ole Ms, Miss St. Ark, and TA&M are down. A&M will get better. We are better and getting better. Something I couldn't see early on with GA. So. and Mercer. Coaching has tightened up. We don't have that power running game and the passing game is becoming an equalizer. May simply come down to GA. and Bamma. A 10 win season could be reachable if we don't stumble in between.

The east has 1 legit team and that is UGA. UF is not that good . Easily could've lost to Kentucky and Tennessee. The west has Alabama and Au urn. The aggies who are not all that great either just beat the gamecocks , who was the so called sleeper in the East. IMO parity in college football has evened out as a totality . Only two teams seem to be head and shoulders above the rest and that is Clemson and Bama.

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Good advice preacher but on this forum people lean toward  hyperbole . Either the world is coming to an end....but fire Gus and JJ first..... or "bring  on Bama".

The steady improvement is encouraging.

Bring on Bama!

Seriously though, It's looking like we have the 2nd or 3rd best team in the SEC. Bama is still #1, it's a toss up between AU and UGA for #2. Then there is a bit of a drop off after that.

Things change, teams heat up, others get cold... but at the moment that's how it looks.

12 hours ago, MaxP said:

This is what drives me nuts. Even the most casual fan knows we can't keep running our injured starting running backs into the ground. Barrett looks to me to have KJ talent. Miller looks better than the injured Pettway in everyway. Someone smack Gus in the back of the head.

This

23, do you have any idea why the coaches refuse to sit out KP and rotate in the other backs?  Devin gets one short swing pas every game showing his spedd then sits the rrst if the game so Pettway can run jbto the line for 2.  Maybe the fumble will wake up gus.  Pettway is not effective this yr; he is a liability right now.  

And 23, you admitted you hadn't seen UGA much.  That's why you have such confidence.  The have tons of talent and the are playing as a complete team.  Their D is as good as ours.  Roquan is amazing.  And T Godwin catches everything thrown to him. They have always been able to recruit the qb and rb positions and are loaded.  Fromm is not playing like a frish; Eason will be healthy by gsmetime also.  KS has this team playing to the highest level and believing.  Can we beat them?  IMO not without a viable running game which we do not have right now.  No our backs are not better than theirs no matter if they are healthy or not.  No one knows if pettway is going to return to his old form anytime soon.  So we better get our backs reshuffled like we have the Oline

12 hours ago, MaxP said:

Actually, Chubb will be in the same league with Gurley next year.  I just hope he goes to the Panthers. :rimshot:  

1 hour ago, mom2kid said:

Fromm is not playing like a frish;

He looks very composed and the OC is giving him plays to boost his confidence.  I'm curious to see how they do next week at Vandy. They'll win but this will be the best defense they've seen so far. I want to see how Fromm reacts to pressure. 

Like others have have mentioned I'm getting concerned about RB depth. But Stidham is an absolute pleasure to watch. He throws the tightest spiral and is one of the the most accurate QB's I've ever seen; he can throw every type of pass perfectly.

This

23, do you have any idea why the coaches refuse to sit out KP and rotate in the other backs?  Devin gets one short swing pas every game showing his spedd then sits the rrst if the game so Pettway can run jbto the line for 2.  Maybe the fumble will wake up gus.  Pettway is not effective this yr; he is a liability right now.  

And 23, you admitted you hadn't seen UGA much.  That's why you have such confidence.  The have tons of talent and the are playing as a complete team.  Their D is as good as ours.  Roquan is amazing.  And T Godwin catches everything thrown to him. They have always been able to recruit the qb and rb positions and are loaded.  Fromm is not playing like a frish; Eason will be healthy by gsmetime also.  KS has this team playing to the highest level and believing.  Can we beat them?  IMO not without a viable running game which we do not have right now.  No our backs are not better than theirs no matter if they are healthy or not.  No one knows if pettway is going to return to his old form anytime soon.  So we better get our backs reshuffled like we have the Oline

We can and should beat UGA. UGA killed a UT team that struggled to score and beat Umass. We have spent 2 weeks getting our offense in rhythm is the answer I have been given as to why the other backs haven't carried as much. Along with a trust we have for KJ to hold onto the ball. Kam Martin is a good back but he is not a downhill runner. Malik Miller now i would like to see get some more carries along with KM. DB is a big play waiting to happen but he is a true freshman with quality backs in front of him. Also KJ only carried 23 times last night. KP needs to sit until he is 100%. I have talked to people who follow UGA closely and they don't have the offensive coaching or skill to come in and put up big numbers. They have TG playing very good and a safety blanket with the TE. KP is nowhere near healthy and when he is along with KJ and 3 more we have the talent to match up with their big 3. The thing is UGA will not come in and run down the field we will make the frosh qb beat us in the most hostile environment he has seen by far. I haven't been told this yet but I expect some packages for MW to be coming to ignite the running game. Kid is electric and mature as a freshman. JS is the best qb in the SEC rn. You also have to add in Eli Stove with the sweeps and shovel passes as part of our running game. Miss State had a talented defensive front. I know UGA beat them 31 3 and we beat them 49 10, but I just think that shows the SEC has 3 very good teams. We play the other 2 at home. We were missing our All SEC middle lb last night and people need to take that into account when they see that Miss State only out up 10 on us and Mizzou 14. We do need to be taking this one game at a time tho I Def agree with that. Ole Miss has alot of talent at skill position and we have to make sure our guys are ready and not sleepwalking into this gane after they saw Bama destroy them.  

This

Also Eason is not a better qb than Fromm so he will not see the field again unless JF starts to struggle. We can and will beat UGA as long as we stay healthy. 

2 hours ago, Mims44 said:

Bring on Bama..  :)

Seriously though, It's looking like we have the 2nd or 3rd best team in the SEC. Bama is still #1, it's a toss up between AU and UGA for #2. Then there is a bit of a drop off after that.

Things change, teams heat up, others get cold... but at the moment that's how it looks.

As for bring on bama....yep I'm good with that but would prefer to wait 6 more weeks or so to let our team fully develop.   But when the day comes I'm eager to see what we can do and just hope the key guys are healthy.

27 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Rewind your clock 12 months.

Eh at least LSU, Ole Miss and A&M were competitive last season. I think A&M probably has the most talent offensively outside the state of Alabama  and could probably make a push for third best if they get it all together. 

The last thing I want to see is regular goal line packages for Willis. It's only been a successful strategy once with Leak and Tebow.

37 minutes ago, MaxP said:

The last thing I want to see is regular goal line packages for Willis. It's only been a successful strategy once with Leak and Tebow.

Agreed. Putting him in would just mean the opposing team would key in on the QB runs.

1 hour ago, austudnt23 said:

We can and should beat UGA. UGA killed a UT team that struggled to score and beat Umass. We have spent 2 weeks getting our offense in rhythm is the answer I have been given as to why the other backs haven't carried as much. Along with a trust we have for KJ to hold onto the ball. Kam Martin is a good back but he is not a downhill runner. Malik Miller now i would like to see get some more carries along with KM. DB is a big play waiting to happen but he is a true freshman with quality backs in front of him. Also KJ only carried 23 times last night. KP needs to sit until he is 100%. I have talked to people who follow UGA closely and they don't have the offensive coaching or skill to come in and put up big numbers. They have TG playing very good and a safety blanket with the TE. KP is nowhere near healthy and when he is along with KJ and 3 more we have the talent to match up with their big 3. The thing is UGA will not come in and run down the field we will make the frosh qb beat us in the most hostile environment he has seen by far. I haven't been told this yet but I expect some packages for MW to be coming to ignite the running game. Kid is electric and mature as a freshman. JS is the best qb in the SEC rn. You also have to add in Eli Stove with the sweeps and shovel passes as part of our running game. Miss State had a talented defensive front. I know UGA beat them 31 3 and we beat them 49 10, but I just think that shows the SEC has 3 very good teams. We play the other 2 at home. We were missing our All SEC middle lb last night and people need to take that into account when they see that Miss State only out up 10 on us and Mizzou 14. We do need to be taking this one game at a time tho I Def agree with that. Ole Miss has alot of talent at skill position and we have to make sure our guys are ready and not sleepwalking into this gane after they saw Bama destroy them.  

? is Pettways problem still his feet or is it other problems as well and do you have any idea how long it may take to get him healthy if he were to sit? Last year we were a lot better team with him.

28 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Agreed. Putting him in would just mean the opposing team would key in on the QB runs.

Well, back in the day, as they say, we used DC in similar situations and uat used Palmer the same way.

27 minutes ago, wareagleguy said:

Well, back in the day, as they say, we used DC in similar situations and uat used Palmer the same way.

I would rather not have the freshman running the zone read in the redzone, IMO. I would rather us throw it to keep defenses honest. 

Archived